Vaccinated email went out, seems Disney sent out by accident.

I received the same email for a 10/1 sailing--but I did not receive the "earlier" email. Hmm...
Us too, my husband was like it's the same info ??? .... but now I see what was sent, and I'm actually a bit peeved as it would have been perfect, we sail October 1st on the Fantasy.

Us too, my husband was like it's the same info ??? .... but now I see what was sent, and I'm actually a bit peeved as it would have been perfect, we sail October 1st on the Fantasy.

We are also on the Fantasy 10/1 sailing. I'm hoping that this is just a comedy of errors and that we won't have to test. Then I can officially begin the countdown. We were originally supposed to cruise in January but DH tested positive the night before we were to leave.

I'm sure there was something that was wrong in the email but it doesn't affect the testing part. No way they would have sent out an email like that and then go "oops that was a lie". Either they are waiting to put our a press release or there was something minor they need to fix.

Disney is so all over the place on COVID rules it is becoming a joke. They should just align with the rest of the industry at this point and stop jerking people around.
This exactly. They've made their rules so complicated compared to the rest of the industry that they can't even figure out how to communicate updates and changes.

Either way, whether it's announced today, tomorrow, or some other time soon, surely all the testing rules will be gone very shortly.

All I'm seeing is:

Which is odd...because when did they ever require to test in advance AND test at the port?

We have to do this for Bermuda. A test 2 days prior to boarding and then another 2 days prior to ARRIVAL in Bermuda, which means we have to get tested at the port or first day onboard. Have not gotten confirmation from DCL as to where/when the 2nd test will happen. And Bermuda looks to be the reason the Magic's date is different.

We have to do this for Bermuda. A test 2 days prior to boarding and then another 2 days prior to ARRIVAL in Bermuda, which means we have to get tested at the port or first day onboard. Have not gotten confirmation from DCL as to where/when the 2nd test will happen. And Bermuda looks to be the reason the Magic's date is different.
That's only true for the EBTA cruise. The cruises leaving from NYC do not require a second test to visit Bermuda. The Government of Bermuda's website says that a test is required two days before embarkation, not two days before arrival.

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Passenger Category
Cruise voyage where ship takes 4 days or less to arrive to Bermuda from embarkation portCruise voyage where ship takes longer than 4 days to arrive to Bermuda from embarkation port
Fully Vaccinated Cruise Ship Passengers
and
Unvaccinated Children 11 years and under travelling with fully vaccinated parent/guardian
1. Approved Travel Authorisation
2. Negative Pre-departure test:
COVID-19 NAAT test (PCR, LAMP or TMA) up to 4 days before embarkation
OR
Supervised antigen up to 2 days before embarkation

3. Vaccination certificate/card
OR
4. Supervised COVID-19 test on board, up to 2 days before arrival to Bermuda

Negative testing still required for fully vaccinated individuals:

Earlier today, an email containing incorrect information was sent to your attention. Please disregard that email. Below is the correct information for your sailing. We appreciate you sailing with us aboard the Disney Wish and want to share some important tips and reminders for your sailing.

COVID-19 Vaccination:

On your upcoming sailing, Disney Cruise Line will require Guests ages 12 and older to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of sailing, as defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In consideration of CDC guidance, Disney Cruise Line highly recommends that Guests ages 11 and younger be fully vaccinated before sailing.

In consideration of guidance from the CDC and the World Health Organization, Disney Cruise Line accepts the following vaccine types: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Covishield, Novavax, Sinopharm BBIBP-CorV (VeroCell), Sinovac-CoronaVac and Covavaxin (Bharat Biotech).

For Guests ages 5 and older, the CDC defines fully vaccinated as 14 days after receiving one of the following:

• A single dose of an accepted 1-dose vaccine
  • The second dose of an accepted 2-dose vaccine
  • The full series of an active (not placebo) COVID-19 vaccine in the US-based AstraZeneca or Novavax COVID-19 vaccine trials
  • The second dose of any “mix and match” combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines (administered at least 17 days apart)

For Guests ages 4 and younger, the CDC defines fully vaccinated as 14 days after receiving one of the following:

• Three doses of Pfizer: the second dose administered 21 days after the first; and the third dose administered 56 days after the second
  • Two doses of Moderna: the second dose administered one month after the first
  • Two doses of Sinopharm BBIBP-CorV (VeroCell): the second dose administered 21-28 days after the first
  • Two doses of Sinovac-CoronaVac: the second dose administered 14-28 days after the first

COVID-19 Testing: Guests who are Fully Vaccinated

Pre-Trip Testing: Fully vaccinated Guests on sailings departing U.S. and Canadian ports must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken 1-2 days before setting sail. Completing pre-trip testing prior to embarkation day enhances the efficiency of boarding and confirms that you are negative for COVID-19 prior to traveling to the terminal. Pre-trip test results must be uploaded into the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day. Inspire Diagnostics is Disney Cruise Line’s third-party partner for vaccination verification and COVID-19 testing.

Antigen tests must be completed using a proctored telehealth service and come with digital results that can be uploaded to the Safe Passage website. A nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) or PCR test also is acceptable. Guests can purchase COVID-19 tests through the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website, or obtain a test from any independent testing supplier.

Embarkation Day Testing: Fully vaccinated Guests who upload their pre-trip test results to the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day will be exempt from embarkation testing. Fully vaccinated Guests who do not upload test results by midnight prior to embarkation day must be tested at the terminal on embarkation day before boarding the ship and will be charged for the cost of the test. Guests with positive COVID-19 test results are required to complete a second confirmatory test. Guests with confirmed positive test results—as well as those sharing the same stateroom and other close contacts—will be denied boarding.

The cost of embarkation tests for fully vaccinated Guests will be $74.00 (USD) plus tax for the initial antigen test, and, if needed, $125.00 (USD) plus tax for a confirmatory PCR test, charged at the time of service.

COVID-19 Testing: Guests who are Not Fully Vaccinated

Pre-Trip Testing: Guests who are not fully vaccinated must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken 1-3 days before the sail date. The test should be a Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT), a rapid PCR test or a lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen tests are not accepted. This will be the first of two tests required for unvaccinated Guests; the second test will be conducted at the terminal on embarkation day.

Embarkation Day Testing: Guests who are not fully vaccinated are required to complete a COVID-19 test at the terminal prior to boarding on embarkation day (paid for by Disney Cruise Line).

Safe Passage Website, by Inspire Diagnostics:

Each adult Guest 18 years of age and older must individually register and create an account associated with their reservation (or reservations, for Guests with back-to-back, consecutive sailings) on the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics. Parents and legal guardians will need to use their own account to provide this information on behalf of all minors.

Every Guest (adults and children, regardless of age) must upload proof of vaccination and/or COVID-19 test results to the Safe Passage website. It is also recommended that Guests bring a copy of their proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 PCR test result with them to the port.

After appropriate documents have been uploaded and reviewed by Inspire, Guests should see the words “Clear to Arrive” or “Clear to Sail” in the Pre-Sail Screening section of the Safe Passage website when they log into their account before arriving at the port. If you have any questions about your Safe Passage registration or status, please contact 877-250-5132.

Guests can also use the Safe Passage website to purchase and schedule a pre-trip test to be performed at one of the Inspire Diagnostics testing locations set up for Disney Cruise Line Guests near the cruise terminal. PCR tests must be completed one to three days before your sail date, and antigen tests must be completed within two days prior to your sail date. Locations include:

• Holiday Inn Port of Miami – Miami, Florida
    Open 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM Eastern Time, 7 days a week
    340 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132
    Key West Meeting Room, located on the north side of the lobby adjacent to the Business Center
Online Check-in:

You must complete Online Check-in beginning 30 days prior to your sailing. You will need to submit the required documents as well as select a Port Arrival Time. All Guests, including our Platinum Castaway Club Guests, will need to select a Port Arrival Time. Please be aware that Guests will not be permitted at the terminal or in parking areas before their scheduled arrival time. Guests who arrive early will be asked to return at their scheduled arrival time, and Guests arriving after their scheduled time may be delayed and asked to wait behind those arriving at their scheduled time. Online Check-in can be completed or modified up to one day prior to sailing. After completing Online Check-in, you will receive a Port Arrival Form by email. Bring this with you to the port to expedite your arrival.

Going Ashore:

All Guests are required to adhere to local laws, regulations and protocols, including those related to health and safety, in place at the destination. Additional details about going ashore can be found in the Ports of Call: Know Before You Go section of our website.

Motorcoach Transportation:

For Guests with transfers included with their cruise vacation, motorcoach transportation from the Orlando International Airport to the terminal at Port Canaveral, Florida, will begin at approximately 9:20 a.m. on the day of embarkation. Resort Guests will receive an email 48 hours prior to embarkation with instructions on when to have their luggage ready for collection and when to meet the Hospitality Representative on the morning their cruise begins. Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport Hotel and Walt Disney World Resort Guests may also call 407-566-4040 beginning 48 hours prior to embarkation for automated information on motorcoach transfer times.

Please be sure to review the information available in the Know Before You Go section of our website for answers to many frequently asked questions.

Thank you in advance for completing these necessary steps to sail. We look forward to your arrival and appreciate your patience as we introduce these new health and safety protocols!

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

All I'm seeing is: "For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder beginning September 23, 2022 (and Disney Magic beginning November 7, 2022), fully vaccinated Guests will no longer be required to complete a second COVID-19 test at the terminal on embarkation day."

Which is odd...because when did they ever require to test in advance AND test at the port?

UPDATE: if you go to the embarkation day part of the website it now says this - For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder beginning September 23, 2022 (and Disney Magic beginning November 7, 2022), fully vaccinated Guests will no longer be required to submit COVID-19 test results in order to sail.

For the record, the email I got still says I have to test but I'll keep my hopes up given the website says this.

Kids under 5 that weren't vaccinated had to test twice. Also on the last update for under 12 that aren't vaccinated they had to test twice. So now its a bit simpler in that no test for vaccinated, but test 3 days before for the under 12 that isn't vaccinated. Whats a joke is that the CDC has even admitted that there is no difference in vax or not in spreading covid.

That's only true for the EBTA cruise. The cruises leaving from NYC do not require a second test to visit Bermuda. The Government of Bermuda's website says that a test is required two days before embarkation, not two days before arrival.

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Passenger CategoryCruise voyage where ship takes 4 days or less to arrive to Bermuda from embarkation portCruise voyage where ship takes longer than 4 days to arrive to Bermuda from embarkation port
Fully Vaccinated Cruise Ship Passengers
and
Unvaccinated Children 11 years and under travelling with fully vaccinated parent/guardian
OR

OR
4. Supervised COVID-19 test on board, up to 2 days before arrival to Bermuda

Oyyyyy! Bermuda changed it AGAIN!! I can't keep up with all this craziness! Thanks for sharing.

I am on the NY to Canada cruise in October and didn't get any email, probably because testing still is in effect for those cruises out of NYC due to Canada's/Bermuda's rules. Testing seems to be dropped starting in November sometime.

MJ

I just received an email saying vaccinated guests are no longer required to test. They mentioned an error in an email this morning so seems legit. I am sailing in a few months:

This morning you received an email in error from Disney Cruise Line regarding vaccine and testing requirements. In this email, we are reaching out with the correct updates to the COVID-19 testing requirements for your sailing.

Earlier this month, we communicated that beginning on September 2, 2022, for sailings departing U.S. and Canadian ports, Disney Cruise Line will only require Guests ages 12 and older to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of sailing, as defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Additionally, beginning September 23, 2022, for Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and Disney Wish sailings departing the U.S., fully vaccinated Guests are no longer required to participate in COVID-19 testing. Unvaccinated Guests (ages 11 and younger) will need to submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken 1-3 days before the sail date. Unvaccinated Guests will no longer be required to complete a second COVID-19 test at the terminal on embarkation day. Acceptable vaccines and testing information for Guests ages 11 and younger can be found in the Know Before You Go section of DisneyCruise.com.

According to a TA friend, they just received this notice through Disney Destinations:

Beginning Sept. 23, 2022, for sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder and beginning Nov. 7, 2022, for sailings aboard the Disney Magic, fully vaccinated Guests are no longer required to participate in COVID-19 testing in order to sail. Guests who are NOT fully vaccinated must continue providing proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken one to 3 days before the sail date. However, Guests who are not fully vaccinated will no longer be required to complete a second test at the terminal on embarkation day.

I hope this is the correct info.
Just got this email too and hoping it is correct!

I got two emails from DCL. BOTH saying that I received an email this morning in error and that the new email was correcting it.

My first challenge is when I got the first email from DCL saying my email earlier today was sent in error I did not get any email from DCL PRIOR to the error email. Then I got the second email just now (11:10 am ET) saying the earlier email was an error and that testing requirements had changed for vaccinated guests!

I am very confused at this point and figure DCL needs a few days to figure it all out. Fortunately I don’t sail for 6 weeks so by then I know it will be fixed!!!

Any TAs out there that can help make sense of this nonsense?

Ok, really confused. First email I posted and received earlier today said fully vaccinated still need to test 2 days prior. Now received a second email also stating no testing required for fully vaccinated.

Both emails stated that a prior email went out in error. WOW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter