• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using multiple gift cards to pay for resort

If you're a Sam's Club member at any level, the gift cards ship free (I just checked). The 5% RedCard Discount is still the better deal (unless you have gift cards for Sam's Club or something like that).

If you're a Sam's Club member at any level, the gift cards ship free (I just checked). The 5% RedCard Discount is still the better deal (unless you have gift cards for Sam's Club or something like that).

They must have changed shipping charges, since I ordered last (it's been awhile). Good to know, but I haven't been ordering through them since it isn't the best deal out there.

Not that it was all that much, they charged 99 cent shipping before.

They must have changed shipping charges, since I ordered last (it's been awhile). Good to know, but I haven't been ordering through them since it isn't the best deal out there.

Not that it was all that much, they charged 99 cent shipping before.

Yeah, I have some Sam's Club gift cards from Swagbucks I plan on using but if I didn't, I'd just do Target. BJs used to be better than 5% on the $100 gift cards but not any more.

BJ's is nice because you don't have to be a member to buy them. They also have free shipping online.
$479.99 for $500
$143.99 for $150
$95.99 for $100
$48.49 for $50
$24.49 for $25

Sam's Club you have to be a member and they charge shipping and the $500 gift card is $484.98 there , so not as good of a deal.[/QUO
I had to pay shipping in January, has it changed to free shipping?

Looks like you do have to pay shipping for the $500 card on BJ's. All of the other ones have free shipping though.

Ok, stupid question time! If you have a Target redcard (that is the debit card that is attached to a checking account, correct?) you can buy the Disney GC online or in the store at a 5% discount? So a $100 GC would be $95? Is that right? I'm new to buying the giftcards to pay for my trip, but since I'm budgeting for my next trip I want to save any money I can and this would be great!

Ok, stupid question time! If you have a Target redcard (that is the debit card that is attached to a checking account, correct?) you can buy the Disney GC online or in the store at a 5% discount? So a $100 GC would be $95? Is that right? I'm new to buying the giftcards to pay for my trip, but since I'm budgeting for my next trip I want to save any money I can and this would be great!
That is correct. The RedCard comes in a debit card or credit card, same 5% discount no matter the format. Your math is accurate.

I have never had a problem giving multiple (20+) gift cards to the resort castmember for payment the night before checkout.

I to have given a stack of gift cards at the front desk to apply to my balance, but this was before there was the web site to combine them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter