• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using Your DVC Interval International Account for Getaways

This is extraordinary. I never would've known! Thank you so much for sharing this information with us.

Question: Do you need to wait until just a few weeks/months out from your travel dates to get the best deal? I'm just wondering for the future, when my husband and I are thinking of snowbirding near Orlando for a month or two. When I looked at getaways for January, 2023, for instance, I'm not seeing much pop up right now.

Thanks again!!
I check Getaway inventory every week or so when I have a trip in mind. I have noticed some reasonably priced Orlando Getaway inventory at top tier resorts the first few weeks after New Years at three months out. As you go farther out into late January and early February the prices go up on any inventory available. Getaway prices are lowest during off season times. Also, Getaways are nonrefundable unless you buy trip insurance.

I am hoping DH can take an extra week in November as Marriott's Grande Vista is only for $432 for a 2 BR villa through II! Thanks for reminding me of this option.
:worship:

We can stay a week at Marriott, a few nights at Jambo House AKV and then fly to TX for Thanksgiving. We'll fly back and stay a couple nights at Kidani AKV and then Wyndham Bonnet Creek for a week. We will get a 2 BR for our son, DIL and her parents at WBC for the same week. We plan to renew our AP's. I hope it all works out...

That strategy will stretch our vacation to almost three weeks and gift our family a week in a 2 BR as well. This will allow us to put 400+ points back into the DVC *bucket* banking most of those points into 2023.

2 BR Marriott's Grand Vista 7 nts ($432)
AKV Savannah Studio Jambo House 2 nts 36 pts ($303)
3 nights in Texas
AKV Studio Kidani 2 nts 33 pts ($278)
1 BR WBC ($0*) 7 nts
2 BR WBC ($0*) 7 nts *gift*

Total: 28 nights for $1013 average $36 night

*We paid $1400 for WBC contract which included $0 2022 points. Going forward we'll pay about $1200 a year for two weeks at WBC. It will give us more time at WDW in addition to our 500+ DVC points and II Getaway options (cash-no DVC points) again THANKS for the reminder!

I am hoping DH can take an extra week in November as Marriott's Grande Vista is only for $432 for a 2 BR villa through II! Thanks for reminding me of this option.
:worship:

We can stay a week at Marriott, a few nights at Jambo House AKV and then fly to TX for Thanksgiving. We'll fly back and stay a couple nights at Kidani AKV and then Wyndham Bonnet Creek for a week. We will get a 2 BR for our son, DIL and her parents at WBC for the same week. We plan to renew our AP's. I hope it all works out...

That strategy will stretch our vacation to almost three weeks and gift our family a week in a 2 BR as well. This will allow us to put 400+ points back into the DVC *bucket* banking most of those points into 2023.

2 BR Marriott's Grand Vista 7 nts ($432)
AKV Savannah Studio Jambo House 2 nts 36 pts ($303)
3 nights in Texas
AKV Studio Kidani 2 nts 33 pts ($278)
1 BR WBC ($0*) 7 nts
2 BR WBC ($0*) 7 nts *gift*

Total: 28 nights for $1013 average $36 night

*We paid $1400 for WBC contract which included $0 2022 points. Going forward we'll pay about $1200 a year for two weeks at WBC. It will give us more time at WDW in addition to our 500+ DVC points and II Getaway options (cash-no DVC points) again THANKS for the reminder!
You get unlimited guest certificates with your II membership for your family to use whenever they want a getaway.

You get unlimited guest certificates with your II membership for your family to use whenever they want a getaway.
Wow - I read as much as I could yesterday, but wasn't able to establish that detail. So does that mean you can also buy as many getaways as you want as long as they are available? This will definitely extend our future vacations even more. We can rent out 100 DVC points at $18 PP and buy four weeks with cash at MGV or equivalent? AMAZING!

I did book Marriott's Grande Vista 2 BR for 7 nights in November for $456 with tax. Online it is over $1800! What a deal! Thanks again!

Is anyone else having trouble actually getting to the Interval page from within DVC? I get the popup box that tells the steps I need to take, I click continue, and then it brings me to a co-branded Interval/Disney page that says I need to log into DVC first with a link to the DVC site. When I click the link on the page to login to DVC, it just sends me back to the Interval page on the DVC website (and no matter how many times I log into DVC, I am just stuck in an endless loop). Any suggestions?
I am having the same issue. We have resale and direct, I dont know if that is messing it up or what.

I am having the same issue. We have resale and direct, I dont know if that is messing it up or what.
We are new members, resale. I have had no response to multiple emails to DVC in over two weeks (got one "clear your cookies and cache" email and then one saying it was being escalated and then... crickets). I finally called II knowing they probably couldn't help but they did tell me they can see NINE accounts in II under my name. I only have one DVC contract. I have emailed DVC twice now with that bit of info from II and am waiting. Is it worth calling MS again? I don't want to waste even more time on this than I already have, which has been considerable with current hold times, and it seems unlikely that I would get to speak to anyone who could actually fix this.

I realize this is a "perk" of membership, but it is really frustrating to not be able to access this when clearly most members are able to, especially since the Getaways are a perk I could actually see us taking advantage of. :(

Great info!

A little off topic, but as a complete novice to trading into II via DVC, is there a wait to wait-list a certain resort without transferring the DVC points first? I am booked for 8 nights at Aulani this November, but also searched for trading into the Marriott Ko Olina. That resort came up quite a bit, as did several other Marriott Hawaii resorts in my searches....but never for my dates. Is there a way to request a certain set of dates, and if available, is locked in? I just wouldn't want to move my points to Interval without having the resort I want being available to book.
having been to Aulina, I can tell you the resort, the staff and the area is amazing, you shouldn't be disappointed at all.

Reviving this thread because we're considering booking a week at Grande Vista. Was told from someone on FB that I'd need to own another non-WDW/DVC timeshare that trades into II for booking these getaways in the Orlando area (something about some kind of blockade for co-located resorts). Can anyone confirm that? @cbyrne1174 perhaps? Looks like in some previous posts that others have been able to book. Thanks!

Reviving this thread because we're considering booking a week at Grande Vista. Was told from someone on FB that I'd need to own another non-WDW/DVC timeshare that trades into II for booking these getaways in the Orlando area (something about some kind of blockade for co-located resorts). Can anyone confirm that? @cbyrne1174 perhaps? Looks like in some previous posts that others have been able to book. Thanks!

I own only DVC. I recently booked Marriott's Royal Palms Resort in Orlando thru II Getaways.

I own only DVC. I recently booked Marriott's Royal Palms Resort in Orlando thru II Getaways.
Sounds good, looks like I was misinformed. Might see you down there neighbor (south Philly here!), originally looking at a Grande Vista villa, but might go to Royal Palms since it’s closer to the parks.

Ah okay. So the people selling all the cheap weeks at SSR or OKW are grabbing those with a point exchange?

Here is a video I made explaining how to take advantage of the Getaway (cash only) inventory you get with your free DVC Interval International account. I own Marriott resale and am already familiar with how Interval International works. I only focused on the Orlando inventory in this video since its specific to DVC. I didn'tt discuss exchanges because it isn't cost effective for DVC owners to exchange out.

I just wanted to thank you again, we just got back from spending a week using a getaway to stay in a 2 bedroom unit at Sheraton Vistana Resort over Easter weekend and the following week for $530 for the week! It was fantastic. We would never have known about this if not for your video. You likely saved us thousands of dollars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter