Using 14 day ticket as part of a package early on Day 1

stal

DIS Veteran
Good morning,

We have a Disney resort package that includes the 14 day pass, but are staying at a different hotel the night before.

How do we 'activate' these tickets, if we want to go to the parks first thing, before we check into the resort?

Do we have to go to the resort first to early check in, then to the parks?

Thanks!

So they will work even before we check in to the resort?
I really can't see why not. The tickets are sold as part of the deal, but you can get a 14 day ticket even if you book fewer nights at a resort. The only limit seems to be that the last day you can start using it is the last day of your resort booking. (All park tickets are dated in some way these days.)
You can certainly make a PP for arrival day {I have one), and that system checks that you have a valid ticket. (It also won't let you make more than 14 PPs for a 14 day ticket.)
And if they did block until check-in then they'd really need to block after check-out too, which they definitely don't.

I had a quick look in the other parts of DIS but couldn't see any obvious place for such info.
Ideally you need a UK member who has actually done this to confirm, otherwise give Disney a call if you want to be certain.

[I'm actually curious and next time I'm in the system I'm going to try making a PP for the day before my arrival. That could be needed if things change and one arrives early but at a different resort/hotel and booking because of availability, which happened to someone on here when his flights got mangled by VA.]

As far as I'm aware, your tickets that are linked with your package start on the day you will be checking into your Disney resort. Therefore I don't think you will need to have actually checked into your resort, it just need to be that day. For example, you wouldn't be able to use the tickets the day before.
I would try making a park reservation and see what happens.

Just been playing with the Park Reservations and have found:
I can make a reservation for the day of resort check-in.
I can't make a reservation for the day before resort check-in. (No valid ticket found.)
I can make a reservation for the day of resort check-out.
I can make a reservation for the day after resort check-out.

So it seems that the start date of tickets is tied to check-in day, but the end date is by usage.

This is for a 14 day Ultimate, not a Magic, but I'd expect they are similar.
I didn't try later dates as I have 14 days already booked and it means cancelling at the other end to 'make space'.

Incidentally, it is now easier to move between the cancel and make pages for Park Reservations, though it remains a bit of a faff as you still have to cancel in one place and make in another. It's not really 'joined up' or intuitive, though it was pretty quick when I was doing this (~2300 UTC).

Yes I have made park reservations for the 2 days after our 10 night package ends at Pop as our tickets are still valid. On our tickets in MDE it does say they are valid thru the date we check out of pop, which did send me into a bit of a panic! But its all good!

I have used a package ticket for RD on the day we are due to check in. If you are at all worried, check in online.

Can UK visitors check-in online?
I couldn't in 2018, but maybe it's changed (or that was a glitch).

Can UK visitors check-in online?
I couldn't in 2018, but maybe it's changed (or that was a glitch).
Yes, as long as there is a credit card on file that they can charge for the booking. I book through a US TA so the balance is due in check in…. maybe it’s different if you book through U.K. agent .

I book through a US TA so the balance is due in check in…. maybe it’s different if you book through U.K. agent .
So that's a USA deal/package, not a UK one.
I booked through Disney UK for 2018. They also wouldn't post MagicBands or similar out - they had to be collected from the front desk.
Balance is due 8 weeks (I think) before arrival and that's the same now.

Does anyone know if you have to use the tickets on the first day? For example if I purchase tickets valid any 4 days from March 8, 2023 - March 14, 2023 Do I have to use them on the first day March 8? Or can I start using them on March 9, 2023?
I am not sure at this point if we will go to parks on the first day due to late flight.

Does anyone know if you have to use the tickets on the first day? For example if I purchase tickets valid any 4 days from March 8, 2023 - March 14, 2023 Do I have to use them on the first day March 8? Or can I start using them on March 9, 2023?
I am not sure at this point if we will go to parks on the first day due to late flight.

So, you're on the wrong thread for this, but no, you don't have to use your tickets on the 1st day of March 8th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter