Upgrading/annual pass/flex questions - plus rider size question

Equestrian

Earning My Ears
Hi! I’m new to the boards and mostly new to universal. I have been once, about 18 years ago, so with all the changes and updates it’s pretty much all new. I’m going at the end of March with a friend who has an annual pass, and am planning to return with her at least one more time within the next year, so the pass makes the most sense for me as well. I searched for most of these answers and found some helpful threads but if anyone can answer the following for me I’d greatly appreciate it!

1. I’m considering doing the flex pay option, but wasn’t sure if it was also an option to buy one of the other multi day park to park tickets now, and then upgrade to the pass at the parks...using the cost of the existing pass as the down payment and then pay off the rest with flex pay? Or are you only able to upgrade by paying the full remaining balance on the cost of the new pass?

2. If I order regular tickets or the passes online now, will they mail them to me? Or will I be printing them out?

3. Does anyone know if AAA offers discounts on annual passes? I tried looking on their website but you have to be a logged in member to do so, and I’m contemplating joining in a group deal with my mom dad and sister but haven’t yet.

4. I’m 5’6 and very proportional, but I’m larger than average. Im also an athlete so listing my weight won’t help as I have more muscle than fat in my legs and thighs, and I know the ride limitations are more from body shape than weight. I have a small chest so no worries there with the harnesses, but I’m worried that my thighs and calf’s are going to prevent me from riding a lot of things. I wear size XL tops, and 16-18 bottoms, but there’s nothing to “squish” to make myself fit in the rides better. Can anyone with similar shape/build/size to me comment on what rides they were able to do successfully and what rides they could not ride? Everyone else I’m going with (my friend and her friends) don’t have to worry about fitting on anything and id honestly rather just avoid a ride than find out (even in the test seat) that I won’t fit.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
I bought our tickets through AAA and they did offer annual passes. I can't remember exactly price, but maybe around $371 for 3 park seasonal pass. Plus tax. I bought 5 day 3 park, park to park passes for around $330 total each including tax. I plan to upgrade ours to annual passes when we get there.

And we'll have to print our tickets at a kiosk when we get to universal or our hotel. AAA didn't give me an option to get regular tickets. That's online though. Might be different at an office.

When are you planning to visit because some dates in March are blocked out for annual pass holders.
We are going March 23rd and March 24th and as you can see below, our dates are blocked out for annual pass holders, so I need to upgrade to a preferred pass in order to enter the parks for our two dates.
I am having difficulty attaching the link to Universal website so here's a cut and paste but you can check yourself by going into the Universal site, clicking annual pass holder tab at top of page and the clicking on black out dates on left side of next page.
If your dates are not there also be sure to check for concert dates scheduled on dates you want to go because even if not blacked out here on the schedule you can see that concert dates are also blacked out as to Islands of Adventure.

Seasonal Passholders are blocked out on the following dates:

Universal Studios Florida™
Jan. 1-3, 2018
Feb. 3, 10, 17-18, 24, 2018*
Mar. 3-4, 10-11, 17-18, 2018*
Mar. 23-31, 2018
Apr. 1-7, 2018
Jul. 1-31, 2018
Dec. 22-31, 2018

*Seasonal Passholders are blocked out of Universal Studios Florida™ on all concert dates and will only receive access to Universal's Islands of Adventure™.

Universal's Islands of Adventure™
Jan. 1-3, 2018
Mar. 23-31, 2018
Apr. 1-7, 2018
Jul. 1-31, 2018
Dec. 22-31, 2018

Universal's Volcano Bay™
Jul. 1-31, 2018

Please note, Volcano Bay™ blockout dates apply to 3-Park Passes only.

I am going during blackout dates, so I will be upgrading to either the preferred or premier passes. Was mostly wondering if you upgrade in the park if you can do it as flex pay or if you are required to pay the difference in full at the time of the upgrade.

End of March will have crowds

If you are staying at one of the three deluxe hotels, you’ll be fine with the free ep

If not, consider looking into the purchase of the ep

I know you are seeking info about the passes but since it has been 18 years since your last visit there crowds have grown during spring break times

I am going during blackout dates, so I will be upgrading to either the preferred or premier passes. Was mostly wondering if you upgrade in the park if you can do it as flex pay or if you are required to pay the difference in full at the time of the upgrade.

Someone reported not too long ago that you are required to pay the difference at the time of upgrade. The monthly payments stay the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter