Used DVC Points in San Francisco and Vancouver

Mary Lou in Ohio

Earning My Ears
Recently we went on a coastal-Pacific cruise. Before the cruise, we used our DVC points to stay at the Fairmont in San Francisco. After the cruise, we used the points to stay in Vancouver - top floors of the Sheraton Wall Centre are used. Both were beautiful. The Fairmont was just a hotel room -- although it was a very luxurious room, overlooking the bridge, bay and Alcatraz. The "studio" at the Sheraton Wall Centre was lovely. The entire wall was glass overlooking downtown Vancouver (from the 32nd floor -- WOW). One note -- this studio would only hold 2 people as there was only a queen bed and NO sofa bed. There was a chair and the kitchette area with fridge, microwave, etc.

This trip used up a lot of points, but we aren't able to get to WDW this point year, so we thought we would use them on something else.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Mary Lou

Mary Lou,
What is the Sheraton Wall Centre? Is it with II? I didn't see it on the II list. We are planning an Alaska cruise, and would like to book something in Vancouver before the trip.
Thanks,

Mary Lou,
What is the Sheraton Wall Centre? Is it with II? I didn't see it on the II list. We are planning an Alaska cruise, and would like to book something in Vancouver before the trip.
Thanks,

Sneaking in for Mary Lou,

It's in the Club Intrawest direct exchange. CI has two floors of this complex. I've seen it on a tour from the outside. Very interesting building (I was staying at the Rosedale on Robson which is a nice place to stay in Vancouver...good location.....a timeshare as well but I paid cash off season). The tour guide introduced it as "the place where all the stars and the very rich hang out". Views in Vancouver are nothing short of spectacular.

Mary Lou....oh boy. I'm sighing that view must have been unreal. I said "aaaaah" to your post. I can't wait to visit again. Vancouver works very hard in their urban planning so that all buildings have a view despite the density of skyscrapers.

Sneaking in for Mary Lou,

It's in the Club Intrawest direct exchange. CI has two floors of this complex. I've seen it on a tour from the outside. Very interesting building (I was staying at the Rosedale on Robson which is a nice place to stay in Vancouver...good location.....a timeshare as well but I paid cash off season). The tour guide introduced it as "the place where all the stars and the very rich hang out". Views in Vancouver are nothing short of spectacular.

Mary Lou....oh boy. I'm sighing that view must have been unreal. I said "aaaaah" to your post. I can't wait to visit again. Vancouver works very hard in their urban planning so that all buildings have a view despite the density of skyscrapers.

Thanks for stepping in for me. I don't monitor these boards as much as I would like to.

I couldn't see how I could insert a photo - if someone can tell me if this is possible on this board, I'll put in a photo of the views from the hotels.

They were worth the points!

Mary Lou

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter