• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using Fort bus for Early Morning Magic at HS?

MaggieBags

Mouseketeer
Hello!

Looking forward to our third visit to the Fort in March!

Has anyone used the buses to get to Hollywood Studios for Early Morning Magic? People are reporting being let in to Toy Story Land around 7:20. Think the buses would get us there in time to get through security, etc?

Thank you!

If the bus picks you up 1 hourish before opening you'll probably get there about 20 minutes later. Then you have to walk to entry and security check. Then get to TS land.

It will get you there before the official opening time. Will it get you there before they open early (like they have) or before there is already a sizable crowd? Probably not.

The WDW bus transportation policy is that if it's a Disney event, they'll get Guests there and back. For EMM and EMH, disregard the 45 minutes before park opening thing.

Yes, true, but the buses do not run very frequently in the morning. So you better be on the FIRST bus leaving the Outpost Bus Depot to the parks for an early rope drop. Which means getting up earlier and getting to the bus depot earlier as insurance (because who knows when the "first" will arrive?). Oh and the internal buses run less frequently in the early morning hours as well. Another connection, another time buffer to build in "just in case".

Which is why we drive to all parks not named MK.

Some guests don't have vehicles and rely on Disney transport like the bus system only. They have to be motivated to get going really early in the morning to make those early rope drops.

It's almost to the point where I would rather sleep later and pay for a Minnie Van to get me to the early rope drop park. And I'm not even very Type A in that regard.

Bama Ed

PS - well, maybe a little :rolleyes: ....

Last edited:
Thanks all! I'll try and report back after our trip (late March) how it all works out. We'll be doing Early Morning Magic for both MK and HS. More concerned about HS.

The WDW bus transportation policy is that if it's a Disney event, they'll get Guests there and back. For EMM and EMH, disregard the 45 minutes before park opening thing.

I've heard from guests at other resorts this is true and they had no issue using the buses to get to these special early ticketed events. But its concerning how many people insist on hiring a car or driving themselves. Just looking for some reassurance.

It's almost to the point where I would rather sleep later and pay for a Minnie Van to get me to the early rope drop park.

Yeah, I am tossing the idea around of hiring Mears, Uber, etc. It gets a bit tricky since we'd need 2 carseats. Really hoping the buses will work out. And it's going to be waaaayyy early - at the bus stop before 6:30. We'll have a golf cart so no worries on the internal buses. Thank you!

I've heard from guests at other resorts this is true and they had no issue using the buses to get to these special early ticketed events.
I can assure you that it's true. I've been on the early buses many dozens of times, but either way can work. There are pros and cons to both methods.

Thank you for the reply. What time did you request the car? Starting to think it might be best just not bbbhto worry about it.
I opened the app around 5:45 and started to see what the estimated arrival time would be. I think I ended up actually ordering it around 6:15 for a 6:45 arrival time. It wouldn’t let me preorder for a specific date/time so I just refreshed it every five minutes to get the time I wanted. I have an almost 3yo who needed the carseat and it was more like a booster with a 5 point harness attached which was good for his age but obviously wouldn’t work for an infant. I would definitely use an Uber in Disney again - totally convenient and didn’t have to worry about missing a bus. I was worried about getting there in time for the EMM too but it went very smoothly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter