V Room Manchester

ChipnDaleRule

DIS Veteran
Manchester Airport have recently opened a V Room, so we have decided to give it a try next year. What are the food and drink offerings like? Whats included and not included? Was it relaxing or was it just like one big kids play area? I have an image in my head of hundreds of over excited kids (mine included) haring around everywhere getting high on dohnuts:lmao: TIA

haven't been in the Manchester one but I am sure its very like the Gatwick one from what I have seen in the advertising for it.

So from a Gatwick point of view...

They have a adults only area with comfy seats and with free internet.
They have a kids section to play in with games and free internet.
The main area which has the food in has tables and chairs to sit at and a few comfy seats and really isn't that noisy. The kids have their own food section if they want and it does the normal kinda thing, cereal, juice, milk. The rest of the food area has the hot food station with the normal kinda of cooked breakfast stuff. They have the standard drinks, tea coffee etc. There is a cold station with fruit and yogurts in and you have a selection of cereal as well. Everything is free except for any alcohol. You can just help yourselves to whatever whenever you want to.
I think its a nice way to spend time while waiting for your flight to open and we have never noticed it being like a huge playroom or anything. The kids in there don't seem to be running around or being noisey, maybe its because they are all tired from the early start!!!!!. Its far more relaxing then being in the main lounge.

We used this at Manchester in October and it was a really relaxing start to the holiday

We were on the later flight and we were let into the V Room earlier that it said but as we arrived the last of the passengers were making their way to the gate anyway.

Food was great with plenty of choice. Lots to drink and snack on. The staff were very friendly and were constantly clearing away plates/cups etc

I have to say it wasn't very busy at all and DH & I managed to play a few games of Ten Pin bowling in the interactive games room and to be honest we could have played more as nobody else in there was interested - also the girls were too busy on the computers!! :surfweb:

It was so relaxing and when we eventually left for the gate it brought it home how peaceful it had been!

I will keep my eye on the reviews and if they remain good I'll certainly book again for our trip next October

We went in the V Room on October 4th for the morning flight to Orlando. It was the first time i have been in an executive lounge so i may be looking at it through rose tinted specs!!! We all thought it was fantastic. Are you on Facebook, if so i will send you a PM so that you can see all my photos. Magazines and newspapers were all free - Hello, Tatler etc. The food was the usual continental and cooked breakfasts. You could have as much as you wanted. Staff were very friendly. They told me it holds about 100 but on that morning there was 50. My girls (who are aged 26 and 16) both went on the Connect - after waiting their turn!! The sections were clearly defined between an adult only section, part to sit and eat and an area for younger children. We were called to go to the gate by staff and were some of the last to board the plane....which suits us.

Overall i would book it again - ok it was £18 each with my 10% off but it saved me that on breakfast each, magazines and just general spending that you do at the airport by wandering round!!

Hope this has been of some help to you

Is this only for people who've booked through Virgin Holidays or can anyone book? I'm flying with Virgin but, booked through Netflights...

There was 3 of us with Virgin Holidays and 1 with a flight only with Virgin. When i phoned the call center to try and pay to get in they said we couldn't because it was only open to VH. I posted on the VH page on facebook and asked the question - they send me an email - we all got in!!!

So i think it depends who you ask!

Has anyone else who hasn't booked with VH managed to pay to get in?

We're flying with Virgin next Aug but the package is booked with Jetsave. I asked in store and offered to pay but was told "no, only for VH customers"...

I'd love to try it:cool1:

We used in in September, we loved it. Were the first people in when it opened and it wasnt busy at all. Food was great, the games were good, free internet was good as well.
All members of staff were friendly and helpfull, we would do it again if traveling with Virgin, it was really worth the money for us!

Has anyone else who hasn't booked with VH managed to pay to get in?

We're flying with Virgin next Aug but the package is booked with Jetsave. I asked in store and offered to pay but was told "no, only for VH customers"...

I'd love to try it:cool1:

Sadly it's for VH customers only

Booked this for next may so very pleased with all the positive reviews :)

Quite agree its a disgrace I was flying on my own business class and was denied access, it is the last time I will be flying with Virgin anyway, their planes with business class are old heaps.
The service is rubbish and the food is gank.

Quite agree its a disgrace I was flying on my own business class and was denied access, it is the last time I will be flying with Virgin anyway, their planes with business class are old heaps.
The service is rubbish and the food is gank.

You didn't, by any chance, fly from Manchester on Tuesday 4th October did you? Only there was someone checking in before us who was moaning about not being allowed into the v-room....in fact they were most rude to the check in staff!!! One thing i cannot stand is people being rude to staff who are just doing their job....???:confused:

not sure where I stand on this, the people who pay higher class fares should be looked after BUT this is a lounge specifically for holidaymakers. I think the majority of business travellers would moan about kids running round making noise if they were in there anyway despite the adult only area (not a soul used it on our day). We used it on the 18th October and loved it, was very nice for a change to be in a lounge and being looked after rather than the usual herding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter