Valet Parking When Not Staying at Resort

That is not strictly correct you certainly can tell the parking people you have to use the guest drop off and they will direct you too it. you of course then must drive around and back to actually park the car.
yes, you are correct - but not all parking attendants are always willing to allow guests to not do the 'norm'. The guest drop off for MK is actually accessed after the toll booths and has a seperate entrance to regular parking

My Dad had asked because he was curious if those who were turned away wanted to valet park would they have been allowed? He was told they were not because they wanted to save the spots for Contemporary guests and those with ADR's.

So your dad was actually told that those being turned away were NOT people who wanted to valet park.

So your dad was actually told that those being turned away were NOT people who wanted to valet park.
No he asked if the guests who turned away wanted to valet park because they would not be taking up spots in the self parking lot, would they have been allowed to even after being told they had to turn around and leave. We were told no because they wanted to save those spaces for Contemporary guests and those with ADR's.

These Resorts are now checking names off lists for guests not staying there who have ADR's

Now, I am going to lay a bet here that I have driven more miles and parked more times at WDW than almost anyone else on the Transportation Board, with the exception of some locals and some current CMs....

I have NEVER had a security guard 'check my name off a list'. Not during peak season, special events, low season... Never. The most common reaction when they see me is 'Welcome back!!! have a great time!! Park anywhere you like!'

Of course, we have already established that I am special ;) , but I assume that others receive similar treatment. I could be wrong.

Then again, my last trip to MCO WAS a few weeks ago, so things may have changed since then.

Now, I am going to lay a bet here that I have driven more miles and parked more times at WDW than almost anyone else on the Transportation Board, with the exception of some locals and some current CMs....

I have NEVER had a security guard 'check my name off a list'. Not during peak season, special events, low season... Never. The most common reaction when they see me is 'Welcome back!!! have a great time!! Park anywhere you like!'

Of course, we have already established that I am special ;) , but I assume that others receive similar treatment. I could be wrong.

Then again, my last trip to MCO WAS a few weeks ago, so things may have changed since then.
Then how can you explain others being turned away weather or not it was the day of a major holiday? If WDW wants guests to visit all thier Resorts shouldn't they let them park there no matter what? All I am saying is I have seen cars that were turned away during busy times and non busy times no matter what the time was, so they must have reasons for not letting these guests park.

We all know that you are in fact, special, bavaria. I, however, am not, yet I've had exactly the same experience as you. So have numerous others here.

Then how can you explain others being turned away weather or not it was the day of a major holiday? If WDW wants guests to visit all thier Resorts shouldn't they let them park there no matter what? All I am saying is I have seen cars that were turned away during busy times and non busy times no matter what the time was, so they must have reasons for not letting these guests park.

Rather than attempting to explain yet again, I'm going to take the high road here and just allow others to draw their own conclusions.

I have NEVER had a security guard 'check my name off a list'. Not during peak season, special events, low season... Never.

I have had them check my name off of a list before letting me enter.

I've also had them take down my license plate number as well. :thumbsup2

Okay, this is becoming a 'he said, she said' thing. So....here is the bottom line. Sometimes there is signage at the different resorts telling those driving up that they are not allowed to park unless they are either guests of that resort or eating there. If eating there, they should have an ADR number to give.
Sometimes, there is nothing posted.
So..how about we let the security people take care of who is parking at that particular resort!! Enough of the 'well, when I was there......'. We all seem to have had different experiences. Obviously no one is 100% correct, 100% of the time.
So....long story short...if you wish to park at a resort, valet or otherwise, you may be allowed to, or you may not be allowed to. Be forwarned that you may have a different experience than others here on the DIS, depending on resort, time of year, time of week, time of day and weather conditions.
DONE!!!!!
Don't make me lock this thread.

I"ve also had my name marked off. One time they couldn't find it, and said I didn't have a reservation. I had the number with me..only problem it was for the wrong year. I can only assume at one time you could make your reservations well in advance (It was a long time ago). It's really immaterial, because I could have just said I'd like to shop (which I have done) and they would have let me in. One time I went to the desk to ask about extending our stay, since we wanted to stay for the light parade, and their suggestion was to go to my car, and turn my parking pass upside down :confused3 .

That said, even when told the lot was not available, on occasion, I asked if I could valet park, and they let me right in.

So draw your own conclusions.

When the AKL first opened it was a "closed resort". The guard would make sure you were a registered guest or had an ADR before you were allowed to park.

Reports from credible posters seem to indicate restrictions on valet parking is a rare exception.

I have had them check my name off of a list before letting me enter.

I've also had them take down my license plate number as well. :thumbsup2

add me to this club. Guess it depends on the weather, as in whether you want to roll the dice or not.;)

the CR has lost quite a few parking spaces due to the construction where the north wing was; may be making all the difference & a step up in restrictions/enforcement

:wizard: To the OP, why not just take the ferryboat in lieu of the monorial from the parking lot; using drop off @ TTC. You can take your time walking to the boat while DH parks the van.

:idea: Of course, i could be wrong:scared1: ! Perhaps Disney wants us all to valet, because we all are indeed very special & deserve it, by golly! Of course, there's this nagging thought I keep having; something to do with certain percs inherent to the onsite resort you choose & pay dearly for the amentities:rolleyes1

Reports from credible posters seem to indicate restrictions on valet parking is a rare exception.

:flower3: Oh my, Lewis, are you insinuating that I am 'credible'??? So I am not only 'special', but 'credible'?

I am honoured :rotfl2:

Careful kids...you all know there are no 'warm fuzzies' here on the Transportation Board...all this niceness is coming awfully close to warm and fuzzy :lmao:

Last year we were at DW November 28 to December 3. We were stopped at the GF and asked if we were checking in or dining there. We said that we hoped to dine there but did not have ADR's. The guard made us turn around and said that on that night they were only letting guests staying at the resort or with ADR's park there. We then went to the Poly and had no problem parking there and were able to dine at Kona. I guess it is the luck of the draw.

:flower3: Oh my, Lewis, are you insinuating that I am 'credible'??? So I am not only 'special', but 'credible'?

I am honoured :rotfl2:

What makes you so certain that it wasn't ME he was referring to as "credible"!

On busier days security has been checking for room stay/ADR's to allow parking at many of the resorts. Using tables in wonderland to valet has got me through this problem each and every time. The new parking update states that "day parking" is free, but without ADR's you might get turned away. I have ran into this at the Contemporary and the Boardwalk over the last few months.

OK, sorry, I am using the wrong terminology. I need to find the easiest way to get to the Monorail. It is the tram and buses that I am trying to avoid - anything that will require me to breakdown the double stroller and try to hold it and 2 year old wiggle-worm twins at the same time. Any suggestions? My point about valet is that if it got me closer to the park without having to take the tram, then it would be worth the extra $ to us.

The easiest way to get to the monorail is to park at the TTC. You can then walk to the monorail or the boat. You don't have to use the tram if you don't want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter