Value 2 bdrm @ Animal Kingdom

Cdn Jeff

Earning My Ears
Hi,
Wondering how fast the value 2 bedroom villas at AK sell out? Do they go right at the 11 month mark or do you usually have some time to snag one?

They book right at 11 months, once studios go all the 2 bedroom go since they are apart of a lockoff.

If you wait until 8:02 at 11 months, you will miss out. It's the studios that go so fast, since they are all lock-offs, once the studois are gone, so are the 2 BR.

They book right at 11 months, once studios go all the 2 bedroom go since they are apart of a lockoff.

Thanks for the reply. Here is my dilemma....
I’m wanting to rent DVC points to book a 2 bdrm value at AK for 13 night. Withbthe 7 day limit on booking at the 11 month mark, this would mean that the owner couldn’t book it until 11 month - 6 days. Do you think that they are likely to be gone that fast (6 days)? Booking would be for November 2020. Any suggestions on how to handle that?

If you wait until 8:02 at 11 months, you will miss out. It's the studios that go so fast, since they are all lock-offs, once the studois are gone, so are the 2 BR.

Thanks. See my reply above. Any suggestions?

I’m wanting to rent DVC points to book a 2 bdrm value at AK for 13 night. Withbthe 7 day limit on booking at the 11 month mark, this would mean that the owner couldn’t book it until 11 month - 6 days. Do you think that they are likely to be gone that fast (6 days)? Booking would be for November 2020. Any suggestions on how to handle that?
November is fairly busy for DVC so it will be difficult for any owner to grab into a value unit at 11 months. The one thing you could do is if using a broker is split the reservation into the first 7 days and the last 6 days. However, the broker will send this out as two separate rental requests but there would be no guarantee that the room would be available for either stay so you could be left holding a reservation for only part of your stay, which could be problematic. The only real choice would be to rent directly from an owner, if they were willing to grab the reservation for you, but some owners won't put the work into grabbing a Value unit since the money is the same if they grab an easier to book reservation. Though some owners might be willing to do the work.

Also, if I recall correctly, some (or one) of the DVC brokers don't even take requests for AKV Value or Club or BWV Standard. Though I think one of them does.

November is fairly busy for DVC so it will be difficult for any owner to grab into a value unit at 11 months. The one thing you could do is if using a broker is split the reservation into the first 7 days and the last 6 days. However, the broker will send this out as two separate rental requests but there would be no guarantee that the room would be available for either stay so you could be left holding a reservation for only part of your stay, which could be problematic. The only real choice would be to rent directly from an owner, if they were willing to grab the reservation for you, but some owners won't put the work into grabbing a Value unit since the money is the same if they grab an easier to book reservation. Though some owners might be willing to do the work.

Also, if I recall correctly, some (or one) of the DVC brokers don't even take requests for AKV Value or Club or BWV Standard. Though I think one of them does.

Thanks for the info. My plan was to try and work directly with an owner. I didn’t figure that the brokers would be much help with this request. So if I understand it correctly, the owner would book the first 7 days, then need to add an extra day at 8am every morning for 6 days in a row? Is this correct?
If we split the stay, how does that work with MDE and dining reservations and fastpasses. Do we end up with 2 180 day windows for dining and 2 60 days windows for fp? Or can we book for the whole trip at 180/60 days from arrival to the first reservation?

Thanks for the info. My plan was to try and work directly with an owner. I didn’t figure that the brokers would be much help with this request. So if I understand it correctly, the owner would book the first 7 days, then need to add an extra day at 8am every morning for 6 days in a row? Is this correct?
If we split the stay, how does that work with MDE and dining reservations and fastpasses. Do we end up with 2 180 day windows for dining and 2 60 days windows for fp? Or can we book for the whole trip at 180/60 days from arrival to the first reservation?
Correct the owner needs to add an extra day each day for the next 6 days, though they likely don't need to do it at 8 AM as no other owner really could block them out of the room as they have "claim" to the room and the checkin date for next availability on that room is down the line. There still is a risk that one day later in your window has less availability simply because rooms are scheduled to be taken out of service for maintenance but that is a small risk.

You would have 1 window for FP. Though dining would be two windows for you.

You are unlikely to find an owner willing to do this for you - and unlikely to have it work even if you do. There are far more people trying to snag those rooms than those rooms are available, and people will spend WEEKS walking into the reservation.

Budget for standard view - you'll have no problem getting it.

Correct the owner needs to add an extra day each day for the next 6 days, though they likely don't need to do it at 8 AM as no other owner really could block them out of the room as they have "claim" to the room and the checkin date for next availability on that room is down the line. There still is a risk that one day later in your window has less availability simply because rooms are scheduled to be taken out of service for maintenance but that is a small risk.

You would have 1 window for FP. Though dining would be two windows for you.

Thank you so much for answering all of my questions.
Just so I’m clear, if we did a “split stay” through a DVC broker and end up renting from 2 different owners, spend the first 7 days at AK and the next 6 days at BW, we could book fastpasses for all 13 days at 60 days prior to the check in at AK, but dining would be 180 days prior to check in for the AK stay, then a second 180 days prior to check in for the BW stay. Is this correct?

Thank you so much for answering all of my questions.
Just so I’m clear, if we did a “split stay” through a DVC broker and end up renting from 2 different owners, spend the first 7 days at AK and the next 6 days at BW, we could book fastpasses for all 13 days at 60 days prior to the check in at AK, but dining would be 180 days prior to check in for the AK stay, then a second 180 days prior to check in for the BW stay. Is this correct?
Correct it should work that way. By all accounts on the boards it’s been functioning properly.

I have been trying to get a Value Studio at 8:00am /11 mos. out for over a month now and I have been on every single day. Due to walking, I have not been able to get one.

Any owner who will walk it for you will also charge enough of a premium for the points you would be paying for a standard anyway.

I always laugh when I see AKV Value and BWV Standard reservations for rent in FB groups. They usually charge such a premium because of the work involved that those reservations cost more than the same resort with an upgraded view. The whole reason they are so popular is because they are cheap...the premium defeats the purpose.

My suggestion is to set your sights higher and budget for a standard view 2BR at AKV or else train your sights on OKW. As others have pointed out, getting a Value View villa of any type, at any time of year is difficult. Even more difficult during Fall Frenzy.

If you look at it from an owner’s perspective, I could jump through hoops to secure you that very rare reservation or I can rent out almost the same number of points to someone who wants a standard view 1BR at the same time. And do it with a minimum of hassle. Or I can get you that reservation but charge more for the points because of the difficulty involved, pretty much negating any savings you would get from booking the cheap villa.

Personally, I won’t rent BWV standard view studios or AKV value view villas. Not worth the work involved and I feel that the people who made the “investment” in DVC, the owners, should get them. JMHO

Impossible... A 2 bdrm value AKV is like finding a white rhino. We all know they exist but good luck finding one in the wild.

I've tried stocking at 8am for weeks and havent been able to get a room.

A value at AKV is unlikely for a renter at the best of times, wanting it for two weeks is ridiculously unlikely due to booking rules.

A value at AKV is unlikely for a renter at the best of times, wanting it for two weeks is ridiculously unlikely due to booking rules.
While I think getting a value room is unlikely, I am not sure what makes two weeks ridiculously unlikely.... Unless of course the OP doesn't find an owner willing to book at 11 months from check-in and willing to extend the stay every couple days....

While I think getting a value room is unlikely, I am not sure what makes two weeks ridiculously unlikely.... Unless of course the OP doesn't find an owner willing to book at 11 months from check-in and willing to extend the stay every couple days....
That is really the issue. You need an owner to probably walk to get the first day, too. Most renters who want a Value are trying to save money, and the amount of fussing to get a Value for two weeks is not something most AKV owners want to do at $14pp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter