Values sold out already for early December?

mgc

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to ask some of you experts if this could really be true or if I should keep checking...My plan was to book 2 rooms at a value resort (preferably Pop but any are ok)..Looking for weekend of either 11/3-12/2 or 12/7-12/9...Seems like there are no rooms available. I know Pop Warner is that first week of December but could it really be that all values are booked this far in advance?

Something similar happened last year. I think people were making multiple bookings hoping additional free dining offers would be made available.

Reactions: mgc

Maybe you could try for one of the Disney Springs good neighbor resorts. With special offers (e.g., through MouseSavers) prices at some of these are sometimes comparable to the values, and you'd still get some of the same perks as onsite.

Pop Warner is early December and they tend to stay in the All Stars. We are going early December also for a quick trip. Originally we were booked with a Bounceback at Movies, but we had to change or dates to Dec. 1 - 5 and the only thing we could get was Pop with no discount!

Just wanted to ask some of you experts if this could really be true or if I should keep checking...My plan was to book 2 rooms at a value resort (preferably Pop but any are ok)..Looking for weekend of either 11/3-12/2 or 12/7-12/9...Seems like there are no rooms available. I know Pop Warner is that first week of December but could it really be that all values are booked this far in advance?

- POP Warner on WDW site is Nov 30 - Dec 8th so eats in to both your dates.
- Some value rooms will be out of service due to renovations.
- POP Century is now the most popular due to the new room renovations, and you are guaranteed a new one.

Maybe you could try for one of the Disney Springs good neighbor resorts. With special offers (e.g., through MouseSavers) prices at some of these are sometimes comparable to the values, and you'd still get some of the same perks as onsite.
Great idea...though I am hoping to take advantage of Magic express for aiport transfers...do the good neighbor hotels offer this?

Great idea...though I am hoping to take advantage of Magic express for aiport transfers...do the good neighbor hotels offer this?
No, but they do have free buses between the hotels and the parks. (Although that doesn't help with airport transportation.)

Movies and Sports have availabilty for those dates, I see it. Make sure you are searching room only.

I booked POP back in April for our WDW trip the 1st week in December. I agree with others that it is even more popular now that it has undergone room renovations. Even at rack rate, Pop was a much better deal than French Quarter where we usually stay. Keep checking, things change all the time. Good luck!

To be clear when searching ... Good Neighbor Hotels DO NOT have 60 day FP+ and EMH. When you go on the Disney site to book, you can click on the Good Neighbor category but to be clear they do not offer these things.

The Disney Springs hotels do (they are not Good Neighbor hotels). They often run special deals. B Resort has a great one right now THROUGH MOUSESAVERS if you book by July 4th or 5th. Reduced rates and waived resort fees. Do the math and see if some of these resorts work.

I just didn't want you to book at Good Neighbor and then be surprised.

Good job finding a room at Music. Last year in June 2017 we stayed at Music for a last minute trip (with discount code). We were pleasantly surprise. Great experience with Music. We were in Broadway Bldg 7 facing the back. Quiet and nice.

To be clear when searching ... Good Neighbor Hotels DO NOT have 60 day FP+ and EMH. When you go on the Disney site to book, you can click on the Good Neighbor category but to be clear they do not offer these things.

The Disney Springs hotels do (they are not Good Neighbor hotels). They often run special deals. B Resort has a great one right now THROUGH MOUSESAVERS if you book by July 4th or 5th. Reduced rates and waived resort fees. Do the math and see if some of these resorts work.

Oh, I thought that the Disney Springs hotels (which have these perks) were a subset of the good neighbor hotels (the rest of which don't).

If you're driving, make sure to check the parking fees Some of the DS hotels have fairly steep ones- like $22/night. Values are $13/night, right? (I booked Dec right before the parking fee deadline - it'll be my last trip with free parking.) :sad1:

Correct, the fee is $13 per night at Value resorts, $19 at Moderate resorts and $24 at Deluxe and Deluxe Villa resorts as of 3/21/2018. Reservations make before this date will not incur the parking fee. Your confirmation number will determine if you will or will not be charged for parking.

So if the first five digits of the reservation number are 48079 or less, that's the magic number. The first two digits are the year (1971 = 01, 1972 = 02, 2017 = 47, 2018 = 48) and the next three digits are the day of the year with March 20th = 079. Very easy for everyone to know if the reservation is pre or post parking fee.

Dave

I thought Good Neighbor hotels starting getting 60 day FP+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter