• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

USH in Dec mid month??

amy-n-dale

Earning My Ears
This will be our first trip to USH and plan on going the week of Dec. 16th
Can anyone tell me how busy it is in Dec. around that time? Will 1 day be enough to do most of the rides if we go with the VIP pass?

Also, how far is the park from Disney?
Thanks-
Amy :cool1:

Crowds shouldn't be too bad that weekend, although most schools will probably let out about then. Be warned that December can be chilly, and it does get very windy in spots at Universal, so wear layers. But because it's chilly, it shouldn't be too bad. One day should be enough if your VIP has FOTL, or if you have an FOTL. I've never had trouble seeing just about everything I wanted to during the slower months, and I never get FotL.

USH is about 1 1/2 hour drive from DLR, even on the weekends, (at least I'd give it that much time to be on the safe side).

Check out some of the other threads in this section to find out about transportation options, etc.

1 day is fine. We make regular trips down from Bakersfield all the time. We get there around opening, do just about everything, mill around Citywalk for an hour or two (and eat a nice meal) and are home by 9:00 pm.. Be aware, Universal Studios, is on the windward side of a hill, and it can get down right cold in the winter.
If you get the VIP experience, then you use a lot more time on the tour (but it is very much worth it) and then make for the time on the tour by not having to wait in line for the shows or rides. Well, you wait in much shorter lines for rides, and get reserved seats (good ones) for the shows.

Oh, and check into it, I think there is a free shuttle between DLR and USH running now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter