Used an awesome National code for my April trip!

Thanks Gina! I'm heading home to Canada for the holidays - what part do you hail from? I am originally from Ottawa!

Thanks Gina! I'm heading home to Canada for the holidays - what part do you hail from? I am originally from Ottawa!

We're in south eastern Ontario, a little less than an hour west of Kingston. :)

Have a safe trip "home"! The weather here is atrocious......worst Christmas weather I have seen in a LONG time :headache: .

We got an awsome deal with car rental savers, got luxury(we ususally get a mid or full size) $261. taxes in. It is with Enterprise, picking up in St. Pete's dropping off at MCO.

I just booked using the code for October 2014 with no issues...:cool1:. We used it in October of 2012 with no problems, hope it works again.

What code did you use?

This will be our first family trip so how does renting work when you have 4 kids in car seats? Rent car seats? Bring them? (Kids will be 7,5,3,2) TIA!

It is definitely going away soon since everyone keeps calling National and asking if they can use it!

AGREED !!!!

Just join the program. If you are uncomfortable with the code don't use it.

No offense to those with questions but this KLM discount has been debated every month.

I would imagine when an airline screws up the pricing on their website and gives flights away for $29.00 the airline catches it because of people calling in. The discount is for the use of their Frequent flyer members. Keep questioning it and it will go away due to abuse. There are plenty of other codes that you can use.

I also agree Just join the program and use it! Used it 10+ times with no problems. Tks KLM and National for a great code/offer

I would imagine when an airline screws up the pricing on their website and gives flights away for $29.00 the airline catches it because of people calling in. The discount is for the use of their Frequent flyer members. Keep questioning it and it will go away due to abuse. There are plenty of other codes that you can use.

How are you abusing the code if you are signed up to be a member of KLM's Flying Blue program? :confused: As a member, you are entitled to use the discount code. You're not doing anything wrong. The rate you are getting isn't an "incorrect" rate, its a discounted rate for members of a particular program.

As long as you are signed up as a KLM Flying Blue member (which is free to join and open to anyone), and have your membership number with you in case the National counter agent inquires, then I can't see how you would have an issue.

How are you abusing the code if you are signed up to be a member of KLM's Flying Blue program? As a member, you are entitled to use the discount code. You're not doing anything wrong. The rate you are getting isn't an "incorrect" rate, its a discounted rate for members of a particular program.

As long as you are signed up as a KLM Flying Blue member (which is free to join and open to anyone), and have your membership number with you in case the National counter agent inquires, then I can't see how you would have an issue.

Agree! We have used this code more times than I can count and I don't feel like I am abusing anything. I signed up to be a member and carry my email confirmation with me.

Agree! We have used this code more times than I can count and I don't feel like I am abusing anything. I signed up to be a member and carry my email confirmation with me.
I don't believe abuse was the intent they were going for, maybe used the wrong word. Simply pointing out that if everyone keeps calling because their rates are really good maybe National will look to bump them up on this code. There are countless people in this thread who have used this code, if you don't trust it will work just don't use it.

I don't believe abuse was the intent they were going for, maybe used the wrong word. Simply pointing out that if everyone keeps calling because their rates are really good maybe National will look to bump them up on this code. There are countless people in this thread who have used this code, if you don't trust it will work just don't use it.

The poster in question compared the KLM/National discount to an airline "screwing up" and offering $29 fares.

I just wanted to be sure other people who might read this thread didn't think that the KLM Flying Blue rate was erroneous. Its discounted. Its not a "screw up" like one of the PP's implied.

You are correct that was my intent

The poster in question compared the KLM/National discount to an airline "screwing up" and offering $29 fares.

I just wanted to be sure other people who might read this thread didn't think that the KLM Flying Blue rate was erroneous. Its discounted. Its not a "screw up" like one of the PP's implied.

Sorry to add to the confusion, as NHDisneyFan said if everyone keeps calling and questioning the validity I would think National may see that benefit is too strong or not needed. Not looking to debate that, just was trying to (ineffectively) make a point...unsuccessfully :confused3

They are not listed on the car and taxi area under partners.

And it has been that way for at least a year. But when I first signed up it wasn't listed on that page anyway. It was elsewhere, and the code was found on whatever page national was listed. I haven't been able to find the code on klm's site in at least that time.

But it's still valid and countless people have used it.

Sorry to add to the confusion, as NHDisneyFan said if everyone keeps calling and questioning the validity I would think National may see that benefit is too strong or not needed. Not looking to debate that, just was trying to (ineffectively) make a point...unsuccessfully :confused3

I don't know about that. I am sure, even with the discount provided under the code, that National is making a profit on those rentals. They wouldn't have offered that partnership/discount this long if it wasn't a money maker for them. It may seem like many people from the Dis might call to confirm the validity of the code, but I'm pretty certain it wouldn't be a large percentage of the overall calls received by their customer service department. Probably barely a blip on their radar.

Can someone please tell me what the KLM code is? Is it the same code that is on the first post? I tried it and it came up as an invalid coupon. I used code - 8572130. I also signed up for KLM's Flying Blue Program. Thanks!

Can someone please tell me what the KLM code is? Is it the same code that is on the first post? I tried it and it came up as an invalid coupon. I used code - 8572130. I also signed up for KLM's Flying Blue Program. Thanks!

I made the same mistake. Put the code in the Contract ID space, not the coupon space. Rates definitely came down, but still 200 more than Dollar for Pres Week.

I made the same mistake. Put the code in the Contract ID space, not the coupon space. Rates definitely came down, but still 200 more than Dollar for Pres Week.

Thank you! Yes, that's still quite high. As of now, I have a car rental with Dollar for around $260 for a full size car for 2/14-2/21. I'm debating whether to cancel it and just take the ME to Disney and then take a cab from Disney to Universal and a cab from Universal to MCO. If we rent a car, we'll also have to pay about $60 for parking at Universal so our total will be $320 plus gas and tolls. If we take a cab twice, it'll be around $100.

WOW! Sounds too good to be true.... The cost to rent a car at West Palm Beach without the code is $405.. with the code it's $185. Really?? What happens is all the taxes and surcharges are taken off? Does this sound right??

~N

WOW! Sounds too good to be true.... The cost to rent a car at West Palm Beach without the code is $405.. with the code it's $185. Really?? What happens is all the taxes and surcharges are taken off? Does this sound right??

~N

My 15 day rental (midsize SUV, August) is $533.85 with the code :cool1: , $961.79 without :scared1: .

The price differences are reflected in:
- the base rate ($243.33/rental with the code, $360.00/week without the code)
- the extra time and distance ($34.73/day with the code, $51.43 without)
- and the taxes, surcharges and fees (all but the sales tax included with the KLM discount, but totalling $190.36 without).

Thank you! Using KLM contract ID code : 8572130

I dropped from $394 total with Dollar (KISS2) to.......

$271 total with National for Dodge Avenger!!!

MCO to/from MCO
Mar 28 to April 5.

:dance3::yay::woohoo::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter