Upgrading MYW tickets

jmangum100

Earning My Ears
We are going to be at Disney World in the first week of June and have purchased six 5 day tickets. I want to know how much it generally costs if I want to upgrade 2 more days for each ticket. We will be there longer than originally planned and it would be great to add some days :cool1:

About $8 a day per ticket. However, you have to use your existing ticket at least once before upgrading. So after your first use, you can go to any Guest Services or to your front desk at your hotel (if you are staying on site) and they will be able to do it for you. Have a great time.

About $8 a day per ticket.

However, you have to use your existing ticket at least once before upgrading.

That's not necessarily true.

That is only something that should be done if the tickets were purchased from a discounter, or if there has been a price increase since the tickets were first obtained.

But, it can't HURT to use a ticket to enter a Theme Park before upgrading, so that's not a major concern.

That's not necessarily true.

That is only required if the tickets were purchased from a discounter, or if there has been a price increase since the tickets were first obtained.

Thanks for the clarification...when we upgraded our tickets that is what the CM told us we had to do (this was a few years ago). We had bought the tickets through Disney and they were the current price as what we paid for them....I guess the CM was wrong :(.

Thanks for the clarification...when we upgraded our tickets that is what the CM told us we had to do (this was a few years ago). We had bought the tickets through Disney and they were the current price as what we paid for them....I guess the CM was wrong :(.

Yup.

Again, it can't HURT to use a ticket to enter a Theme Park (I'm being very specific) before upgrading,
under many circumstances it is not necessary.

Just to further clarify as well, its not necessary to use any Magic Your Way tickets before upgrading them. You will receive the full gate price credit for them towards an upgrade regardless of where they were purchased or if there's been a price increase since their purchase. That said, there is typically no gate price equivalent for non-MYW tickets, so (with a few exceptions) those are generally not upgradeable.

Just to further clarify as well,

1- its not necessary to use any Magic Your Way tickets before upgrading them.

2- You will receive the full gate price credit for them towards an upgrade regardless of where they were purchased or if there's been a price increase since their purchase.

That said,

3- there is typically no gate price equivalent for non-MYW tickets, so (with a few exceptions) those are generally not upgradeable.

1- Sorry, but that's not correct.

2- While that is POSSIBLE (if the CM chooses to ignore some factors in the upgrade,)
it is not generally true.

3- Agreed. Zero "paid value" from which to "upgrade."

Just to further clarify as well, its not necessary to use any Magic Your Way tickets before upgrading them. You will receive the full gate price credit for them towards an upgrade regardless of where they were purchased or if there's been a price increase since their purchase. That said, there is typically no gate price equivalent for non-MYW tickets, so (with a few exceptions) those are generally not upgradeable.

This is 100% false. If you purchased the ticket at less than gate price and you upgrade before use, you will have to pay the FULL difference between what Disney sold the ticket for and the current gate price of the ticket you want to upgrade to.

Thank you all for your replies. I think it would be best just to use the tickets once and then upgrade to more days. I think we got the tickets from Undercover Tourist or something, but they should be upgradeable. Can't wait :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter