Vacation Home Rental

JHZMom

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip to Disney next year and are searching for accomodations. We are interested in off-site home with pool. close to disney. We have 19 in our group, which is 10 adults and 9 children. Many of the homes we have checked out only sleep up to 14 and seem to be very strict on any over that, even young children. Does anyone know of vacation homes for larger groups or possibly 2 vacation homes together. Maybe a condo unit would be the way to go for us? We are just starting to plan, if anyone can help.

the condo units I have seen have all been pretty small...For your sanity, you may want to shoot for two seperate vacation homes--I haven't seen any of the vacation homes that look as if 19 people could be comfortable--especially if you plan to spend a lot of time there. However, if you're planning far enough ahead, I don't think it would be too difficult to get two vacation homes within the same neighborhood, at least.

JHZMom,

HI, we have rented an 8 bedroom home for 21 people to stay in for June of 2003. This was the only home that I have found that can accomodate all of our family. We rented it from blueribbonvillas.com. They are located in the UK and were very nice an informative. Unfortunately I can't tell what the house is like because we have not left yet. It is listed under there executive homes at the bottom on the site. If you have any questions about them please feel free to email me directly.

We were in the process of planning a trip for several families (the trip didn't work out) awhile back and were looking for one large house. One of the things I found on vrbo.com was some owners that owned side by side houses or (my preference) back to back houses. They were willing to negotiate the rate quite favorably, since you would be renting 2 houses. That also would have given us 2 pools, 2 sets of washers/dryers, 2 kitchens, etc. We also thought it might help spreading that many people out over 2 houses.

For our family, we decided it would be better staying together in one house. We felt it would save on problems with who would stay with who. We have 11 children going plus one set of grandparents and that way they don't have to split their time up between 2 homes. I am hoping that it all works out. The house is supposed to be fantastic, it is also listed on VRBO.com. We spoke with the rental company and the owner, the owner said just to go ahead and book it with the company. Good luck:D :p

Thank for the info. We are in the same situation several families, one set of grandparents and would like to be in same house. Even the larger houses we have checked in to will not accomodate 19. They have made it clear that you can not be over the limit no matter size or age or you could be evicted. We have one that will be 3 yrs. old and one that will be 6 months old (sleeping in a crib-not a bed). I know the limit is for safety reasons. The only house we have found so far was already booked - still looking though. We are also considering trying to find two homes together. Any good ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

JHZMom,

If you are interested I can give you the information on the house we are renting. Like I said we have not seen it yet. The house holds up to 21 people, we have 10 adults and 11 children, 5 of which are under the age of 5. The house is listed with a rental company and on VRBO.com. If you have any information or if I can help, please email me. They also have homes that are side by side. I can also tell you what price we got.:D :D

I called about a house that sleeps 21, but it is already booked for when we are planning our trip and actually most of all next summer. Now looking at possibly two houses together. Do you have any reputable names and areas we can check into for this. Also, not familiar with Disney area since it has been over 10 years since I've been there. Do you know, are all Disney owned sites only hotel type rooms. Having kitchen is important to us since we have several children. Still searching and looking in to all alternatives.

Thanks.

JHZMom, I can give you information about a couple areas I have rented houses in. And I will tell the agency I rented from, they have a lot of properties and I'm sure you could get two houses together. Just email me.

I am a homeowner, and would be happy to give you advice regards location, etc, or anything else you are unsure of. Feel free to e-mail me.

Just a tip......if you need a large house or two/three houses side by side, you really need to book as early as possible. The American market tends to book 4-8 weeks in advance of trips and this is going to make things difficult to secure the accommodation you require.

All of our larger 6-7 bedroom homes are booked out some way in advance and I would strongly encourage you to book 6-12 months in advance with whoever you choose to book with.

Another tip....I have become aware that certain 8/9 bedroom homes do not meet with DBPR regulations. Please ensure that the house you rent is licensed. This will protect you from shady operators.

Nigel

What does DBPR stand for? How exactly do you go about finding out if a home is licensed?

All homes must be licensed by the Department of Business & Professional Regulation who control rental homes under Chapter 509 of the Florida Statutes.

To check if a house is licensed - a) ask the owner / property manager or b) call DBPR. Can't give no. out here but email me if you want it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter