Upgrading at DVC

xraydave

Geocachers: WeR4Disney
Maybe a stupid question but is there ever a chance of upgrading a reservation at check-in during non-peak times? Eg: Studio to one bedroom

You have to realize that DVC is geared to operate at nearly 100% occupancy...even during not-so-peak periods. It is extremely unlikely that they would be able to upgrade you, even if they wanted to. The only upgrades I've heard of were on cash ressies (and those are very rare), not points.

If you mean a free upgrade no, but I am sure they can change your reservation at check in and use more points for you to get a one bedroom if one open.

OK, OK I said it was probably a stupid question. I understand what you all are saying. I just like to find a bargain if it can be had. Renting points has already turned out to be a GREAT bargain for our trip. Thanks for the responses.

1) Only in dire circumstances will points be upgraded.
2) You would be sent to any other DVC before an upgrade.
3) You would be sent to a deluxe resort before an upgrade.
4) If you can see - the point is to NOT upgrade points.
5) Even if they could, it woudl be a terrible precident.
6) Too many others would look for upgrades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter