Upgraded Magic Bands

I just gave up on my September trip and picked colored ones this monday. Today I got a "push notification" from Disney about my October trip. (I ignored or don't remember getting one for the September trip) It said "It's time to check in" so, without checking in, I skipped right to the ling to pick my custom Magic band and it worked!!! Even asked for payment and got a confirmation email. We will se if it actually arrives lol but I'm moderately excited.

HalleFREAKINlujah!!! Finally got the two bands we wanted. I got the castle and DH wanted the grey pirates or black panther. I was able to get the pirates. I got the confirmation email. Now lets just hope they follow through. I'm not counting on anything after how ridiculous this has all been. But so far so good.
Keep trying if you have time. It feels like they may VERY slowly getting better at fulfilling these orders. Yeah, I'm an optimist. lol

Just got email that order has shipped! Phew! I am officially done with the magic band saga....that is unless they get lost in the mail. LOL

I just logged in and the one I wanted isn't available at this time. My trip isn't until November so I still have some time, but grrr am I annoyed.

As noted, keep trying. When I tried to order ours a month or so ago, the stock changed literally every few minutes. On one try, the magic band I wanted was available, but my husband's wasn't, and only 12-13 were showing as available. Refreshed the page, and mine was gone and his was there, and now there are 20 available. This back and forth stuff went on for a few hours, with the bands we wanted coming and going and the available stock going from a dozen to 40 in a matter of minutes. At some point they both showed as available and I was able to snag them, but it was worse than trying to get an SSD FP+.

My wife is not excited about our trip at all (not a ride person in addition to anxiety) and her only request, other than meals that are indoors with AC, is a MB that is either Alice or Cheshire Cat themed.

Guess I get to be on the site every waking XX:43 to refresh to get the thing for her!

My wife is not excited about our trip at all (not a ride person in addition to anxiety) and her only request, other than meals that are indoors with AC, is a MB that is either Alice or Cheshire Cat themed.

Guess I get to be on the site every waking XX:43 to refresh to get the thing for her!
I’ll be here too. Waiting on galaxy edge one. 😂

We've been getting the Donald Duck "You do not have permission to access this page." for the last 2 days, anyone else?

We've been getting the Donald Duck "You do not have permission to access this page." for the last 2 days, anyone else?
whenever I saw that - a month or so ago, it was specific to one of my machines/browsers. I cleared the Cache on that device/browser and all was well.
The dwarfs error page seems to fix itself on a refresh - but DD not so much

well - that and the bands were still NA

But yes - my iPad worked 100% , safari on my Mac worked, Google Chrome on my WIndows box had the issue.....

How do you pre pay i cant figure it out? I get them on my picture and tests it no way to check out

Tons of choices popped up today. None of them actually work. :headache: I'm trying to get a fun one for my AP. Guess I'll try again. Such a tease. I really wanted the HM one.

I haven't read through this entire thread so not sure if it's been mentioned or not but once you are finally successful and order the special bands has anyone else noticed that you often get the Mickey and friends luggage tags with them? Not every time but most. I only found them by accident but now look each time I get some in. I got 2 orders this week and one had them the other didn't. I love this since we always book room only and that means we normally don't get them.

I haven't read through this entire thread so not sure if it's been mentioned or not but once you are finally successful and order the special bands has anyone else noticed that you often get the Mickey and friends luggage tags with them? Not every time but most. I only found them by accident but now look each time I get some in. I got 2 orders this week and one had them the other didn't. I love this since we always book room only and that means we normally don't get them.

Yes! I was thrilled because we're DVC and never get them and TSA keeps breaking and losing them :(

I continue to check multiple times a day and have not been successful. I have noticed, that they are now offering pre-arrival exclusive ones for $15, instead of the $10 ones originally announced

I gave up waiting for the one I want to show up, so I just ordered another plain one.

It's sad, but I've just decided to use a separate browser that never keeps any history/cache or anything for Disney. This has happened to me in every regular browser I've used for Disney, and it's difficult to fix once it's happened. I primarily use Chrome. I now have Firefox installed and configured to not store anything. This has worked for me so far to not get errors.

The best one I had was immediately after I booked my vacation. A few minutes later (after months of discussion and trying to get his input), my husband decided he wanted to get the QS dining plan. So, I cancelled the reservations and tried to rebook -- I knew there was still rooms available -- but in my regular browser, it was trying to tell me nothing was available at the same hotel for those dates, haha. Nice try, Disney. I had to book it in a different browser.

For such a huge company, their IT is awful. I guess as long as they're still making the money they want to make, there's no need to fix or change it.

This is frustrating as heck. I've tried to order a magic band on at least five different occasions now (and different bands), and it always tells me it's out of stock. Why is it even showing up in the availability if it's out of stock? Inventory control of that nature is BASIC shopping cart functionality. Like literally the most lobotimized shopping carts on the market usually can handle something as simple as don't show an item with a "0" inventory value. At this point I'm just about to say enough and order a solid color one. It's just not worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter