Upgrading 7-day tickets to annual passes help

Ken&Alissah

Earning My Ears
So we currently have a 7 day ticket trip planned for December around the holidays, staying off property. We are considering upgrading to the incredipass AP on the first day so that we get added perks like park hopping, discounts and parking throughout our vacation. My original thought was will we lose the park reservations for the last two days since the pass only allows for 5 park reservations? I just called WDW and the answer I got was ALL your park reservations will be canceled out and you will have to book all new ones. This puzzles me because if I did this then I would in fact not be able to make reservations for the last 2 days of the trip until the first two days are over since you can only make 5 on a rolling basis. Additionally before APs went on sale I called to confirm and was told that upgrading would not impact my existing reservations at all. Can someone please comment on what there experience has been in a scenario like this. I’m so confused and each time a inquire I get a different answer.
Thanks

I upgraded 7 day park hoppers to a AP Sorcerers Pass. I didn't lose park reservations I made but I think that was because I'm staying at a Disney Resort . I believe that's what the agent told me that since I was staying on property I wouldn't lose my park ressies.

My original thought was will we lose the park reservations for the last two days since the pass only allows for 5 park reservations?
This is what you should expect. I do not believe you will lose the 1st 5 days of reservations, but because you will not have an on-site resort tied to those dates your AP will not hold all 7 days of parks reservations. Could you upgrade on your 3rd day instead of on the 1st day? Maybe try to plan your more expensive meals and all souvenir shopping to be on the latter part of your visit so you can take advantage of the discounts.

you could also book a 1 night stay at a value resort (or campground if available), for the last 2 days so you don't loose the last 2 day's reservation.
but im not sure about the first 5 days TBH and if the CM was correct that your reservations will be removed. seems odd that it would do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter