• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

vacation home rentals

ajr1151

Earning My Ears
Planning to go to disney May 2002. Have been to disney many times but never rented a vacation home, always stayed on-site previously. Bringing 10 people so seems like the way to go. I would appreciate any comments, pro or con. A little concerned with renting unseen location. I would appreciate any comments. This is my first time posting on this board, very impressed with the helpful information offered by everyone.

Thanks Al

Hi Al:
Welcome. I have rented 3 homes in the WDW area. They have all been great. I've never had any serious problems. I too was leary the first time I rented but now I would not go back to staying in a small motel room again. There are many reputable agencies in the area and also many private owners who rent. If you want to know the agency I used or any other information about areas I've stayed in, email me.

Great idea to rent a home.....we have always rented direct from owners at vrbo.com (central florida)...there are over 500 homes here and you deal with owners in most cases....some big companies have snuck on to this site so be care ful of big company adds and prices....We have found the owners to be great to deal with and very anxious to please.....some advice...be picky about the little things like big TVs it the living room, TV in bedroom, bath rooms in the bedrooms for the adults, and always ask for the low season rate......there are thousands of condo and house rentals and tourism is down, so people want to rent to you......also make sure you know the price with and without pool heat......you WILL need the pool heated if you want to enjoy it.....good luck.....I would guess you could get a 4 bedroom with two master suites and lots of room for about a hundred a night...good luck....Ted

My family of 12 did WDW in May 2001. We stayed in a home and it was wonderful. It was very lovely and clean. The living area was huge and having a pool to ourselves was great. We went with a smaller company www.hayesvacationrentals.com and you can actually see pictures of the home you are renting on the internet. The price was great, we would do it again in a heartbeat.

Have investigated some of these companies and would LOVE to stay in one of these lovely homes...however...am concerned about the drive from the airport and to the parks...am so paranoid about renting a car and driving in unfamiliar territory....any encouragement??
How close are these homes to the airport and WDW??
Thanks in advance!!

If the homes are close to the airport then they would not be close to WDW and vice versa. My last rental home was within sight of WDW fireworks...very close. It was almost a straight shot to drive to WDW from the house. My suggestion (if you want to attempt to rent a car) is to get a detailed map of the area. You can get one from AAA or a less detailed but still useful map comes in the Kissimmee/St Cloud vacation guide which is free (www.floridakiss.com). Also when you rent a car they will give you a map and directions if asked. If you can get the map ahead of time you can plan your route so there will be no suprises. Or you can plan your route online with mapquest or some other mapping site. I think the hardest part of the drive is just getting out of the airport.

Bonnie, you can do it!!!!!Driving around Disney is not that bad.....if you miss a turn in Disney you will aways get directed back to where you want...roads are wide and well marked.... ourside Disney, it does get bumper to bumper once in awhile, but everybody is going to the same place, so just follow the crowd....Ted

I second vgsmom's vote of confidence in Hayes Vacation Rentals. We've rented from her twice, and her prices include all taxes (at least, they have in the past). Some of her homes also have pool slides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter