Using a gym at another resort?

tyandbash

Mouseketeer
Hi, we are DVC members not staying on points next week. We are staying at AOA. I never even thought about a gym because I never use one, . But, my husband just asked is there was a gym, or if he could use one at another resort. Can he use a gym at another resort? Would it make a difference if we are DVC members? Thanks!

I'm almost positive the answer is no, as gym hopping isn't included in normal DVC perks, and pool hopping is only allowed if you are staying on a DVC property anyway.

Nope. Gym hopping is not a perk.

I guess a few of the gyms allow you to buy a day pass at the front desk, but the documentation on that is sketchy.

I go to the gym daily at home and vacation and although I havent stayed at AoA, I would just use their gym. BLT (Contemporary), BWV, GF/Poly, SSR have a very small gym. I would just use what AoA has to offer and not waste time looking for something better because there really isnt too much difference IMO.

At Boardwalk you needed to scan your magic band to enter the gym.

I go to the gym daily at home and vacation and although I havent stayed at AoA, I would just use their gym. BLT (Contemporary), BWV, GF/Poly, SSR have a very small gym. I would just use what AoA has to offer and not waste time looking for something better because there really isnt too much difference IMO.

AOA doesn't have a gym. The only non-Deluxe with a gym is Coronado. Value resorts, one of the things you don't get is a gym.

AOA doesn't have a gym. The only non-Deluxe with a gym is Coronado. Value resorts, one of the things you don't get is a gym.

Thank you. Learned something new today about Disney.

Not sure exactly what type of work out he'd be looking for, but I stayed at AOA with friends last fall and there was plenty of flat, private-ish areas out doors for working out. Lots of room for running, if that's his thing, but we almost always drive so I generally bring my own weights even when we are staying in a deluxe resort so I can work out in my room plus I use odd number weights like 12 or 17.5 and the gyms do not usually have those. Amazon also has water weights that pack really well and you fill them with water once you get to your hotel. Good luck!

You could always join a planet fitness and use that gym on vacation. The time involved in getting transportation to and from some other gym...if you are even allowed..... is valuable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter