• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrading to AP with increase of tickets today

Last month I purchased two 4-day PHs from Disney's website. If I upgrade them to APs in April, they won't price bridge to the current price of a 4-day PH ticket after first use to determine trade-in value?

Tickets purchased from the Disney website are not price-bridged.
You can upgrade them, but you will only get what you actually originally paid for those tickets in the upgrade transaction.

Tickets purchased from the Disney website are not price-bridged.
You can upgrade them, but you will only get what you actually originally paid for those tickets in the upgrade transaction.

Thank you, Robo.

So if I plan to upgrade to an AP, there's no benefit for me to wait to use it first, and I should go ahead and upgrade now?

Thank you, Robo.

So if I plan to upgrade to an AP, there's no benefit for me to wait to use it first, and I should go ahead and upgrade now?

Correct.
(Although there will be no downside to using the ticket to enter a theme park before upgrading.)

What about if you're buying a ticket from undercover tourist or tickets at work? I was planning on getting a 7 day PH which is $403 with tax, and upgrading to the AP for DVC and its $549 +tax, would they bridge the PH up to the current price?

What about if you're buying a ticket from undercover tourist or tickets at work? I was planning on getting a 7 day PH which is $403 with tax, and upgrading to the AP for DVC and its $549 +tax, would they bridge the PH up to the current price?
Yes.

The Disney Vacation Club annual pass (not sure whether it is also called Platinum) is a separately priced product as opposed to a Platinum pass from which a discount is manually subtracted.. If you qualify (if you are a DVC member) you may upgrade a partially used ticket from a non-Disney source e.g. Undercover Tourist and bridging (another manual step) is proper and correct.

There are a few situations when the value of the submitted ticket after bridging is greater than the price of the target ticket e.g. DVCAP. The policy is that an upgrade is still possible but that no change is returned.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter