• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using Visa reward dollars at the parks

btuftee

MK Obsessed
Planning on cashing in my Disney Visa reward dollars at the parks on our next trip in Spring '06. Apparently (at least according to the call center rep), Visa will send you something like a credit/debit card, that can then be used at the parks, restaurants, shops, etc, to pay electronically. Kind of like a retail store's gift card.

Has anyone else cashed in their Disney Visa dollars? Did everything go smoothly when trying to use them at WDW? Thanks!

(I tried to post this topic a few days ago and think I made an error, so if this is a double post please forgive)

Although I have not used my card at the World yet, i did call and have a card sent to me with the minimum balance allowed for a "first time issued" card, which I believe was $25 (MAy be $20 :confused3 ) Anyway, on arrival, i plan on calling Visa to have the rest of my credit applied to my card, which customer service told me would be done in just a matter of minutes. Then I will use my entire balance towrds the purchase of my tickets. this way, no big balance to worry about losing, plus I spent all my credit in one shot and don't need to carry the card.

Just an idea to think about. Hope you have a great trip!

Using it for your tickets or your room is a good idea, but if you choose not to do that, it works very easily. You just give it to any of the stores/restaurants and they swipe it like a credit card. They will give you a receipt and your remaining balance is at the bottom. I had not problems using mine in March.

We did!

In early Sep '04 I ordered our Rewards Card (online) and transferred all the available reward dollars we had onto the card. Then after our Oct '04 statement closed I transferred the additional reward dollars we earned during that statement period onto the card. Very easy! I had everything ready to go for our late Oct '04 trip.

Using the card very easy. We used it for meals and souvenirs - you use it just like a credit card. After every purchase the receipt showed our updated reward dollar balance.

Oh, and our card had an expiration date of December 2005. I still have $4.18 on the card - guess I'd better get to the Disney Store and buy something!

Debbie

I know the cards have an expiration date on them. Does anyone know what the expiration date would be if I ordered a card now?

Thanks in advance
Rhonda

I just received my card for my upcoming trip. It's very easy to use, it's like a gift card. When you make your purchases they just scan the card and whatever is on there is subtracted from the total and they keep the card. It's real simple to use.

I always use my rewards for a big ticket item (room, tickets, I even just gave it to CM at check in and they just put a credit on my room charge) so I don't have to carry the thing around with me.

It is all very easy IF YOU PLAN AHEAD. I say this because you must allow at least 2 weeks to get your card in the mail. Don't wait too late to request it. I almost missed being able to use my points ($681 worth) to pay for my upcoming trip to WDW by the cuttoff date. Thankfully my card came the day before the balance was due. And trust me... you cannot use your points without the card. I tried! You cannot call in a number or anything. Must have it in hand.

Now that I have it, I will call and transfer my new points before I leave. The points are good immediatley. The expiration date is usually December of the year following issue. My card expires Dec 2006. And yes, it works like a debit card at the stores and hotels. :earsgirl:

Disney Reward Card expiration - 1 year after you order it ?
Or is it going away as a benefit after December 2006 ?

I haven't heard anything about the program itself expiring, I think it's just the cards themselves. Or perhaps some of the points, I know that I have some points on my card that have a set expiration date (dunno why though, but it's like three years from now so it's not a concern).

I'd hate to see the program end, but if it did, there's a thousand other credit card programs out there to help me save money! And as we know, all money saved is money to be spent at Disney!

:teacher: The PROGRAM does not expire. The CARDS do. Once a card is issued you call in and ask for earned points to be rolled over to it. Then you keep using that card until it's expiration date. Then you ask for another one when you need it and have future points put on that card until it expires.

We had $1005 on our card. I earmarked it for food. Our family of 5 was able to eat whatever we wanted for 8 days with it!!! :sunny:

I had CMs make the same mistake at two different places. The receipt showed a balance of zero and they both told me that it meant a zero balance on my reward card when actually it meant a zero balance on the purchase ie that i didn't owe any more.

Yes, definitely plan ahead and order it early. I ordered mine in the beginning of July to have it for this trip but I did get it in a couple of weeks but play it safe and order it at least one month in advance of your trip.

We just got a Chase Disney Visa mailed to us unsolicited. Is it a good card to have? Do the points rack up quickly? What are all the benefits?

I like the card because I want to turn the reward points into a Disney reward card to use at the parks when we go. You get 1 point for every $100 spent and at times they have special offers running where at different places you can get bonus points and purchasing vacation packages gives you different points, etc. Just read the pamphlet that came along with it to see all the details. They also have various offers made available to us like tickets to a show, pins, merchandise and other goodies because we have the Disney Chase.
I know right now if you use your Disney Visa at the WOS store at WDW you get 10% off so you can be sure I'll be there!!!

DisneyFans4 said:
I like the card because I want to turn the reward points into a Disney reward card to use at the parks when we go. You get 1 point for every $100 spent and at times they have special offers running where at different places you can get bonus points and purchasing vacation packages gives you different points, etc. Just read the pamphlet that came along with it to see all the details. They also have various offers made available to us like tickets to a show, pins, merchandise and other goodies because we have the Disney Chase.
I know right now if you use your Disney Visa at the WOS store at WDW you get 10% off so you can be sure I'll be there!!!

Thanks! I guess I will activate it and use it when we head to WDW next month.

I am so excited about having my Rewards card. I have a balance of $123 on it and have one more billing period to post before my trip. I don't want to use it to pay for anything major. I'm just looking forward to using it to splurge on anything I want in the parks or at DTD. Usually I really limit my souvenier purchases because I feel guilty about spending the money. I know this is real money because I could use it to pay toward my room or tickets but somehow it just seems like "extra". So I'm going to have fun using it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter