Upgrade tickets from Costco to annual pass

ROV

Earning My Ears
Hello. I booked a hotel/park ticket package for Universal Studios Florida through Costco. We are considering upgrading to season passes when we get onsite if we enjoy it and think we'd want to come back with a year. With the package deal I don't know how much I am paying for each park ticket. I called guest services and they said we are allowed to upgrade, but can't tell us what amount we'd get to put towards the annual pass until we are onsite. Has anyone else ever got tickets through Costco and upgraded to season pass? Do you remember what you got for credit towards the upgrade? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

We did this in December. We changed our 3 Costco tickets (4 day, undated, 2 park, park to park) and we’re able to upgrade one ticket to a Preferred annual pass and the other two to Power annual passes without paying anything extra

Hello. I booked a hotel/park ticket package for Universal Studios Florida through Costco. We are considering upgrading to season passes when we get onsite if we enjoy it and think we'd want to come back with a year. With the package deal I don't know how much I am paying for each park ticket. I called guest services and they said we are allowed to upgrade, but can't tell us what amount we'd get to put towards the annual pass until we are onsite. Has anyone else ever got tickets through Costco and upgraded to season pass? Do you remember what you got for credit towards the upgrade? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Just an FYI, annual passes for out of state residents just went up by $50.

ROV, can you tell us whether you ended up upgrading? I am wondering the exact same thing as you posted here. I purchased my tickets through Costco Travel (tickets + offsite resort) so I'm not sure what my ticket value towards upgrade would be. To complicate things, we bought our tickets during their Buy 3 days get 2 free promotion. So we have 5 days worth of 3 park to park tickets.

Last edited:
ROV, can you tell us whether you ended up upgrading? I am wondering the exact same thing as you posted here. I purchased my tickets through Costco Travel (tickets + offsite resort) so I'm not sure what my ticket value towards upgrade would be. To complicate things, we bought our tickets during their Buy 3 days get 2 free promotion. So we have 5 days worth of 3 park to park tickets.
As far as Universal is concerned, those tickets are only priced like 3 day tickets towards an upgrade. I can't answer the package deal part of the question.

Hello. We did not end up upgrading the Costco tickets so I'm not help on this specific scenario. We ended up cancelling the Costco package and buying the buy 3 days get 2 free tickets on undercover tourist and upgrading to season passes at the gate. We paid the difference of season pass vs gate price of a 3 day ticket for the upgrade (so saved the amount of discount on UT site, about $30/person). Since we knew we'd upgrade at least one of our tickets to a season pass, I booked season pass hotel rates at cabana bay which were less than $100/night in Feb (haven't seen them that low since though). In the end our hotel and cost of tickets at UT were a bit more than the Costco package, but I knew what the amount of upgrade to season pass would be so I went that route so I could budget better. Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter