• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vacations this summer

anniemae

Either she is eating a delicious
Anyone have any vacations planned for the rest of this summer? Changing plans due to Delta variant? We are doing mostly day trips, did our big trip in June when covid was not quite as bad.

We are going to the Oregon coast next week. We so need to get away, and since it will be in the 100's here at home and soooo much cooler at the beach, I guess we picked the right time to go. Looking forward to sitting on my oceanfront balcony with family, eating fresh seafood and some shopping. :flower1:

We’re going to Sedona and the Grand Canyon for a couple of days in about a week and a half! We’re all vaccinated, but I’m still a little nervous about the plane and airports with Delta going on. Not nervous enough to postpone or cancel, though. We did WDW in June in and I was fine with that!

Most of our travel was May, June, early July. Have to move daughter back to college in 10 days. Day trip tomorrow to visit son and dil.

Nothing else planned for now. Our area is the Hotspot for covid. Have to watch and see what happens next.

We’ve got a week in a condo right on the beach on the Outer Banks mid October to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary and another week at WDW starting October 31st. I’ll admit to not feeling the best about that one. Things could change yet for it.

We aren't changing any plans. We just got back from upstate NY this past week and we have only local trips until marathon weekend at Disney. We are perfectly fine with putting masks back on inside or outside if required. I may have a few work trips between now and the end of the year, that depends on some projects, and I'm planning on them unless the vendors cancel.

We had none this year for reasons not related to the pandemic. We retired a three weeks ago and were saving up money, and now finding out if the retirement budget that works on paper, works in reality, so no vacations planned.
As for the pandemic, we would like to go to Spring Training in Phoenix in March, but clearly with the spike (to record levels in some states) that clearly is in question. Our last Spring Training trip was March 2020 and our last scheduled day there was the day MLB shutdown Spring Training due to covid.

In 8 days DH and I will spend two weeks at the beach in Fenwick Island, Delaware. Older DD will join us for a few days. There may also be other visitors. Joe and Jill haven’t RSVP’d yet.

We’ll probably go to Rehoboth and Ocean City, Maryland once or twice each too.

We spent a week in Maine. I’m glad we went earlier as I wouldn’t want to fly right now with the delta variant out there.

my son returns to school in a week so feels like summer is over.

Beach house next week with my extended family. Same place we were last year. The beach is private where the house is so it will be pretty empty. I’ll feel very safe there. Other than that things are up in the air.

In 8 days DH and I will spend two weeks at the beach in Fenwick Island, Delaware. Older DD will join us for a few days. There may also be other visitors. Joe and Jill haven’t RSVP’d yet.

We’ll probably go to Rehoboth and Ocean City, Maryland once or twice each too.
Maybe if you guys reopen the border Justin and Sophie and the kids could make it. Parliament is in recess so they should be available. :wave2:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/u-s-travel-border-1.6111192

School started here today, so no.....summer is over, except for the heat and bugs.
Have a freshman and senior in high school this year. Going to be big years for both of them, lots to already start doing for the senior. Maybe a college trip/tour can be like a vacation???

My sister and some of her grandchildren just left today for a week in Washington DC. She came over last night to say goodbye and said she was so fortunate that the Delta variant was not in DC. Not sure what site she got her info and wasn't going there with her. They're all vaccinated except for the 11 and 10 year old grandchildren she's taking but hopefully they all survive the trip and have a great time. :goodvibes:

School started here today, so no.....summer is over, except for the heat and bugs.
Have a freshman and senior in high school this year. Going to be big years for both of them, lots to already start doing for the senior. Maybe a college trip/tour can be like a vacation???

School started on a Friday? Seems counterproductive.

A few years ago a coworker in Florida complained about her kids’ school schedule.
They started on a Friday in mid-August. The last day was the Tuesday right after Memorial Day and its 3 day weekend. Lake Mary, Florida.

No traveling last summer or this summer. I had a Labor Day getaway in my mind, but I’m not so sure right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter