• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

USPS Tracking

You could've imitated Apollo Creed.....
DING-DING_zpsk6iih1xk.gif

We used to have problems, but with our new carrier they aren't as frequent. We would get mail for our house number but for a street three street over from us. As for packages, we don't seem to have problems. We got a package for a street that was no where near our house. The number was the same as our house but it was on Howard St. We don't live near a Howard St.
We have more problems with UPS than the post office. Recently my husband's medication (a narcotic) was delivered two doors down from us. The driver obviously signed for it instead of having the person at the house sign. Thankfully they were very nice and walked it down to us. My husband filed a complaint with UPS about this.
He purchased a couple guns on layaway and finally paid them off. They have to be sent to a licensed gun dealer and he can pick them up from that person/shop. They are now missing. Tracking shows that it went out for delivery to the address it was supposed to go to, but then brought back to the office and sent off for forwarding to another address. They came back to the post office to go out for delivery and were supposedly signed for by the gun dealer. We have filed a case with the post office and the sheriff's office about them being missing but so far nothing no word on where they are. We have a feeling that the carrier took them.
The only time we have problems is when we have a substitute carrier on our mail route. We have had notifications that a package was delivered and it is not in the box, but shows up a couple days later.
I have two numbers for our local post office and neither one is ever answered. They both come on with a automated message and it will go to be able to have someone answer it, but it just rings and rings. One will ring for a few times then go to a busy signal.

I wanted to resurrect my old thread to mention a recent and ongoing issue with USPS. I recently bought an item on eBay, and tracking shows that it was delivered in my mailbox yesterday morning. There was no package in the mailbox, but I decided to wait until today to see if it was delivered. There was still no package this morning. I called the number for the local post office (not the easiest number to find, but eventually found it on Google.) They got the tracking number and checked their GPS tracking. They said it appears that the package made it into my neighborhood yesterday but was delivered to an incorrect address. They are contacting the carrier, and they are going to try to recover the item and deliver it. Just a heads up that if you are having an issue with tracking, it may be beneficial to contact your local post office. Now we'll see if I eventually get the item!

We have had a couple of issues since we moved into this house 2 years ago. Many of the streets in the neighborhood have similar names, and sometimes mail gets misdelivered to a similar address number on a different street.
I lost a gift card last year that showed it was delivered as well. Caught the notice within 15 minutes of delivery and it wasn't there. Found the mail carrier who swears he put it on the neighbor's porch by mistake. Neighbor said it wasn't there. It's possible porch pirates picked it up right after he left it. It was a fill-in mail carrier so I have a hunch he saw the return address (card fulfillment center) and took it himself. Won't do physical gift cards by mail any more. Too risky. Thankfully Disney replaced it, but I still feel like they could think I scammed them in spite of me highly encouraging them to cancel the other card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter