Upgrading to Annual Pass from Park Savers Tickets

jamieann

Mouseketeer
I'm interested in upgrading to an annual pass from a ticket I purchased from Park Savers. It's a 7 day ticket that I got for the price of a 4 day ticket. I think I remember reading somewhere that Disney will know how much I paid for it and I will have to pay the full difference for the annual pass. Is that correct?

I paid $370 for the ticket so will I have to pay $380 to upgrade to a platinum pass?

I'm not sure if things have changed. We did this a few years ago. I used the ticket to get into the park, which bridged the ticket to the current price. I only paid the difference between the 7 day ticket and the AP. That was about 3 year ago so things could have changed.

I'm not sure if things have changed. We did this a few years ago.

1. I used the ticket to get into the park, which bridged the ticket to the current price.

2. I only paid the difference between the 7 day ticket and the AP.
3. That was about 3 year ago so things could have changed.

1. No need to do so, but you CAN, if you like, upgrade after you've started using the ticket.
No difference in upgrade price.

2. That's correct.
3. Nothing has changed.

I'm interested in upgrading to an annual pass from a ticket I purchased from Park Savers. It's a 7 day ticket that I got for the price of a 4 day ticket. I think I remember reading somewhere that Disney will know how much I paid for it and I will have to pay the full difference for the annual pass. Is that correct?

I paid $370 for the ticket so will I have to pay $380 to upgrade to a platinum pass?

Rule of ticket upgrades:
Look at the current FULL DISNEY price of the ticket that you HAVE.
Subtract that from the FULL DISNEY price of the ticket that you WANT.

Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

(It does not matter at all what you PAID for the discounted ticket.)

We are planning on upgrading my son's 4 Day PH ticket we purchased through Park Savers to an AP. My wife and I upgraded ours which was purchased through UT at Guest Relations inside MK and we had a VERY difficult time getting the correct price.

Anyone have an option on a go-to place that may be better? We are actually going to be there on Thanksgiving day but not going into the parks that day so I was thinking maybe Disney Springs right when they first open?

We are planning on upgrading my son's 4 Day PH ticket we purchased through Park Savers to an AP. My wife and I upgraded ours which was purchased through UT at Guest Relations inside MK and we had a VERY difficult time getting the correct price.

Anyone have an option on a go-to place that may be better? We are actually going to be there on Thanksgiving day but not going into the parks that day so I was thinking maybe Disney Springs right when they first open?
Nope, no one spot is sure to have someone who knows what they are doing and no one spot is a bad choice. It's luck of the draw. We've upgraded PS tickets at AK ticket counter (twice) and Epcot Guest Services (outside main gate) and all went off without a hitch.

Nope, no one spot is sure to have someone who knows what they are doing and no one spot is a bad choice. It's luck of the draw. We've upgraded PS tickets at AK ticket counter (twice) and Epcot Guest Services (outside main gate) and all went off without a hitch.
Angi is pretty much spot on here, but I'll give one caveat. At Guest Relations *inside* Epcot, a number of the host(esse)s are part of the International Program. As such, they tend to be less experienced than other ticketing agents, and as such may be less experienced at some of the finer points. This may increase the chances of having difficulty with the upgrade process on a discounted ticket.
This doesn't mean that you *won't* have a smooth transaction here, just that your chances of such are a bit higher. (Full disclosure - this is the only place I ever had difficulty with the upgrade, and it was with a charming, exceedingly polite young lady from France. She just didn't have all the training and/or experience. Once her lead walked her through the process, I assume she never had the problem again.)

Angi is pretty much spot on here, but I'll give one caveat. At Guest Relations *inside* Epcot, a number of the host(esse)s are part of the International Program. As such, they tend to be less experienced than other ticketing agents, and as such may be less experienced at some of the finer points. This may increase the chances of having difficulty with the upgrade process on a discounted ticket.
This doesn't mean that you *won't* have a smooth transaction here, just that your chances of such are a bit higher. (Full disclosure - this is the only place I ever had difficulty with the upgrade, and it was with a charming, exceedingly polite young lady from France. She just didn't have all the training and/or experience. Once her lead walked her through the process, I assume she never had the problem again.)
Good point. In addition, you may have a small bit of a language, or more specifically, an accent barrier to get past. I tend to do well with understanding accents, my mother, not so much. Something to consider.

I upgraded my Park Saver ticket at GR in Epcot near Spaceship Earth. I swear I was in and out in 10 minutes.

I upgraded my Park Saver ticket at GR in Epcot near Spaceship Earth. I swear I was in and out in 10 minutes.
Absolutely. Let me say again - I'm not claiming that no one there knows what they're doing regarding upgrades, only that I have reason to believe that the chances of having a problem are higher there.

Thanks for the info. It was a big problem last time. Even the CM's supervisor said it was impossible to do but we all know differently. They made an *Exeption to the rule for us. Fingers crossed we get an experienced CM at this.

anybody have any experience upgrading at Disney Springs ?

Many, many reports of positive ticket purchases and upgrades being done there.
Should be just fine.

But, again, ALL ticketing locations are subject to "luck-of-the-draw" staffing.
If you encounter a problem, and a manager can't or won't help, simply politely decline the offer, and go elsewhere or return at a different time.
That cannot be over emphasized.

So I know you don't have to upgrade after you've already used the first day, and can do so before using the ticket. I'm arriving on a Friday and my first park day is Saturday. Can I upgrade on Friday when I'm at DS and it won't activate/start counting days until I use it on Saturday?

So I know you don't have to upgrade after you've already used the first day, and can do so before using the ticket. I'm arriving on a Friday and my first park day is Saturday. Can I upgrade on Friday when I'm at DS and it won't activate/start counting days until I use it on Saturday?
When you do the upgrade to AP, your AP will "start ticking" that same day.
(It is not based on when you USE it.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter