• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrading a 4-day PH Military Ticket

ginny65

DIS Veteran
Can you upgrade a 4-day Park Hopper Military Ticket? If so, what are the restrictions? Can you upgrade to an anytime ticket? an Annual Pass? Can it be upgraded after using 1 day of the ticket?

Can you upgrade a 4-day Park Hopper Military Ticket? If so, what are the restrictions? Can you upgrade to an anytime ticket? an Annual Pass? Can it be upgraded after using 1 day of the ticket?

You can use it towards the purchase of a different ticket, but you only get the value paid. Not sure if it can be done after using it or not, but probably.

You can use it towards the purchase of a different ticket, but you only get the value paid. Not sure if it can be done after using it or not, but probably.
Thank you. I just am not sure we will be able to use all of the days now and I don't want to lose them so I was hoping to apply them towards a ticket to be used on a different stay.

Thank you. I just am not sure we will be able to use all of the days now and I don't want to lose them so I was hoping to apply them towards a ticket to be used on a different stay.

No, that can't be done. They aren't "upgradeable" in the usual sense. If you want an AP and you want to use the purchase price of this ticket towards that, I'm pretty sure you'll need to do that before you start using it.

@Robo do you know this one?

No, that can't be done. They aren't "upgradeable" in the usual sense. If you want an AP and you want to use the purchase price of this ticket towards that, I'm pretty sure you'll need to do that before you start using it.

@Robo do you know this one?
I don't know anything, anymore. ;)

Whatever USED to be true, may or may not be true in the near future.

Are you talking “Salute” tickets?
the plus is that you don’t need to use all days at once where a traditional ticket you need to use all the days within a 14 day period.
If you had two trips, one three days and one five days, you can use three days now and use the last day later buying another four day vs five

I had forgotten what dmband said about them not expiring within the year. If you have two trips planned from Jan to Dec 19 (or whatever that end date is) in one year, then you can use one ticket for two different stays. But that ticket does expire on the Dec date, so even if you have days left on it and go the next Jan, you can't use that ticket towards the purchase of another.

The more I think about it, if you use even one day of it, I'm pretty sure that makes it ineligible for use toward another ticket. If you've already purchased it and you're thinking now you may not use all the days within the year, then you can use it towards the purchase of an AP, but you're not saving any money. Using it to purchase any other ticket doesn't make sense, since those tickets expire within 14 days of use and you're already saying you might not use all the days of the Salute ticket.

No. Once the ticket has gone through the turnstiles, that’s it, it no longer has any cash value. Only unused tickets can be swapped/ upgraded.

we always lose a day on our tickets because I have to have a down day of vegging out somewhere in the trip( it’s just the two of us so we buy 4 tickets and use 2 each.)

Shades of Green is planning on offering upgrades to next year's tickets if/when those prices are released or to the regular discounted military MYW tickets now, and refunds under certain circumstances (PCS, deployment etc) but the tickets had to be purchased through them and be unused.

There is no official policy from Disney. I would keep checking through the end of the year, because they have extended the use window of the tickets in the past.

But, Disneyland has said that nothing has changed regarding military promotional ticket expiration on their website.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/travel-information/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter