Upgrading to infinity 2.0 NEED HELP

momto3inND

Earning My Ears
We currently have infinity 1.0 for Wii. We are thinking of trading in our old wii for a Wii U so we can get infinity 2.0. My question is this -- my kids LOVE the pirates of the Caribbean Play Set; will they be able to access that playset on the new 2.0 version?? I know the figures will work but if we can't access that play set, it might not be worth the trouble of upgrading.

It might be worth checking to see if your 1.0 disc is playable on the WiiU...I don't own one, but have heard that many Wii games are playable on the WiiU...in that case, they would just need to pop the original game into the system. Or there could even be a downloadable version of 1.0 for the WiiU that is cheaper than buying the starter set for it on the WiiU.

Wii games will play on the Wii U. The 1.0 will still play on the Wii U and you would get an extra base out of it. My kids have a Wii U and both 1.0 and 2.0. No problems working with either one.

2.0 figures will only work with 2.o and same with 1.0, though.

I just bought a Wii U. I love that Disney gives me 1.0 for free. It looks so much better than it did on the Wii. I'm not even going to bring over my old data. I want to play it from the beginning again!

I have a couple of problems though. I have several Disney.com accounts and when I log into the Disney Inifinity site, none of those accounts have the physical toys that I purchased and registered previously. Should I pick one and try to re-enter the codes from the cards again? Is there a way to clean up my Disney account mess and combine them all into one?

My base from the Wii works fine so I don't need a new starter set for the Disney Inifinity 2.0. But, I've seen the starter sets on sale for $50 or less. The digital download of 2.0 is $30 and a play set is $35. It seems like better value is to just buy another starter set. I'll have a disk so that I don't take up all my system memory with the 2.0 download and I'll just have to store the extra base somewhere as a backup. Is there a better entry point to Infinity 2.0 from where I'm at?

Talk to me about character sharing. The description on the Infinity site is confusing. Can we all share a figure and level it up individually or is it better for everyone in the house to have their own copy if there is a character that more than one person wants to play?

Do I need to scoop up 1.0 characters and disks before they are gone? Are they "retired" and out of production at this point?

I think that's all of my questions for now. Thanks in advance!

So I've been experimenting and can answer some of my own questions now.

I found my Disney.com account that I had previously used for Disney Infinity. The toys I registered previous show up on the account page under 'Redemption History."

I found the Marvel Heroes Starter Kit online for $45. It seems like a no-brainer for three figures, one play set and the 2.0 disk. I'll just store the extra base.

Everyone in my household now has permission to play every character in 1.0 as long as they remember to "take ownership" when they start playing. We all get to level the figure up and have it in our Hall of Heroes. I'll test the "Share Ownership" option in 2.0 when my starter kit arrives. The figures that my girls consider "theirs" they get to redeem the web code in their online accounts so they can have those characters in the iOS version of the game.

I'm buying 1.0 figures and play sets when I find them on sale (the Toy Story play set is $22 at Amazon). Even if they are not out of production, store inventories of those items are falling. I'm not too worried about collecting all of the disks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter