Using gift cards on Universal properties

pannm

Mouseketeer
I'm SO EXCITED...We're going to Universal and got season passes. I am wondering how to save some money on food, since we'll be there several times in the next 15 months. I know we can pack our own food/sandwiches, cold meals and things. We're staying on property (OVERLY EXCITED HERE!!!). We're packing things to make sandwiches and snacky foods. This trip, we also bought a few days of the dinning plan.

Aside from that, is there an "already been made" list somewhere of locations that accept gift cards? My husband gets 'gift card perks' catalog from work a few times a year and he's got enough points saved up to order several gift cards.

Talking about food gift cards, NOT hotel (Loews) or general Universal gift cards.

I know I can use gift cards at Hard Rock and Bubba Gump. We're planning to go to Hard Rock more than once this visit, because it's actually cheaper for us to eat there than most places! Especially with their family deals and we have two birthday's this trip with free birthday MEALS from Hard rock (sign up for their club!!!)

Can I use a Gift Card at:

Starbucks throughout the parks?
Cold stone?
Auntie Annies?
The "BK" burger king location/ since it's not "technically" a Burger King?

Any places I'm missing? Maybe Panda Express?

I'm so used to having an over abundance of information about our trips, since we go to Disney frequently. But, we decided to get season passes at Universal to change things up a little...We love BOTH for different reasons.

You can use gift cards at Starbucks and still earn Starbucks points. I load the gc onto my app. I would think you could also use gc at ColdStone, Auntie Annies, BK and Panda Express (but I am just guessing). Plus you can use your annual pass for discounts.

I think Cinnabon as well if you are looking for another lite breakfast location. Also Raise has a decent discount on Hard Rock GCs

Are you driving (and parking at CityWalk)? How many trips/people are you feeding?

The Preferred AP offers discounts on food / merchandise pretty much everywhere at UO and also free parking. Would you spend enough for the $90 upgrade to be worthwhile?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter