• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrading regular ticket to gold pass

So I am blue card, I have a 4 day ticket now, never been an AP before… when they bring AP back and MAYBE bring the DVC discount back, who do I call to upgrade? MS or general ticketing?

To get the DVC pass, you have to call MS but I do not think they have the ability to apply the ticket. We have always done it in person at GS when we arrive at the park.

So I am blue card, I have a 4 day ticket now, never been an AP before… when they bring AP back and MAYBE bring the DVC discount back, who do I call to upgrade? MS or general ticketing?
Call MS. General ticketing can’t verify your membership over the phone, so for DVC Gold APs, new or renewal, you have to call. I’m not sure about upgrading, though - that might have to be done in person.

ETA- didn’t see Sandi’s post! Seems we agree that upgrades need to be done in person!

To get the DVC pass, you have to call MS but I do not think they have the ability to apply the ticket. We have always done it in person at GS when we arrive at the park.

ok, no prob. Will GS be able to give me the DVC discount, assuming it comes back?

We have a trip coming up in November and have at least one family member for whom I have not been able to get the gold pass for (they didn’t have a pass canceled in 2020). Can I purchase a regular park hopper pass and if we can’t get to guest services on day 1 or day 2 of our trip, still go to GS mid trip and upgrade?

We have a trip coming up in November and have at least one family member for whom I have not been able to get the gold pass for (they didn’t have a pass canceled in 2020). Can I purchase a regular park hopper pass and if we can’t get to guest services on day 1 or day 2 of our trip, still go to GS mid trip and upgrade?

As long as you upgrade before last day of use, that’s not a problem. This assumes there are no changes to upgrading tickets which I don’t think there will be.

I have a question that I hope someone can help. I bought a 4 day ticket from ****** (website filtered) for a trip last year that obviously didn't happen. I have the hard ticket and never put it on MDE. The tickets were dated and expire this September. When AP's resume, I want to apply the ticket to an AP (Platinum). Should I go ahead and add the tickets to MDE before the expiration date or just wait it out. Does anyone one know if I will be able to upgrade the tickets online or via calling or am I going to have to wait to do it person (next trip isn't until April).

Removed reference to business as it’s filtered.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have a question that I hope someone can help. I bought a 4 day ticket from ****** (website filtered) for a trip last year that obviously didn't happen. I have the hard ticket and never put it on MDE. The tickets were dated and expire this September. When AP's resume, I want to apply the ticket to an AP (Platinum). Should I go ahead and add the tickets to MDE before the expiration date or just wait it out. Does anyone one know if I will be able to upgrade the tickets online or via calling or am I going to have to wait to do it person (next trip isn't until April).

Removed reference to business as it’s filtered.

You may have trouble upgrading online. If it is a DVC gold pass you want, t will need to be done in person because I do not think that Ms has the ability to credit you for the ticket.

I would hold off entering anything until sales start because once entered, it will disappear once it expires. While APs should be back in time, there is no rush until we have a date.

You may have trouble upgrading online. If it is a DVC gold pass you want, t will need to be done in person because I do not think that Ms has the ability to credit you for the ticket.

I would hold off entering anything until sales start because once entered, it will disappear once it expires. While APs should be back in time, there is no rush until we have a date.
To upgrade in person, is it guest services I want to go to or a ticket booth outside the parks?

Any chance I'd be
DVC had a discounted price on the platinum plus. You can only upgrade a ticket to DVC AP at guest services. MS can not do that by phone.

In the past, people have been successful in upgrading during a blackout at the end of trip…last park day…to Gold.

We're scheduled for Christmas time and have our tickets so that parks could be reserved.

It sounds like we won't be able to upgrade to AP's until we get there so we may have to ask about getting a gold pass. I'm perfectly fine paying for platinum but getting gold at the end of the trip would be a big savings.

Any chance I'd be

We're scheduled for Christmas time and have our tickets so that parks could be reserved.

It sounds like we won't be able to upgrade to AP's until we get there so we may have to ask about getting a gold pass. I'm perfectly fine paying for platinum but getting gold at the end of the trip would be a big savings.

I upgraded our son’s PH to DVC Gold at the end of our 2020 Christmas trip (Dec 29).

I have a December trip, already have a 4 day ticket. I was hoping to turn it into an AP, BUT…

I also have a January trip, but if I can’t upgrade my tickets to an AP until I go in December, I’m worried I’ll miss out on the park reservations I want for my second trip by waiting too long. Is there anything I can do? If I buy another 4 day ticket for January, can I combine the two ticket costs to cover the AP? I’ll have spent more than an AP would cost if that’s possible, Would I get a refund for the difference?

I have a December trip, already have a 4 day ticket. I was hoping to turn it into an AP, BUT…

I also have a January trip, but if I can’t upgrade my tickets to an AP until I go in December, I’m worried I’ll miss out on the park reservations I want for my second trip by waiting too long. Is there anything I can do? If I buy another 4 day ticket for January, can I combine the two ticket costs to cover the AP? I’ll have spent more than an AP would cost if that’s possible, Would I get a refund for the difference?
Only one ticket may be applied to an upgrade. AFAIK, that is still the rule. I know it is stressful if you can't get park reservations right away. FWIW, I do not think you are going to have trouble getting those after you upgrade in December. Other than 10/1, there really haven't been problems getting those until just a week or so prior. Keeping fingers crossed for you - and everyone else who wants an AP and is anxiously waiting for them to go on sale.

Keep an eye on the boards. Maybe once the APs go on sale, they will allow upgrades to be made over the phone. You never know.

They will not apply the value of more than one ticket. But you can save it for a future trip or the renewal of your AP next year.

Once sales actually start, maybe just call ticketing to see if they are doing an special phone upgrades because of the suspension of APs.

But you can save it for a future trip or the renewal of your AP next year.

I know you could apply it to a future trip or upgrade it to a new AP, but I didn't know you could apply it to the renewal of an AP. Is that confirmed?

I know you could apply it to a future trip or upgrade it to a new AP, but I didn't know you could apply it to the renewal of an AP. Is that confirmed?

dont you have to pick a start date for the tickets tho? Wouldn’t it expire before renewal?

Even if the tickets expired, they can be used to apply to a higher priced ticket

Exactly, so what I was wondering if the AP Renewal would count as a new higher priced ticket to which the expired tickets can be applied. Or if it would be considered an extension or another category where it might not be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter