Using phones on the ship

In order to use the free 50MB wifi, do you need to have the Disney cruise app downloaded on your iPhone ? Just wondering if everyone in our party need to install this. Thanks

keep in mind that everything is on the dcl app now. Everyone needs to download (including kids) before arriving to the dcl terminal. There is no wifi at the terminal, so unless you have a hotspot, you can’t access wifi to download. We know first hand. One of our teen granddaughters didn’t have it on her phone and in order to chat or use I messaging, she needed the app. We had to download the free onboard wifi 50 package just to download the dcl app. There is NO IT desk onboard anymore. Guest services will try to help you if you need IT support onboard.

My wife has an older Samsung Galaxy 7 and for some reason was getting free wifi in airplane mode with wifi turned on. This was on the Fantasy a couple of weeks ago. It had to be something with her phone because I tried to replicate her settings on my newer Galaxy and could not get on without registering for the free 50mb wifi. Strange but not surprising with Disney tech.

I had iMessage working throughout the cruise, and no unexpected data losses (mine and my wife’s free 50MB each lasted me the whole cruise checking email daily).
Is the 50MB free on first day one per person or one per cabin? I signed up for it but my DH (same cabin) couldn't find a way to sign up after I had done so. Newbies so we can use all the help we can get! TIA

Just finished our Magic Cruise today :(

Reminder: Don't forget to type "logout.com" in the weblink after activating your free 50MB....otherwise your 50MB will disappear in a few minutes! Sign up for the free 50MB for all the stateroom members in your party (even if they won't use the 50MB) by creating a username/pw for them which matches their DOB and stateroom #, and then you can at least have extra emergency Wifi data if you need it later during your trip by accessing their accounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter