USH - Disneyland.. keep my Disneyland ticket?

katyringo

DIS Veteran
I'm doing a solo trip to the area over Memorial Day weekend (I think this is an important note).

Super Mario World is high on bucket list. I'm debating buying a day ticket there and eating the transportation cost from anahiem and back for a day.

I know USH has more to offer, but really super Mario world is the only main draw.

I'm debate is keeping my Disneyland ticket for that day. Is it realistic to Uber over for park open (I'm thinking of purchasing the early access for super Mario world) spending a few hours at USH, ubering back to anahiem and still enjoy the evening at Disneyland?

I know USH has more to offer, but really super Mario world is the only main draw.

I'm debate is keeping my Disneyland ticket for that day. Is it realistic to Uber over for park open (I'm thinking of purchasing the early access for super Mario world) spending a few hours at USH, ubering back to anahiem and still enjoy the evening at Disneyland?
Yes, if you're there at park open with early access to Super Nintendo World.... say early access starts at 8am, you'll be able to do all the mini-games and ride the Mario Kart ride twice before 10am. You can have a reservation at Toadstools Cafe for lunch around that time, do all the meet and greets with the characters and be out by 1:00 after having explored everything.

The traffic isn't bad in the afternoon before 3, so you'll be able to get back to Disneyland by 2:00.

Yes you can do that.
Be aware you don’t have to use multi day tickets on consecutive days though. You could visit DL day 1, USH day 2, DL day 3 and so on.

The traffic isn't bad in the afternoon before 3, so you'll be able to get back to Disneyland by 2:00.
Is it realistic to Uber over for park open
While traffic might not be as bad in the afternoon, it will be much worse in the morning (especially weekdays). Give yourself plenty of travel time as well as time to be admitted to the park and to walk to where you want to go.

We just came back from a day at USH and we did VIP. Even with VIP, it took almost 30 min for each Mario Kart ride from start to finish. We did the minigames at night and each one had at least a 15 min wait.

The only way I would even consider it is if you have Nintendo World early entry. I was there for rope drop on a weekend in the summer with early entry, went right to the Mario Kart ride, and was off around 40 minutes after getting there. Even at this point, the games around the land all had lines, but I was able to get into the cafe with no wait.

If you love Nintendo, I think it's worth doing. The rest of the park has enough to make the long trip worth it IMO.

Thanks all. I know I don't have to use my Disneyland tickets consecutively; I just don't want to give up one of evenings at Disneyland, but Nintendo world is high on my list. If I do it, I will most certainly be paying for the early entry.

I would anticipate it being busy and traffic being an issue because the day I would go would be the Sunday before memorial day.

If my early entry was at 8am and my hotel was by Disneyland, is it crazy to think I would be booking my uber at 5am?

I would anticipate it being busy and traffic being an issue because the day I would go would be the Sunday before memorial day.

If my early entry was at 8am and my hotel was by Disneyland, is it crazy to think I would be booking my uber at 5am?
I don’t think on Sunday before 8 that it’d take more than an hour to get from Disneyland to USH. Right now, at 7:45 on a Saturday, it’s 42 minutes so I think that’s typical (barring some major weather and/or highway closedown).

Even if you are anticipating traffic, before 7, there’s usually very little. Unless you’d like to be there 2 hours early, I think 5 am is overkill. You’d be there by 5:45.

I don’t think on Sunday before 8 that it’d take more than an hour to get from Disneyland to USH. Right now, at 7:45 on a Saturday, it’s 42 minutes so I think that’s typical (barring some major weather and/or highway closedown).

Even if you are anticipating traffic, before 7, there’s usually very little. Unless you’d like to be there 2 hours early, I think 5 am is overkill. You’d be there by 5:45.
Thanks this is helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter