• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vampirina

Princess_Lisa

DIS Veteran
I came across an article from a month or two back saying that she was coming to MGM, but at the time they didn't know where she would be incorporated (Disney Junior show, Meet and Greet, or H&V). Another article said Roadster Goofy was replacing Handy Manny at H&V soon. Has anyone heard anymore about this? I would love for her to be added somewhere, but I'm concerned who she might replace. I've been seeing Sofia the First merchandise pushed out of stores in favor of the newer shows and as much as adding Vampirina would be great, hope Disney isn't planning to do the same to add her.

We've talked about it on here before. Disney doesn't seem quick to push their Disney Junior Shows into the parks .. if at all. My guess is that it probably is a licensing thing.

I am not sure if shows like PJ Masks, Vampirina, Puppy Dog Pals, Sheriff Callie, Goldie and Bear and such are full "Disney" properties (unlike the Lion Guard, Elena and Roadster Racers -- which you see in the parks). So while they can sell merchandise, maybe they are limited on character meet and greets? Or maybe they just don't want to invest in costumes for shows that may only last a season or two. The audience for those characters is short-lived.

Still boggles my mind that "Miles from Tomorrowland" never got anything in the parks despite the show being based around the fictional TTA (Space Mountain). Too late now as my son has moved past that.

As someone who has taken a preschooler to WDW a few times, I think they could use more Disney Junior stuff in the parks. My son (when he was 3) LOVED the Disney Junior Live attraction (was a bit scared of the characters though in person (they are so large to little kids)-- so that made the H&V character lunch challenging .. heh).

For us, though, that Disney Junior attraction was the highlight of the trip for our little 3-year old as he was really into all four of those shows at the time.

I think the parks could really use a Disney Junior section .. a no height-restriction ride .. the Disney Junior show (updated) .. meet and greets and a playground (the other highlight of that trip was the Honey I Shrunk the Playground). Maybe they will take the animation courtyard and transform it to that once the Star Wars Launch Bay is retired.

I came across an article from a month or two back saying that she was coming to MGM, but at the time they didn't know where she would be incorporated (Disney Junior show, Meet and Greet, or H&V). Another article said Roadster Goofy was replacing Handy Manny at H&V soon. Has anyone heard anymore about this? I would love for her to be added somewhere, but I'm concerned who she might replace. I've been seeing Sofia the First merchandise pushed out of stores in favor of the newer shows and as much as adding Vampirina would be great, hope Disney isn't planning to do the same to add her.

I believe May 13th is the first day for Roadster Racer Goofy at Hollywood and Vine

I agree with @tlmadden73 that I am surprised there isn't more (and more updated) Disney Jr presence in the parks - not saying we need new E-Ticket attractions, but I know my kids would be up for a meet & greet with Miles or PJ Masks or whatever. PJ Masks especially seems popular and you could sell a ton of costumes, etc

I am not sure if shows like PJ Masks, Vampirina, Puppy Dog Pals, Sheriff Callie, Goldie and Bear and such are full "Disney" properties (unlike the Lion Guard, Elena and Roadster Racers -- which you see in the parks). So while they can sell merchandise, maybe they are limited on character meet and greets? Or maybe they just don't want to invest in costumes for shows that may only last a season or two. The audience for those characters is short-lived.

Based on a brief search, Sheriff Callie and PJ Masks seem to be owned by other companies. Most of the rest seem to be owned by Disney but some of them created by non-Disney people, so for those first two plus some others, most likely a licensing issue like you said.

Still boggles my mind that "Miles from Tomorrowland" never got anything in the parks despite the show being based around the fictional TTA (Space Mountain).

Right?!?! It seemed like it was made specifically to tie in to the parks and they never did it.

I definitely agree that a little more Disney Junior integrated experiences would be great for the younger set. My 4 year old loves Elena and Vampirina and would probably recognize them before she would recognize Alice in Wonderland or Winnie the Pooh. I understand how some of these shows are short-lived, but a lot of them have been going strong for some time.

I think the parks could really use a Disney Junior section .. a no height-restriction ride .. the Disney Junior show (updated) .. meet and greets and a playground (the other highlight of that trip was the Honey I Shrunk the Playground). Maybe they will take the animation courtyard and transform it to that once the Star Wars Launch Bay is retired.

I was thinking the same thing. Once SWGE opens, they can expand into the Launchbay and down the road maybe even into some of the backstage between them and RNRC, assuming it is useable. Even bettter had they had tied the GMR replacement into Roadster Racers.

MGM.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. Once SWGE opens, they can expand into the Launchbay and down the road maybe even into some of the backstage between them and RNRC, assuming it is useable. Even bettter had they had tied the GMR replacement into Roadster Racers.

View attachment 321144
The GMR building is much larger than what you have in that red area. The building goes all the way to SWGE.

Disney Junior is great and all for the young kids but I think if there were a demand for more they would have done it by now as a kiddie area isn't exactly expensive to do.

All of those other areas you have circled you have to remember the amount of backstage offices, and Cast parking that is included that would have to be moved somewhere.

Like Reetz said, its unlikely Disney will invest into more Disney JR space, first off like others said, Disney doesnt own 100 rights to alot of the IPs, and as we know Disney is stepping away from the paying for the rights model that was popular for Star Tours, Twilight Zone and Indiana Jones from earlier days at DHS. Granted Disney now owns Lucas but they didnt when both Indiana Jones and Star Tours opened. Another issue is although Disney actively is going after kids, it seems they are less interested is the toddler to preschool and more into the more vocal kindergarden through 5th grade kids. I wouldnt have the numbers but I would suspect the older children tend to be able to drive there parents purchasing power a bit better then the ones who are still learning to vocalize as well. Again I wouldnt have the numbers but from my own people watching at Disney with friends who have kids, and then just other people who were in the shops at the same time me and my wife were, It seems you have alot more of the kids with gimmes at that age then the younger ages. In saying that, I would assume Disney is more interested in maximizing profit with that crowd then investing in the younger ones.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was super bummed that she was not the new character for H and V. I think that would be a great place for her, and they could phase her out when they want. We are also big fans of the Octonauts and those “PJ Pests” (as night ninja would say) but I get the whole licensing thing. But my understanding is that Vee is another story. Cmon Disney!

Disney junior shoes are hard to invest in, they switch out for newer and “greater” shows every few years. The one show that moved into the parks very quickly was Jake and the Neverland Pirates. My son wasn’t even interested in it yet when suddenly Jake was featured in the show and at Hollywood and Vine. PJ Masks took a long time to even get merchandised into stores, about a year after it started. That was my daughters show and she had moved on by the time stuff came out. She did move back to it though once she saw the toys in stores!

And I fully agree with Miles needing to be in Tomorrowland! Such a great tie in to the parks, no idea why they didn’t jump on that from year one of the show.

We've talked about it on here before. Disney doesn't seem quick to push their Disney Junior Shows into the parks .. if at all. My guess is that it probably is a licensing thing.

Still boggles my mind that "Miles from Tomorrowland" never got anything in the parks despite the show being based around the fictional TTA (Space Mountain). Too late now as my son has moved past that.

As someone who has taken a preschooler to WDW a few times, I think they could use more Disney Junior stuff in the parks. My son (when he was 3) LOVED the Disney Junior Live attraction (was a bit scared of the characters though in person (they are so large to little kids)-- so that made the H&V character lunch challenging .. heh).

For us, though, that Disney Junior attraction was the highlight of the trip for our little 3-year old as he was really into all four of those shows at the time.

I have been saying for YEARS they need a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse playground+ Splash pad. I have the whole thing in my head. Its awesome. This would give the smaller kids something to do, everyone could cool off and rest. Mickey and the gang is timeless and won't be going away anytime soon. It seem like such an easy and obvious thing to do. Then add in a dedicated Disney Junior area with meet and greets, dining and merch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter