Using a wheelchair in airport to get to flight

Liz

Make a miracle!
Really random question, but if you have wheelchair assistance to help you onto the actual plane, do they take you to your original seat or do they have certain seats available for the wheelchair folks towards the front? My daughter is out of town visiting her brother and she fell and is injured. We need to arrange for a wheelchair at the airport and possibly onto the plane. I'm wondering if I need to change her originally selected seat or if it won't matter because they wouldn't sit her there anyway.

Thank you!

I would change now so she is in a spot that is safe, I would ask when you contact the airline to arrange wheelchair transport and the aisle transfer chair. I remember a flight I took with a group to a conference in DC and at least 2 people had to use the transfer chair. They both were placed in their assigned seats, but they were seats chosen knowing they needed window seats so someone did not have to climb over them.

It might be that they will have to move people around, but the advance notice would make it easier than waiting.

I would change now so she is in a spot that is safe, I would ask when you contact the airline to arrange wheelchair transport and the aisle transfer chair. I remember a flight I took with a group to a conference in DC and at least 2 people had to use the transfer chair. They both were placed in their assigned seats, but they were seats chosen knowing they needed window seats so someone did not have to climb over them.

It might be that they will have to move people around, but the advance notice would make it easier than waiting.
Thank you! She is currently in an aisle seat in Comfort Plus, which I thought would be easier access, but people climbing over her would not be good. Lots to think about.

Thank you! She is currently in an aisle seat in Comfort Plus, which I thought would be easier access, but people climbing over her would not be good. Lots to think about.
Yeah, the one lady I knew well said she only does aisle or middle with her young kids cause she could contain them and it was okay for them to clImb on her to get around. She was such a frequent flyer that the ground crew that came to check her equipment before taking her chair were like “you again” jokingly. They just had to confirm nothing new changed and then the employee that took her down the jetway and aisle knew the best way to position her for the transitions from wheelchair to transfer chair to seat.

• Love
Reactions: Liz
Yeah, the one lady I knew well said she only does aisle or middle with her young kids cause she could contain them and it was okay for them to clImb on her to get around. She was such a frequent flyer that the ground crew that came to check her equipment before taking her chair were like “you again” jokingly. They just had to confirm nothing new changed and then the employee that took her down the jetway and aisle knew the best way to position her for the transitions from wheelchair to transfer chair to seat.
Foot isn't broken, but right now it's too painful to walk. Wrist is broken. Ugh!

Attachments

• Laura 4.jpg
    Laura 4.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Laura 2.jpg
    Laura 2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter