vaccuum sealed bags????

dansyr

I'm a loser
Does anyone know a place that might sell vacuum sealed bags for packing. I saw them once on QVC. They are like a ziploc bag except, you push all the air out and they stay that way. These are not the ones that you need a vacuum for. I think this would be a great way to pack stuff that doesn't really get too wrinkled, plus think of all the room you can save in your suitcase. My bf would be so happy if I only took 2 suitcase this time...lol
I'm sure Qvc still has them but was looking for something I could just pick up last minute if need be. :sunny: :tongue: :confused: :sunny: :tongue: :confused: :sunny: :tongue: :confused:

Thanks,
I never thought to look there. I work right next to one so I will go check it out.:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

I bought mine at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I was not not pleased with them. First of all, everything gets wrinkled and I hate to iron! Ours actually popped open. I don't think we over filled them because there is a line on them and our clothes were well below the line. I'll be interested to see if you like them!

What I found that worked just fine for me was 2.5 gallon ziplock bags that I found at Target. Alot cheaper too!!!! :smooth:

I agree with Travelin' Tigger. I bought a few boxes of the Hefty 2 1/2 gallon bags at Target and we packed everything in them. Just squeeze the air out(my kids rolled around on them). We've never had so much room in the suitcases! Things were really not wrinkled much(and I am the queen of ironing!)

I also just used the 2.5 gal Zip lock bags. I was chosen for a search at the airport, and let me tell you did that security person ever love me! He didn't have to touch my things, and repacking was a breeze. He said he wished everyone would think to do that.

I also just used the 2.5 gal Zip lock bags. I was chosen for a search at the airport, and let me tell you did that security person ever love me! He didn't have to touch my things, and repacking was a breeze. He said he wished everyone would think to do that.

LucyStorm -- So at the airport, you didn't have to open the bags too? Did they just xray the individual bags?

Great tip. I am going to try the zip lock bags in January. That's the one of the few downsides of flying in January to WDW. We have to pack winter and summer clothes and that makes for a lot of luggage!

The whole bag was x-rayed at security. I was chosen at the gate for a luggage search, and no they did not open the individual bags as they could see through them and view all the contents. They did squeeze them to make sure I didn't have anything wrapped inside the rolled up clothes. But my search was MUCH quicker than the guy ahead of me that was searched, his took about 15 minutes. Mine took 5, tops.

I saw the bags you are describing at my Dollar Tree. They came in packs of 2, but I didn't get them because it described packing only 1 or 2 items per bag. Didn't seem worth my personal convenience, but others may be needing that exact thing.
-MrsAPalm

I saw them today in the Christmas "ABC" catalog. $7.95 for 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter