Upset about AP and TDS (long)

bunnyfoo

<font color=red>It's Monday and my mind was somewh
I was so excited this morning when I got a call from TDS saying my APs were in. I went in and everything seemed normal... except when she rang them in and they came up as $617.13 each :eek: I asked her if she needed my DC card and she said that they couldn't take the discount off anymore because the passes had already been ordered. :mad:

I was pretty upset and I told the manager that I had given my DC # when I ordered the passes... She said she'd make some calls to see what she could do... I waited for an hour at the store and when she was done she said that I would have to pay for the passes in full now and ask for a refund of the difference when I exchanged them for real passes.

She thought maybe the other CM had written down the DC # without actually identifying that I was ordering the passes with a discount. She told me that if it isn't clearly written down that the customer is ordering the passes with the DC, then they just order the passes normally. I told her that I wouldn't be ordering the passes at the store in the future.

Sorry for the rant but I thought I warn anyone else who was ordering APs to make sure that the CM notes they are ordering them with a DC discount. I expect I'll have to go through the same procedure again when I get to WDW ... so I don't even know if its worth it to ask for the difference back. :(

Wow! That stinks. Why couldn't they rectify the situation for you. I think that trying to get the money back when you exchange them is going to be even more of a hassle.:( Is there someone else at the store that you can talk to about this?

Actually, it was the manager that was on the phone with Disney. She explained that it was the UPC on the passes that was bringing up the prices. I should have said something more then, but I was so tired after standing around for an hour... :( Actually, I probably should have just left the tickets there.

I'm going to call Disney on tomorrow to make sure that what the manager told me is true. This might be one of those letter writing situations... Although, I don't know if that will do me any good at this point :(

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. Maybe there's a district manager for the TDS that you could contact. I would try and get it rectified here. Please let us know what happens.

I called CRO just this morning just to verify what the manager said was true... They sort of laughed and said no this wasn't something I could do because (1) the passes were sold in Canadian funds and (2) they consider the Disney Store to be a separate entity (or company, I guess). She spoke with some at the park just to verify and they said that they could not give me a refund of the difference.

She suggested that I take the passes back to the store and ask for a refund and said if they wouldn't give it to me that I put a stop payment on my credit card. TDS took it back the passes without any questions but the CM kind of looked at me funny... I guess I won't be going back to that store again *lol*

Oh well, I guess I'll be purchasing the passes at the airport :rolleyes: I wish they had just ordered them properly in the first place. What a mess! I'm just glad that I won't be going through that whole ordeal again when I arrive at Disney.

We were at WDW in March and bought our AP's at the MK. They cost 1792.Can for 3.Is there a service charge if you buy them at the store?

Originally posted by eleanor
We were at WDW in March and bought our AP's at the MK. They cost 1792.Can for 3.Is there a service charge if you buy them at the store?

There were no service charges... you just have to order them ahead of time. My advice is to do it well ahead of time, just in case something happens and if you have a Disney Club membership, make sure they write down the number and what that number is suppose to be used for :rolleyes:

bunnyfoo, whenever I order passes, I watch carefully as they look up the order code in their book. At the top, it has always clearly stated Disney Club Discount. I always check, doublecheck, and make them do the same. Paranoid, I know, but I do want my discount that is coming to me. I'm so sorry that you had this trouble. This year, I ordered PHP passes from Paramount and I was delighted with their quick service (even with a $30 shipping cost, it was the best deal around!).

Originally posted by eleanor
The cost of our APs was 597.34 each. I wondered why yours cost more.

They ordered the wrong passes and didn't apply the DC discount.

Bunnyfoo order from Paramount before your trip. You stilll have plenty of time to recieve them and the character breakfast is still being offered with the 7 day pass.

They did this when we ordered our AP's!! Dh drove an hour to our closest Disney store to pick them up, he was not impressed! They didn't ask him to pay for them, but it was a hassle for them, not us, it was there problem to fix. We did get the proper passes but it took 3 trips to Hamilton.

Hmmm,

The last time I wanted a new AP (November) I just called CRO... using the 1-800 number... gave them my DC number... asked for the total that would be applied to my VISA and the voucher was at my house about five days later. Charged correctly.

Maybe this is the way to go?

Hi hockey mom! Does Paramount sell APs? I couldn't find their website... I think I might also look into the CRO option too and give them a call later today.

Sorry, I should have read better, I thought you were talking abut a 7 day pass. I don't think they sell AP's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter