Vaccine requirement change date

And they are looking to add a 3rd dose to the young group, so it will take longer (at least 8 weeks from first shot) for that group to be considered fully vaccinated.

We have 3 weeks in Orlando in July 2022 staying on site at disney on DVC.

We are also supposed to be on the 8th July 2022 cruise.

We have an 11 year old. We are from the UK. In the UK vaccines are not cleared as being safe and acceptable for under 12s. Thus I will not be able to get her vaccinated before we come to the USA. Its not a choice issue, but we simply cannot get her vaccinated as its illegal over here.

Is there a date where DCL are planning to re-assess the current rules?

Im hoping to wait a while before we will have to cancel the cruise. I cant see any exceptions for those who cannot be vaccinated due to not being american.

Am I correct?

Im hoping to wait a while before we will have to cancel the cruise. I cant see any exceptions for those who cannot be vaccinated due to not being american.
When DCL changes major rules such as this, they notify people booked for affected cruises and give them the opportunity to request a full refund without cancellation penalties. You won't lose your DCL money if they change the vaccine rules and you no longer want to cruise as a result.

I don’t know that there is one. DCL’s rules are largely driven by rules in the various port countries. They’ll continue monitoring the situation and adjust as they can. I don’t believe there are any exemptions for folks unable to vaccinate, regardless of the reason.

As far as waiting a while before having to cancel, we received an email from DCL about 10 days ago which stated that they were modifying the PIF dates. I have copied and pasted the important bits from the email below.

"For sailings through September 30, 2022, we are temporarily extending final payment until 60 days prior to sailing for Guests booked in unrestricted stateroom categories. This means that those Guests who have not yet reached their final payment due date can wait until up to 60 days prior to sailing to pay for their cruise vacation.
In addition, we are temporarily relaxing our cruise cancellation fee schedule for sailings through September 30, 2022, as described below.

Cruises 1 to 5 Nights (Excluding Suites and Concierge Staterooms)*

Days Prior to Vacation Commencement DateFee Amount
60 days or moreNo fee
59-45 daysDeposit per Guest
44-30 days50% of vacation price per Guest
29-15 days75% of vacation price per Guest
14 days or less100% of vacation price per Guest
Cruises 6 Nights or More (Excluding Suites and Concierge Staterooms)

60 days or moreNo fee
59-56 daysDeposit per Guest
55-30 days50% of vacation price per Guest
29-15 days75% of vacation price per Guest
14 days or less100% of vacation price per Guest

Suites and Concierge Staterooms

60 days or moreDeposit per Guest
59-56 days50% of vacation price per Guest
55-30 days75% of vacation price per Guest
29 days or less100% of vacation price per Guest
Categories with Restrictions

Reservations for Inside, Outside or Verandah Categories with Restrictions remain nonrefundable and nontransferable.

I don’t know that there is one. DCL’s rules are largely driven by rules in the various port countries. They’ll continue monitoring the situation and adjust as they can. I don’t believe there are any exemptions for folks unable to vaccinate, regardless of the reason.

Thanks. I'll just sit on the booking until the end of march and hope for the best. no reason to act just yet 🤞

When DCL changes major rules such as this, they notify people booked for affected cruises and give them the opportunity to request a full refund without cancellation penalties. You won't lose your DCL money if they change the vaccine rules and you no longer want to cruise as a result.
But this would not be a change in the rules. The rules already state vaccines are required for under 12s, so DCL would just be keeping the current rules in place and I don't see the prior poster being permitted to get a refund after PIF if they decide not to cruise due to vaccine requirements. That said, as subsequently noted, PIF is not for a while yet, so PP has some time to wait and see.

But this would not be a change in the rules. The rules already state vaccines are required for under 12s, so DCL would just be keeping the current rules in place and I don't see the prior poster being permitted to get a refund after PIF if they decide not to cruise due to vaccine requirements. That said, as subsequently noted, PIF is not for a while yet, so PP has some time to wait and see.
DCL does not state that children 4 and under must be vaccinated (obviously, they can't be as of yet), or that they will be required to be vaccinated once such vaccinations become available. The vaccination requirement as of January 13th will be for ages 5 and up.

The website also states that "all vaccination eligible guests must be vaccinated", but that is a current requirement based on current vaccine eligibility, and is not necessarily applicable when new vaccination eligibility occurs. Legally, it would be a stretch for DCL to argue "the guest should have been able to figure out that's what we meant", and given their history of offering refunds every time a new explicit requirement is added, it is extremely unlikely they would not give guests an out who don't want to vaccinate their infants & toddlers if and when such vaccination becomes available.

Last edited:
DCL does not state that children 4 and under must be vaccinated (obviously, they can't be as of yet), or that they will be required to be vaccinated once such vaccinations become available. The vaccination requirement as of January 13th will be for ages 5 and up.

The website also states that "all vaccination eligible guests must be vaccinated", but that is a current requirement based on current vaccine eligibility, and is not necessarily applicable when new vaccination eligibility occurs. Legally, it would be a stretch for DCL to argue "the guest should have been able to figure out that's what we meant", and given their history of offering refunds every time a new explicit requirement is added, it is extremely unlikely they would not give guests an out who don't want to vaccinate their infants & toddlers if and when such vaccination becomes available.
Right but the poster you were replying to has an 11 year old. That’s an age currently required to be vaccinated following Jan 13.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter