Using Your DVC Interval International Account for Getaways

cbyrne1174

Mouseketeer
Here is a video I made explaining how to take advantage of the Getaway (cash only) inventory you get with your free DVC Interval International account. I own Marriott resale and am already familiar with how Interval International works. I only focused on the Orlando inventory in this video since its specific to DVC. I didn'tt discuss exchanges because it isn't cost effective for DVC owners to exchange out.

This is extraordinary. I never would've known! Thank you so much for sharing this information with us.

Question: Do you need to wait until just a few weeks/months out from your travel dates to get the best deal? I'm just wondering for the future, when my husband and I are thinking of snowbirding near Orlando for a month or two. When I looked at getaways for January, 2023, for instance, I'm not seeing much pop up right now.

Thanks again!!

This is extraordinary. I never would've known! Thank you so much for sharing this information with us.

Question: Do you need to wait until just a few weeks/months out from your travel dates to get the best deal? I'm just wondering for the future, when my husband and I are thinking of snowbirding near Orlando for a month or two. When I looked at getaways for January, 2023, for instance, I'm not seeing much pop up right now.

Thanks again!!
Start checking 3 months out. There are always great Getaway deals to be had in the weeks after New Years. I linked the travel demand index on Interval for the Orlando area, so you can see that the demand is low up until week 7 (Presedents day).
1655917952644.png

Here is a video I made explaining how to take advantage of the Getaway (cash only) inventory you get with your free DVC Interval International account. I own Marriott resale and am already familiar with how Interval International works. I only focused on the Orlando inventory in this video since its specific to DVC. I didn'tt discuss exchanges because it isn't cost effective for DVC owners to exchange out.

so how do you get to this - where do i click on member page? Found it !

This was great information! I too, would have never known or explored this option. One thing I can't seem to easily see is how to control the size accommodations I'm searching/booking. It seems to always default to the DVC equivalent of a Studio and I can't see how to change it during the search. Any suggestions?

A bit off topic pls.. marriott resale vs direct.. have you posted something on it or have a recommended resource?
Thanks!

A bit off topic pls.. marriott resale vs direct.. have you posted something on it or have a recommended resource?
Thanks!
Timeshare User Group is the DISboards of the Marriott system.

I don't know the exact difference, but it's minimal. They are changing Marriott because of the merger with Vistana. If you just want Marriott properties without being limited to where/when/how long you can stay, then just grab resale POINTS off Redweek. There is a huge Marriott fee to transfer them to you, but they are virtually the same as direct.

If you are more flexible and want cheaper stays where you can get them, then a 2 bedroom lock off is the way to go. You split the lock off, deposit both units into interval and exchange both of them for a week somewhere. The studio side of a lock off with get you all of the Orlando inventory and you can use the 1 bedroom side for DVC, the Caribbean and Hawaii as long as you are flexible with when you go. The buy in cost for the deed that will let you exchange weeks will cost about $3000. The equivalent amount of points to get you 2 weeks somewhere will cost between $25,000 to $30,000 which is why I don't have any. Marriott deeds never expire though. If you buy a lock off, you can stay a week at SSR and OKW for about 40% cheaper than owning there resale.

Is anyone else having trouble actually getting to the Interval page from within DVC? I get the popup box that tells the steps I need to take, I click continue, and then it brings me to a co-branded Interval/Disney page that says I need to log into DVC first with a link to the DVC site. When I click the link on the page to login to DVC, it just sends me back to the Interval page on the DVC website (and no matter how many times I log into DVC, I am just stuck in an endless loop). Any suggestions?

Great info!

A little off topic, but as a complete novice to trading into II via DVC, is there a wait to wait-list a certain resort without transferring the DVC points first? I am booked for 8 nights at Aulani this November, but also searched for trading into the Marriott Ko Olina. That resort came up quite a bit, as did several other Marriott Hawaii resorts in my searches....but never for my dates. Is there a way to request a certain set of dates, and if available, is locked in? I just wouldn't want to move my points to Interval without having the resort I want being available to book.

Thank you @cbyrne for the video! 🥳

Thanks for the info. I have been really interested in the getaways. I was wondering if there could be additional fees when you arrive at a particular resort? (Such as housekeeping fees or amenity fees?)
Are taxes added on to the price?
What happens if you have to cancel?

Has any DVC member been able to book a getaway week online? I entered all info, pressed the button that says "complete transaction" and nothing happened. I had to call member services and they booked it. It appears that we should be able to book it ourselves.

Timeshare User Group is the DISboards of the Marriott system.

I don't know the exact difference, but it's minimal. They are changing Marriott because of the merger with Vistana. If you just want Marriott properties without being limited to where/when/how long you can stay, then just grab resale POINTS off Redweek. There is a huge Marriott fee to transfer them to you, but they are virtually the same as direct.

If you are more flexible and want cheaper stays where you can get them, then a 2 bedroom lock off is the way to go. You split the lock off, deposit both units into interval and exchange both of them for a week somewhere. The studio side of a lock off with get you all of the Orlando inventory and you can use the 1 bedroom side for DVC, the Caribbean and Hawaii as long as you are flexible with when you go. The buy in cost for the deed that will let you exchange weeks will cost about $3000. The equivalent amount of points to get you 2 weeks somewhere will cost between $25,000 to $30,000 which is why I don't have any. Marriott deeds never expire though. If you buy a lock off, you can stay a week at SSR and OKW for about 40% cheaper than owning there resale.
Hi Cbryne, just watched the exchange videos you had. If you have the gold (medium) weeks instead of the platinum (high) weeks at MGV, will it still pull decent resorts like the platinum weeks? We travel when kids are in school vs. not in school. We don’t have kids. Or would it be better to purchase a platinum week and exchange it into a non-platinum week just to get into a good resort like Hawaii or St. Thomas? Hope that made sense

Thanks Dott

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter