Useful Concierge Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're veteren WDW visitors but this is our first time staying concierge. We check into GF RPC this Monday :goodvibes .

So this is my question....do people take food/snacks from the lounge back to their room. Like at night, for a snack while watching TV? Also wondering if we could bring a muffin or 2 out to the pool. We have a cabanna rented for one of the days (10am to 2pm), and thought maybe we could go to the lounge first and get something to bring out to the pool with us :confused3

I would hate to be called "tacky" in my real life here at home :sad2: , not to mention having people/CM's at the GF think I was tacky :eek: by removing food from the lounge if it just isn't done.

That being said...then I would like to know what you long time GF concierge people think of doing this???

Thanks,

Karen :)

We haven't stayed at the GF club but at four other Disney resorts at club level. There is no problem with taking food back as long as your plate is not spilling over with food. We always took some food back to our room. However, we saw one gentleman who had an unbelievable amount of food piled high on his plate and came back for more. I hope I had a shocked look on my face because that is how I felt. Of course, no one is going to stop you if you do take that much buuuuut you should feel a bit uncomfortable for doing it. There are other people there waiting for food too, ya know.

We're veteren WDW visitors but this is our first time staying concierge. We check into GF RPC this Monday :goodvibes .

So this is my question....do people take food/snacks from the lounge back to their room. Like at night, for a snack while watching TV? Also wondering if we could bring a muffin or 2 out to the pool. We have a cabanna rented for one of the days (10am to 2pm), and thought maybe we could go to the lounge first and get something to bring out to the pool with us :confused3

I would hate to be called "tacky" in my real life here at home :sad2: , not to mention having people/CM's at the GF think I was tacky :eek: by removing food from the lounge if it just isn't done.

That being said...then I would like to know what you long time GF concierge people think of doing this???

Thanks,

Not a problem taking your food back to your room. We ordered room service for dinner while in the lounge and had it delivered in the lounge. :laughing: No one batted an eye. Of course, we were the only ones in the lounge when we did that.

Thanks for answering my question, I thought it might be OK, but just wanted to check with some prior concierge guests.

And, no we would never pile our plates so high that food was spilling off, or even so that it would seem as if we were "hogging" all the food.

Gosh, I was even reluctant to cause a "scene" or have people looking at me if it was rude to take food from the lounge. So of course I would never take a huge amount or do anything that I thought would embarrass either my DGD or myself.

Thanks again, will take a snack to the room when we feel like it, and maybe a muffin to the pool.

Have a GREAT trip!!! come back and tell us how it went when you get back!

We stayed at 3 different CL resorts this last trip and every night we brought back snacks to our room. I love cookies while watching tv. We took some cookies or deserts, a cordial each and a bottle of chocolate milk! In the mornings after breakfast we would take a piece of fruit each and maybe a muffin for later or a yogurt. At lunch or snack time we would fill a cup with nuts and take that with us. Also, any drinks you may want: soda, juice, milk. As long as we felt comfortable taking it we did. At all 3 resorts I asked for water for the room since the plastic bottles were not out. At the WL and CR they went and got me a big glass bottle to take and at AKL they gave me 4 water bottles. I need water in my room to drink~so enjoy! don't feel funny!

Thanks for answering my question, I thought it might be OK, but just wanted to check with some prior concierge guests.

And, no we would never pile our plates so high that food was spilling off, or even so that it would seem as if we were "hogging" all the food.

Gosh, I was even reluctant to cause a "scene" or have people looking at me if it was rude to take food from the lounge. So of course I would never take a huge amount or do anything that I thought would embarrass either my DGD or myself.

Thanks again, will take a snack to the room when we feel like it, and maybe a muffin to the pool.

What is everyone's favorite food offering at each of the CLs??? I am looking forward to all of the responses.popcorn::

I have heard that the gummy sharks at the Poly are to die for.:rotfl:

What is everyone's favorite food offering at each of the CLs??? I am looking forward to all of the responses.popcorn::

Do you mean THESE????? :lmao: ROFL I LOVE them too! They're always so fresh, too.
DSC04570.JPG

It's a tradition for us to sit in the CL lounge on the last hour of our last day and have a snack of gummy sharks, the awesome cookies, and something to drink, while waiting to be picked up to go to the airport.
DSC04569.JPG

I've stayed CL at the Polynesian and at the Wilderness Lodge and we've always enjoyed all of the food offerings there. Kind of hard to decide what my favorite item is, actually. :confused3

I'm sorry, but the board would go into overload. :rotfl:

Hmmmm, zebra domes @ AKL, the cupcakes at CR 14th floor, the pineapple @ Poly, the chocolate covered strawberries @ GF RPC, the sugar cookies @ WL to name a few that I can think of off the top of my head. I have a sweet tooth people. They have good appetizers at all of them. I can usually find something tasty to snack on before dinner.

Sorry, I'm not a dedicated food picture taker. I AM catching on though. I'll be taking my camera with me on the next adventure. Sea Spray, you're so good at that as is Disbug. I thought people would look at me like I had a 3rd eye, but I finally took a few photos of food while in Hawaii. I'm over my initial fear. So now I can't wait to snap away while on my future trips.

Every time I've driven to a resort from the airport when staying CL I've had to ask the valet to call a CL CM for me.

However, whenever I've seen CL CMs waiting outside the resort entrance they seem to have been waiting for the ME (the ME arrives shortly afterwards), so this got me thinking - if you get the ME, when you check in for the ME do the CMs call ahead to the resort to let them know you're on your way?

Hi Everyone!

We're staying at WL CL in October - and after reading some of the posts on no reponses/delayed responses, I was a little worried. BUT, I am happy to report my experience has been great! I've never waited more a few hours for a response. I've called and I've emailed, and every time a quick response!

They've scheduled all our meals, the Wildlife Discovery and the haunted pirate cruise for the kids.

I've been really happy with teh whole experience so far, now I can't wait to get there! Just 48 more days until our trip!

PS - Thanks everyone for all the info in this thread. Its been really helpful, I cant wait to hear about more responses about favorite foods!

We stayed at AKL Concierge in June 2008 and absolutely loved it. However, I have a guilty pleasure to admit. Despite all of the scrumptious African food offerings that they had all day, my absolute favorite was the Uncrustables!
I ate so many of those. :lmao:

Today, I just had to go to the store and buy a box for my own home concierge. ;)

Weren't they good?! It was the first time I've ever eaten one. Always saw them, kids ate them, but I never did. I think it was because they were cut in half and looked sooo good! I'm afraid to get them for the house because I would eat too many of them!:rotfl:

We stayed at AKL Concierge in June 2008 and absolutely loved it. However, I have a guilty pleasure to admit. Despite all of the scrumptious African food offerings that they had all day, my absolute favorite was the Uncrustables!

Today, I just had to go to the store and buy a box for my own home concierge. ;)

That is sooo funny! And i love your own home concierge!

Weren't they good?! It was the first time I've ever eaten one. Always saw them, kids ate them, but I never did. I think it was because they were cut in half and looked sooo good! I'm afraid to get them for the house because I would eat too many of them!:rotfl:

This could be a new Dis trend...don't forget the uncrusables... I have never had one and now am thinking I just might to come back and tell you all...

Hi, I am staying at the Yacht Club Club level next september and I was wondering how long before should I make contact with the itinerary planners? I booked through with Disney UK so they won't have my info and I will have lots of ADRs planned as we are also on free dining plan. It will be my first time staying CL(and in a deluxe) so I am not really sure of the process.

Thanks for any help.

I totally agree with you how yummy they looked cut in half. The peanut butter and jelly just oooozing out of them. Mmmmmm...

Thankfully, they only come 4 to a package, so I just got one package. At 270 calories per sandwich, they will be a very occasional treat.

That is sooo funny! And i love your own home concierge!

*giggle* Thanks! It was fun to come home last night and set out a few snackies (hummus & veggies, chips, beer and for dessert, the uncrustable!) ;)

Hi, I am staying at the Yacht Club Club level next september and I was wondering how long before should I make contact with the itinerary planners? I booked through with Disney UK so they won't have my info and I will have lots of ADRs planned as we are also on free dining plan. It will be my first time staying CL(and in a deluxe) so I am not really sure of the process.

Thanks for any help.

They can not make ADRs before your booking window. When will they receive your information you think? They should be able to pull up your reservation not to long after booking. I wouldn't imagine you'd be treated differently. :flower3: I would shoot them an e-mail in a few months. The holidays are going to be brutal for them. They always focus on the ones that are coming in closer to time than those that are further out. Maybe mid-January pop your head in (so to speak) and introduce yourself. You can then also just let them know what ADRs you're hoping to get. If you have a V&A's booking then I'd just contact them now.

HTH!

I totally agree with you how yummy they looked cut in half. The peanut butter and jelly just oooozing out of them. Mmmmmm...

Thankfully, they only come 4 to a package, so I just got one package. At 270 calories per sandwich, they will be a very occasional treat.

*giggle* Thanks! It was fun to come home last night and set out a few snackies (hummus & veggies, chips, beer and for dessert, the uncrustable!) ;)

FYI - Costco and Sam's club sell uncrustables in BIG box size. :rotfl: I had to buy two boxes.....for......my softball team. Yeah, that was the reason. :rotfl2:

Seriously, my DH loves them, however I only buy them when the kids and grandkids are coming for a visit.

Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter