• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-board to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*****URGENT******PLEASE READ if you plan to attend the DISmeet this Sunday at Shell

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
YIKES! UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! I just called the Shell Info Centre, the location of our DISmeet. I asked them WHY the plast couple weekends I've been there and the doors to the upstairs are LOCKED. They didn't know WHAT I was talking about. Then they hung up! I called back and the guy said that the upstairs food court is CLOSED on the weekends! He said they are only open on during the week. WELL! I was there a couple of weeks ago during the week and it was closed then too! I have been getting so many different answers from everyone there it's frustrating. So here is the thing. We can still meet there, but we would have to sit on the main level where it's noisy and possible we don't get seats together (although I think we could get seats in the back near Wendy's). Or we can change location? I will put my thinking cap on. What do you think? S

OH Sandra, that's so disappointing! It's such a perfect location!

I just counted how many there will be of us ~ there's 24 on the list if everyone comes, (including Canadave(4) and CdnDisneyNut who have posted they'd like to come). That's probably about 6 or 7 tables, at tables of 4 chairs, depending who sits with who. Do you think that would be okay in the back area of Wendy's?

I don't really know what else to suggest because I don't know the area at all or how busy it will be on Sunday afternoon, especially this time of year when people aren't travelling so much. Maybe we could ask the manager there on Sunday if he could possibly open upstairs up if it's very busy??

Oh, I guess the other possibility would be the food court at Square One.

Though, 1pm could be busy anywhere, since it's lunchtime.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I feel think Pooh ~ think, think...think, think!

I thought about Square One as well. It's a nice location because of the Disney Store. I think the Tim Horton's opens at 11:30am in the food court (which is directly across from Disney Store). We have been at that time of day and it's fairly dead. The stores and the rest of the food court open at 12pm. It's still not too bad that time of day, but starts getting very busy later in the afternoon. I don't go near Square One of Saturdays, it's a zoo! That is an option.

OPTION ONE: Remain at Shell Info Centre, hope that they will open the upstairs, if not, we can get tables near Wendy's.

OPTION TWO: Move location to Square One food court at 11:30am.

What do you think? I am very dissapointed with this. Especially the way I was talked to by the management. It will work out. Locations other than Mississauga is an option too. What do you think? S

PS: This is the telephone number I called about the Shell Info Centre, 905-819-2400

We wouldn't be able to make it for 11.30 at Square One. I wonder if they'd be willing to open it upstairs for us since there will be so many of us.

I wondered the same thing, Kathy. We could say we're a "tour" group! ;)

I think we should keep to somewhere where there is lots of seating so there is less chance of being asked to leave. Of course if we continue to buy food they can't really say anything, can they?

I know a good place in Brockville if you want to move the meet :p

I hope things work out for the meet guys!

What is the weather forcast for Sunday? We could have the meet outside at the picnic area at the Shell station if the weather is nice.

What do you say we keep it the way it is 1pm at Shell Info Centre. If you can get upstairs, that's where we will be. If not, stay on the main level and go to the far back corner near Wendy's. It faces that picnic area. I think Sunday is chilly. That is where we have been having our coffees lately. It's not nearly as nice as upstairs, but it's the best they offer on the main floor. I'll ask them to open the upstairs when I get there. I'll try to get there about 12:45pm. Chat soon! S

Thanks Sandra! I just checked the weather forecast for Sunday ~ mainly sunny with a high of 18C and 10% pop. I guess we can play it by ear as far as going outside if the upstairs isn't open.

See you all Sunday afternoon! :)

Sounds good to me! See you all then!

Shell info centre at 1 sounds good to us, although Deb and DD wouldn't object to Square One and a little Disney Store shopping. LOL. Looking forward to it.
Tony

Uh oh.....this is looking doubtful for DH and I. We're needed to go pick up my niece on Sunday from her first weekend Girl Guide camp, at 11:00. It's an hour drive there, and then an hour drive home.

We'll have to see how it goes. If we can make it, whereabouts in Mississauga is this Shell info centre?

Kim

Hope you will be able to make it Kim!

The location of the Shell Info Centre is on the 401 EASTBOUND side between Winston Churchill Blvd and Erin Mills Parkway exits.

I copied this from an ealier post of Sandra's:

SHELL INFO CENTRE is the first REST STOP immediately after Winston Churchill Blvd (exit 333). It's less than one km from exit 333 on HWY 401 EASTBOUND on the right.

Going on the 401 WESTBOUND is a bit more tricky. There isn't an exit to the Shell Info Centre from westbound so you'll have to take the exit 333 Winston Churchill cut off, drive over the overpass to get back onto 401 EASTBOUND then exit right away to SHELL INFO CENTRE.

Thank you very much Julie! :) I'm still unsure as to whether or not we'll be able to make it. If we don't, have a great time everyone! :)

Kim :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter