USO/WDW- A 2 Week September Adventure!

Whit64130

Mouseketeer
Hi Friends!:wave:

It‘s been a hot minute since I last started a Trip Report (hence the lack of creativity in the title)! I finally decided to write about my latest adventures from September. Bare with me, it may take while to get through this 2 week tour of USO/WDW.

The When: September 6-20, 2020
The Who: Friends from work for USO and Family for WDW

Let me start With introducing myself, Whitney. I’ll be your tour guide for this adventure.

I am your typical Disney lover who recently discovered all the Harry Potter greatness. What mean by that is I did not watch my first HP Movie until 2018 and only read the books this time last year. Yes I know I’m late to the game buttttttt.....Better late than never! This was my second trip to USO recently But my first since I’ve read the books. I obviously have an entirely new appreciation forThe Wizarding World.

Enough about me, let me introduce you to the other 2 in my USO party...

This is Olivia and Courtney, two of my close friends who are also co-workers. This is our second big trip together and I think we do pretty well traveling together.

Let’s just jump right in since I started with the airplane photo.
Sunday, September 6:
Early wake up call...like 3 am early. I drove from my house to Olivia’s to meet for our ride to the airport. Olivia’s mom drove us to Nashville to catch our plane. Luckily everything at the airport went super smooth even though they are in the middle of a huge transition. We were eating breakfast at our gate in no time. The flight was uneventful and Olivia and slept almost the whole way. I did wake up right before we were landing to catch a glimpse of this beauty I would be seeing next week!

If you can’t tell that would be The Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower!

After we landed it took us no time to collect our luggage and hop an Uber to Cabana Bay. We checked in right away and got our tickets. We made our way to the walk way to Volcano Bay.

Next up, Volcano Bay part 2!

Following along too! Can't wait to hear about your trip. :-)
I too am a late comer to the Harry Potter movies. My kids all read the books and saw the movies when they first came out and I didn't really get involved with it all until I went to USO last year (son works for Universal Creative) and I was BLOWN AWAY by the HP areas! Then I started watching the movies and saying, "It looks just like the HP land!!!" My kids are like, um, yeah, told you so :rolleyes:
I am now watching the movies and will appreciate it even more when we head back in February 2021!

Following along. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures.
Thanks for following along!:flower1:
Following along too! Can't wait to hear about your trip. :-)
I too am a late comer to the Harry Potter movies. My kids all read the books and saw the movies when they first came out and I didn't really get involved with it all until I went to USO last year (son works for Universal Creative) and I was BLOWN AWAY by the HP areas! Then I started watching the movies and saying, "It looks just like the HP land!!!" My kids are like, um, yeah, told you so :rolleyes:
I am now watching the movies and will appreciate it even more when we head back in February 2021!
I wasn’t as into the movies initially but felt like I needed to watch them before my trip in 2018. Somehow I got started on the books last year and could not put them down and I am by no means a reader. I read what I had to in high school but nothing more. You will totally appreciate it more for Your next trip!

Reactions: DLo

Following too. I started reading HP books right away, and waited patiently until the next book was released. Yes, I was one of those who stood in lines the first day to get my HP book, LOL.
We love Universal, and WDW too, but Universal is really special to us right now. There is less fuss and more to do there, maybe I should say less restrictions such as having shows continue and more eating places.
Can't wait fo rdisney to open up again! Looking forward to your TR!

Just realize I never came back to finish what I had started. I ended up getting pregnant shortly after this and life as I knew it changed forever! 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter