Upscale restaurant near Aulani?

WaDiWo

WDWFan!
Hi all!

Now that Ama-ama is closed (and reopening unclear), do you have any recommendations for upscale(ish) restaurants near Aulani? preferably walkable? We made reservations for Mina's Fish House next door at the Four Seasons as we heard good things about them. And yes we will eat at Monkeypod kitchen which we love. But we're looking for a nice dinner nearby, if you know of any. Thanks!

Mina's Fish House in the Four Seasons. Its very popular so you will need to get a reservation. We went last week during happy hour and for a family of three we slapped down about 360 so it aint cheap. As far as Monkey Pod I think it's way over rated. The only think that its good for is Mai Tais. The Aulani Off the Hook was way better.

The cafe / restaurant at the four seasons, La Hiki, is really good too. For what it’s worth, we’ve never had a good meal at Roy’s that we felt justified the price, and on the last occasion had to send a plate back because it was undercooked. Service just ok. There’s also no view because its situated on a golf course which is not lit at night, so it’s kind of like you’re sitting in a dated clubhouse building in the middle of a big black void.

We originally went because everyone raves about it, but now when we go it’s a hard pass.

Roy’s in Hawaii Kai is a must do restaurant - Roy lives nearby and there’s always been a better attention to detail there. Fantastic location, with beautiful views. The other Roy’s tend to be hit or miss.

Roy's is one of my family's must-dos every trip to Aulani.

My wife and I had a special date night dinner at Noe at the Four Seasons and had such a bad experience that we won't be eating at any of the restaurants there in the future. Let's just say start to finish it was not up to the standards of fine dining.

Roy’s in Hawaii Kai is a must do restaurant - Roy lives nearby and there’s always been a better attention to detail there. Fantastic location, with beautiful views. The other Roy’s tend to be hit or miss.
Roy’s a must do? Couldn’t disagree more. We actually gave this place a chance twice, but each time the service and food were both overpriced and mediocre. The last time my wife had to send her steak back because it was tough and over cooked, but we had to wait ten minutes for the waiter to even show up.

The location is bland, an old clubhouse building on the golf course, and at night, there is no view whatsoever. Repeat, no view whatsoever. Nada. Zilch. With the golf course not being lit, it’s just pure darkness, outer space darkness. It’s an odd sensation to sit outside and look into pure, dark nothingness.

Are you thinking more for drinks and appetizers in the afternoon? Or could you possibly be thinking of another Roy’s restaurant, since it’s a chain? My advice to anyone who asks would be to pass on Roy’s and go to Mina’s twice, or someplace fun in Waikiki.

Roy’s a must do? Couldn’t disagree more. We actually gave this place a chance twice, but each time the service and food were both overpriced and mediocre. The last time my wife had to send her steak back because it was tough and over cooked, but we had to wait ten minutes for the waiter to even show up.

The location is bland, an old clubhouse building on the golf course, and at night, there is no view whatsoever. Repeat, no view whatsoever. Nada. Zilch. With the golf course not being lit, it’s just pure darkness, outer space darkness. It’s an odd sensation to sit outside and look into pure, dark nothingness.

Are you thinking more for drinks and appetizers in the afternoon? Or could you possibly be thinking of another Roy’s restaurant, since it’s a chain? My advice to anyone who asks would be to pass on Roy’s and go to Mina’s twice, or someplace fun in Waikiki.
Ummmm…. I actually did say “Roy’s in Hawaii Kai is a must do…”. 😁

Please re-read my post. The other locations are hit or miss, but the Hawaii Kai location is usually better, and overlooks the ocean instead of a golf course. Roy lives near that location and that’s where he goes for special events. Of course at night, the ocean isn’t lit up either! 🤣

Ummmm…. I actually did say “Roy’s in Hawaii Kai is a must do…”. 😁

Please re-read my post. The other locations are hit or miss, but the Hawaii Kai location is usually better, and overlooks the ocean instead of a golf course. Roy lives near that location and that’s where he goes for special events. Of course at night, the ocean isn’t lit up either! 🤣
Definitely should have read your post more closely…my mistake! I’ve only been to the Ko Olina location, which for us was a strong miss, but sounds like the Roy’s in Hawaii Kai is the one to visit.

Definitely should have read your post more closely…my mistake! I’ve only been to the Ko Olina location, which for us was a strong miss, but sounds like the Roy’s in Hawaii Kai is the one to visit.
I haven’t been to the Ko Olina location. Many of his restaurants suffer from that chain restaurant feel. The Waikiki location is sometimes good, sometimes just okay. But Hawaii Kai is usually a very different story. 👍

We stayed at Aulani over Christmas 2019, and the best meal we had was at Noe ar the Four Seasons next door. Amazingly good, wonderful outdoor setting, very expensive, but worth it.

We have been to Roy’s across from aulani twice. Disappointed both times. We like the four seasons restaurants although they are quite pricey. We also like the Marriott down the walkway for Longhi. And if you have a car or are willing to take an Uber we have never been disappointed by Assagio in Kapolei.

There’s a restaurant in the Embassy Suites in Kapolei called Spriggs. Have never been but it gets good reviews, we like the menu, and the pics look nice. We’ll be at Aulani in a couple weeks and will give it a try…Assagio too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter