Vacation Club Promos

calgarygary

<font color=green>Had to comment about the system
Has anybody attended the sales presentations for any of the various resorts in Orlando? Was it worth your time and was being Canadian a problem in receiving any of the giveaways?

Gary

Years ago we were staying at Vistana and sat through a 2-to-3-hour sales pitch to get a US$150 credit (they actually handed it to us in cash!).

We've been through a number of these over the years - I'd rate Vistana in the upper middle range of pushiness (maybe a 7, where Cranberry Resort near Collingwood ON, is a 9 and DVC is a 1). Personally, I'm not sure I'd do it again just for a measly $100 or so - my time is far more valuable than that. And since we're now DVC owners we don't really have the desire to look at other timeshares in the Orlando area. Just remember that whatever their best deal might be, you'll almost always be able to do better buying on the resale market. The Timeshare Users Group (www.tug2.net) is a wealth of information on timesharing.

Our citizenship was never a problem in getting the giveaway from the developer.

- Mike

We did one years ago -- I can't remember who the company was. They did it at 7:30am and had muffins etc. out for breakfast. They had a playroom for my son so he was happy. It was about an hour and was not a hard sell -- we said no and they let us go. We got 2 one day tickets to Universal for free. At Universal they had a promotion for Cdns that you got a second day free and we had no problem getting that so we ended up getting 2 days at Universal for one hour of sitting through a presentation. They did not seem to care what nationality we were.

Cdnmickeylover

Thanks, for letting me know. The reason I asked, is before we booked our vacation, I checked into many of the "specials" and once I put in Alberta as my residence, the web sites would indicate that I wasn't eligible for the special. Do you know if Cirque tickets are available at any of these presentations.

Gary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter