Vacation Spot in Vermont, New Hampshire or Connecticut

Erzengel

DIS Veteran
My wife and I have been up and down the east coast. We've been to Cape May a lot, Ocean City in Maryland, a few times in Newport Rhode Island and once to Boston and Portland Maine. I went camping to Vermont once but I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for a week in the Summer at any of these other states. It would be nice to actually stay in one of them instead of a drive through.

The Mt Washington Valley of NH has a lot to offer. Look for lodging in Jackson, Glen, Bartlett or North Conway. I am hearing that a lot of our summer lodging in the state is already sold out this year but certainly worth taking a look.

The Mt Washington Valley of NH has a lot to offer. Look for lodging in Jackson, Glen, Bartlett or North Conway. I am hearing that a lot of our summer lodging in the state is already sold out this year but certainly worth taking a look.
I second this. Awesome area for hiking, river tubing, golf, shopping, dining, etc.. The North Conway area has something for everyone. We are here now and could easily stay all summer. it is gorgeous and there is so much to do.

Kids or no kids? And what do you like to do on vacation?
No kids. We do like the outdoors and picturesque nature stuff. She really into history and learning. As we grown older, we are less sit at the beach/lake and more let's visit this winery, go on this tour, etc.

This! My favorite place (other than Orlando). I go to the White Mountains at least 2x year

Not Hampton Beach. Lots of issues there already this year. The lakes region in New Hampshire. White Mountain National Forest. Up near North Conway. Beautiful but also may be hard to get lodging. Stowe/Smuggs/Burlington in Vermont.

Mystic, CT was really nice when we went there in October 10 years ago. I'm sure it would be great in the summer too, only without the leaf-peeping

Acadia National Park...it's so beautiful there and so many great hikes for all levels. I also want to get back to Franconia Notch area of NH.... Mystic is pretty if you enjoy a small New England seaside town vibe....

No kids. We do like the outdoors and picturesque nature stuff. She really into history and learning. As we grown older, we are less sit at the beach/lake and more let's visit this winery, go on this tour, etc.

Go to the Mount Washington Valley, then take the Cog Railway up Mount Washington (for the views and the coolness of the fact that you're riding a train up the talles mountain in the Northeast). While you're there, visit any of the local breweries (top picks include Schilling in Littleton and Tuckerman in Conway). Plan a loop drive from Conway to the Kancamagus Highway then up 93 and over the Notch and follow route 302 back through Bartlett and Glen into Conway again.

(The MWV Local in me is rebelling against the idea of telling somebody to go be a tourist there, but if you're gonna do it, you might as well do it right.)

Vermont has lots of winery and beautiful spots. The Champlain Islands has a free concert every Thursday at Snow Farm Vineyard during the summer. Lots of fun! There is the Shelburne Museum also. The Burlington area has lots of things to do along with a Sunset Cruise aboard the Lake Champlain Cruises. Plan to also visit Stowe! Take a gondola ride up the mountain and have lunch. Stowe Mountain Lodge is a beautiful place to stay. So much to do in Vermont!

Love Lake George in the summer especially the Sagamore (rates are $$$$ now) also the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe VT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter