>> Using Pools at Other Resorts - FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some blog sources have said guests can use it but .....a source many would trust says "As for the misinformation going around that guests can use the Grand Floridian pool, I have confirmed many times including yesterday that Polynesian guests are not allowed to use the Grand Floridian pool. They will be checking I.D. at the Grand Floridian pool and Polynesian guests will not be allowed to use the pool."

http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/news/item/213-pool-closure

They need to make sure their information is consistent across all the CMs. We stayed at the Poly over marathon weekend and walked to the quiet pool just to see if it was warm. As it turned out, it was closed (My guess was a poop accident but the lifeguard would not confirm or deny, lol). In any case, he confidently told me that we could go to the Grand Floridian and use their pool. I asked several times while my DH told me to stop asking while the answer was good!

It was too cold to swim so we never checked it out.

Pop Century and Art of Animation are joined by a bridge. Is it possible to be a Pop guest and visit the Art of Animation pools?

I don't know if this is technically pool hopping, but maybe someone knows the answer. Sometimes when we visit WDW, we will have my in-laws who live in FL meet us for the day. After a day in the parks, we've gone back to the resort and my in-laws will sit by the pool with us and watch my son swim. Are they allowed to be there if they are visiting me at my hotel and was that a faux pas on our part?
Don't they check for resort bands now?

My SIL (and family) is staying off-site while her cousin is at CBR next month. She wants to go visit, see the resort, maybe use the pool with them. I'm assuming this is not allowed? She asked how they prevent it, and I said I would assume she would have an issue with getting in to park. True?

My SIL (and family) is staying off-site while her cousin is at CBR next month. She wants to go visit, see the resort, maybe use the pool with them. I'm assuming this is not allowed? She asked how they prevent it, and I said I would assume she would have an issue with getting in to park. True?

Parking is not the problem. At the pools they may ask each guest for resort ID, that is how they keep people from swimming in resort pools when they are not paying to stay at that resort. Your SIL can ask the lifeguard on duty if they can swim, and if it is slow they may be allowed to. However it is up to the lifeguard at the time.

Post #1 of this thread answers both your questions. :thumbsup2

So funny that this debate / these questions is/are still going on after years and years and years! Ive read through several pages of posts and have not seen my issue with the pool hoping! I love staying at the deluxe resorts, mostly at the Poly and mostly for conveniences. I dont look for any particular pool before booking my vacation. Im no spring chicken and a day at a Disney park is a killer on my feet. Being from MA, I love the FL weather. So...what I most enjoy when I return from a park at night is to SIT by the pool. My issue with the relatives and friends visiting isnt who is using the pool, its who is using the tables and chairs and hammocks. Im less than thrilled to waddle over to the pool area with my feel throbbing and not be able to find available seating.

So funny that this debate / these questions is/are still going on after years and years and years! Ive read through several pages of posts and have not seen my issue with the pool hoping! I love staying at the deluxe resorts, mostly at the Poly and mostly for conveniences. I dont look for any particular pool before booking my vacation. Im no spring chicken and a day at a Disney park is a killer on my feet. Being from MA, I love the FL weather. So...what I most enjoy when I return from a park at night is to SIT by the pool. My issue with the relatives and friends visiting isnt who is using the pool, its who is using the tables and chairs and hammocks. Im less than thrilled to waddle over to the pool area with my feel throbbing and not be able to find available seating.

That's the biggest reason we stayed there just once. It seemed that almost every time we went to the main pool, there were never tables open close to the pool. And on more than one occasion, it was very clear that some spots were taken by non-resort people. Yes, I overheard them talking.

I do not think anyone is allowed to use the pool unless they are a registered guest at that resort. This is what we were told repeatedly when we asked.

I just have to ask.. have any of the "happy Hoppers" ever been kicked out of a pool? or for that matter denied entrance? I'd love to know! When I stayed at BC a few young ladies were trying to persuade the guard that their friend was waiting for them etc... but they were turned away.

Does anyone know if there are any playgrounds that are off-limits, because they are in a gated pool area? We are playground hoppers. :)

Does anyone know if there are any playgrounds that are off-limits, because they are in a gated pool area? We are playground hoppers. :)

Not that I'm aware of. But I must admit, I don't know every playground on property.

I just have to ask.. have any of the "happy Hoppers" ever been kicked out of a pool? or for that matter denied entrance? I'd love to know! When I stayed at BC a few young ladies were trying to persuade the guard that their friend was waiting for them etc... but they were turned away.

Yep! I've seen families booted at the Polynesian....on more than one occasion. Man, they were not happy. But if you're going to be dopey enough to sit at a pool, taking up two tables and many chaises, talking loudly about how much you love this pool and you may actually stay there someday, you deserve to get kicked out!
I've seen it happen at Boardwalk as well. But there it was a case of the lifeguards going around checking everyone's room key. They caught a couple of groups that day.

Not that I'm aware of. But I must admit, I don't know every playground on property.

Thank you! Disney has a list of playgrounds on MDE, but I've had trouble finding good pictures/reviews of a few. We've visited at least eight, though, and had no problems, so hopefully they're all accessible to hoppers.

Just wondering if we are doing a split stay, for example AOA/CBR, can we still use the AOA pool once we are checked out and checked into CBR (for the day of checkout only)? I thought I read somewhere you can use resort facilities until midnight of check out day. TIA!

Just wondering if we are doing a split stay, for example AOA/CBR, can we still use the AOA pool once we are checked out and checked into CBR (for the day of checkout only)? I thought I read somewhere you can use resort facilities until midnight of check out day. TIA!

Yes. You can use the resort amenities, including the pool, until midnight of check out day.

Awesome! DS5 really wants to swim in the big blue pool but I can only find one night of our trip open for AOA-LM room, so we will have to do a split stay.

Headed to Grand Floridian in a month with my wife and two kids. My cousin, her husband and three kids will be staying at the Beach Club the same week. We will likely want to have some pool time together at both of the resorts if we can. I have read that getting permission from CM's is the best way to do this so we will go that route. So given the above, here are my questions.

1. Are CM's more likely to say yes to two families both staying on property than they would if we were just one family wanting to try out another pool? Anybody have the same circumstance we have?
2. We are staying at Sugar Loaf so do we ask the concierge there? Do we ask the front desk? Do we ask the lifeguard? Who do we ask?
3. Anybody have experience / opinion on which resort is more likely to grant the request, GF or BC?

Headed to Grand Floridian in a month with my wife and two kids. My cousin, her husband and three kids will be staying at the Beach Club the same week. We will likely want to have some pool time together at both of the resorts if we can. I have read that getting permission from CM's is the best way to do this so we will go that route. So given the above, here are my questions.

1. Are CM's more likely to say yes to two families both staying on property than they would if we were just one family wanting to try out another pool? Anybody have the same circumstance we have?
2. We are staying at Sugar Loaf so do we ask the concierge there? Do we ask the front desk? Do we ask the lifeguard? Who do we ask?
3. Anybody have experience / opinion on which resort is more likely to grant the request, GF or BC?

The lifeguards have control over the pool area. Even of a different CM tells you yes the lifeguards can refuse. And as they watch the area they have the final say.

It all depends on how busy it is. You are only considered a guest at your own resort. Staying at a different Disney resort has no impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter