use online check-in?

ljf398

Earning My Ears
We are about 2 weeks out from arrival. We wont be arriving until after 8pm. I wanted to put in a request for a "quieter" room (top floor, landscape view) - we are just at all -stars. Question is do I do online check in or not? I've heard things saying both ways. Saying not doing online and talking to the counter check in gives you a better chance to get a better room - but worried where it's evening arrival if I wait pickings will be slim? Any opinions?

We have had great luck getting our room requests by having them noted on our reservation (by calling the central reservations call center) and doing online checkin, even with a late arrival. While others have posted that the online will negate the called in requests, we feel that room assignors will see all of the requests made, regardless of method used. We find doing online checkin to be a convenient way of saving a little time when we get there so they already have a credit card on file, and see no adverse affect on getting our requests.

We are about 2 weeks out from arrival. We wont be arriving until after 8pm. I wanted to put in a request for a "quieter" room (top floor, landscape view) - we are just at all -stars. Question is do I do online check in or not? I've heard things saying both ways. Saying not doing online and talking to the counter check in gives you a better chance to get a better room - but worried where it's evening arrival if I wait pickings will be slim? Any opinions?

Whether you do online check in or not rooms are assigned 2-3 days out. So it's not like the CM at the Check in desk will be picking your room when you arrive, your room will have already been assigned. There is no down side to online check in. I would call the main reservation line and add those requests to your reservation. If you do decide to do online check in just skip the room request section. This is what we always do as the choices during online check in are predetermined and are not what we want to request.

So if we are coming in the evening would it be best to do online check in? I only requested upper floor for French Quarter.

Not sure if I should put down a specific building.

I would do online check in. It will not allow you to request specific room. You can call and add a request to your room. IMO French Qtr is fairly quiet no matter where you are

ok thanks. I will do that and not worry about a specific room!
I hate to request too much.

What kind of special request yiu usual ask? We plan to stay in GF with lagoon view....

What kind of special request yiu usual ask? We plan to stay in GF with lagoon view....

It depends what you like. Some people like upper floors for good views while some like 1st floor for easy access and no elevator/stairs. Some like close to the lobby for convenience while others like far from lobby for quiet. Those are some of the things people request. Along with things like close to elevator, not near smoking section, full balcony, etc.

Really I don't even think we will be in the room much this time. I go back and forth but I think just upper floor request is good for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter