USH tour

araes2102

DIS Veteran
Going for one day (3/17) and considering the VIP tour. Never considered this before so I'm not sure how it works... How long is the tour? I see it includes unlimited front of the line access to all rides but doesn't specifically state it includes Mario Kart ride access. Are we assuming it will include that? Speaking of which, is nintendoland actually open yet? Thanks for any help!

Going for one day (3/17) and considering the VIP tour. Never considered this before so I'm not sure how it works... How long is the tour? I see it includes unlimited front of the line access to all rides but doesn't specifically state it includes Mario Kart ride access. Are we assuming it will include that? Speaking of which, is nintendoland actually open yet? Thanks for any help!
Also, is the Hilton near USH walkable to the park?

It’s officially open as of today. My family is taking the VIP tour a week from today so I can report back if you’d like. When I called them, they confirmed that it does include Mario Kart ride access. For the Hilton hotel, it should be walking distance but I think they also have a shuttle to the park. We are using our hotel points to stay at the Sheraton which is nearby, too.

It’s officially open as of today. My family is taking the VIP tour a week from today so I can report back if you’d like. When I called them, they confirmed that it does include Mario Kart ride access. For the Hilton hotel, it should be walking distance but I think they also have a shuttle to the park. We are using our hotel points to stay at the Sheraton which is nearby, too.
Please do let know how it goes. Did they say what part of the tour and how long at Nintendo Land ?

Yes, I'd love it if you would report back! Hope your family has fun!

Please do let know how it goes. Did they say what part of the tour and how long at Nintendo Land ?

They didn’t say. Right now, the forecast is calling for rain the day of our visit 😩 So I’m not sure how much of the tour will be impacted by that.

We took the VIP tour this past Wednesday (before the rain/snow began) and it does include unlimited access to Nintendo World and express access to MarioKart. Our tour started at 10 and ended around 4-5pm. Thankfully the park was open until 9, so we had plenty of time to explore Harry Potter and Nintendo. That said, VIP does not include express access to the interactive Nintendo World games or toadstool cafe. Lines for both were very long and our kids only wanted to do one after the long VIP tour. Toadstool was completely out of time slots when we checked after the tour. The plus was that the line for MarioKart was over 3 hours all day and with the VIP we got on the ride twice with only a 20 minute wait each time. The regular express ticket does not include MarioKart only VIP. It was worth it for us because the kids really wanted the ride, plus breakfast lunch and valet parking was included. On a busy day, it was well worth the price.

We took the VIP tour this past Wednesday (before the rain/snow began) and it does include unlimited access to Nintendo World and express access to MarioKart. Our tour started at 10 and ended around 4-5pm. Thankfully the park was open until 9, so we had plenty of time to explore Harry Potter and Nintendo. That said, VIP does not include express access to the interactive Nintendo World games or toadstool cafe. Lines for both were very long and our kids only wanted to do one after the long VIP tour. Toadstool was completely out of time slots when we checked after the tour. The plus was that the line for MarioKart was over 3 hours all day and with the VIP we got on the ride twice with only a 20 minute wait each time. The regular express ticket does not include MarioKart only VIP. It was worth it for us because the kids really wanted the ride, plus breakfast lunch and valet parking was included. On a busy day, it was well worth the price.
Did you go on Mario Kart 2 times during the tour, or was the Express valid after the tour ? What point and how long is visit to Nintendo Land during the tour ?

Overall do you feel the VIP was worth it ?

We went on every ride in the park once during the VIP tour, then went back and did a few rides again on our own after the tour ended (MarioKart and the Harry Potter rides). It was worth it for us since we like the rides and would never wait 3 hours for MarioKart even though the queue was fabulous (my youngest is 5 and couldn’t wait that long). For a person who just wants to experience more of the interactive games in Nintendo World, I think there was an early access ticket to Nintendo World that might be a better option especially if you want to eat at Toadstools. Either way, I’d have a lot of patience and moderate expectations for the day. Nintendo World was packed and felt a bit suffocating at times even with VIP. Most lines for the interactive games looked like they were at least 45 minutes and VIP doesn’t help with those. On the plus side, Harry Potter areas were almost deserted after the tour ended and my kids had a blast there. We had never been to USH, so VIP was absolutely worth it for us as we got a good orientation to the park. We wanted to spend time in all the areas. Nintendo World would have taken up the whole day without VIP and we would have missed a lot of the other fun. Plus, for amusement parks, the VIP food for breakfast and lunch was actually quite nice and better then the normal concession fare. Highly recommend VIP if you are open to doing more than Nintendo World, but if all you want to see is that particular area it may not be the best option (unless you want to ride MarioKart a ton - in which case VIP would be awesome for that).

Also, a note that we were told we could leave the tour if we wanted. I think the tours don’t have a set itinerary and go to different areas in different orders. Ours did most of the rides first, then the backlot trolley after lunch. So, in theory we could have abandoned the group after lunch, skipped the personalized backlot, and just gone to Nintendo World for the rest of the day. We would have missed seeing prop department and getting off the trolley to see Jaws set up close. No one in our group chose to leave the tour, but I think you absolutely could leave the group and still use VIP’s unlimited access to Nintendo World and express to MarioKart.

We went on every ride in the park once during the VIP tour, then went back and did a few rides again on our own after the tour ended (MarioKart and the Harry Potter rides). It was worth it for us since we like the rides and would never wait 3 hours for MarioKart even though the queue was fabulous (my youngest is 5 and couldn’t wait that long). For a person who just wants to experience more of the interactive games in Nintendo World, I think there was an early access ticket to Nintendo World that might be a better option especially if you want to eat at Toadstools. Either way, I’d have a lot of patience and moderate expectations for the day. Nintendo World was packed and felt a bit suffocating at times even with VIP. Most lines for the interactive games looked like they were at least 45 minutes and VIP doesn’t help with those. On the plus side, Harry Potter areas were almost deserted after the tour ended and my kids had a blast there. We had never been to USH, so VIP was absolutely worth it for us as we got a good orientation to the park. We wanted to spend time in all the areas. Nintendo World would have taken up the whole day without VIP and we would have missed a lot of the other fun. Plus, for amusement parks, the VIP food for breakfast and lunch was actually quite nice and better then the normal concession fare. Highly recommend VIP if you are open to doing more than Nintendo World, but if all you want to see is that particular area it may not be the best option (unless you want to ride MarioKart a ton - in which case VIP would be awesome for that).
Ok, thanks for the info !

Looking at USH since will be out west in August. Was curious about Nintendo Land since it's new and figured was going to be difficult to do. If can get a couple rides on Mario Kart and just look around later, then that's good. Have done USO so not as stressed about the Harry Potter stuff...still want to do them, but have done them a few times in USO. Although teenage son may be bit more interested now since been playing the Hogwarts Legacy game.

If do the VIP tour, then would only be there 1 day, so just want to be sure everything covered.

Also, a note that we were told we could leave the tour if we wanted. I think the tours don’t have a set itinerary and go to different areas in different orders. Ours did most of the rides first, then the backlot trolley after lunch. So, in theory we could have abandoned the group after lunch, skipped the personalized backlot, and just gone to Nintendo World for the rest of the day. We would have missed seeing prop department and getting off the trolley to see Jaws set up close. No one in our group chose to leave the tour, but I think you absolutely could leave the group and still use VIP’s unlimited access to Nintendo World and express to MarioKart.
Thank you so much for all the info! We may decide to leave the tour for the Backlot part if all other have already been covered. I think my kids might enjoy more time in the other parts of the park instead. I did decide to book the tour for Friday 3/17 so I believe it will be well worth it for us! Our tour time is for 8:30am with the park closing at 9pm that day. Was considering a it later start time since we will be driving in late the night before but then I'm concerned about not having enough time after the tour to explore on our own...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter