Upgrade with AAA?

threeboysmom

Living the dream - near Disney!
I am a Lowes Gold member and am really hoping for the $35 suite upgrade for my May trip. I currently have a reservation with the entertainment rate, but I think I read on here that they won't give you the suite upgrade (or any upgrade?) if you've booked with the ent. rate. The AAA rate is only about $15 more a night. Should I rebook with AAA? Will that give me the best chance for the $35 upgrade?

Thanks!

I don't have the answer to your question. I'd just hate to book a more expensive rate when I was taking a chance on getting the extra space anyway. It would be different if you were guarenteed the suite at time of booking.

I think you would have a better chance with the AAA rate. I, too, am Loews Gold and I was not able to upgrade at RPR in July because I had booked at the Ent. Rate.

Of course, there is no guarantee.

They do state that upgrades are only given when paying full rate but people have gotten upgrades if available even when discounted:jester:

Fact is that the only upgradable discounted rate is the AAA. Take my word for it. This is per Loews not the Star number. I am Loews Plat. and got a guaranteed Hospitaility Suite with attached room at the RP, but only if I used the AAA rate. I would take the $15 dollars more a night as I did for the Suite.

That right. The STAR# has told me that as well. They said the reason being that AAA was available to everyone. I argued that AP is not? I think they should take care of their own customers as well or better than AAA!:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter