Vancouver arrivals 5/16

dcassetta

DIS Veteran
Firstly, I hope you had a great cruise!

Secondly, if you flew from YVR back to the US would you please describe the testing process you did for the flight?
Online (was there a good WiFi signal at Canada Place)?
At the port through Disney?
At the airport?

Future Alaska cruisers appreciate your input.

Thank you!

We bought the emeds lab proctored online test and tested in our room the day before. We bought a wifi package. It was slow but we got it done without too much trouble.

Happy to answer any questions.

I just tested at the Bon Voyage testing facility in the Fairmont Airport hotel getting ready to fly home to the US. Super easy and quick. No lines!
When I did the DCL pre cruise testing at the hotel across from Canada Place it was quite the mess. I’ll give them a bit of patience since that was their first time doing it on Vancouver but it was a lengthy mess.

I just tested at the Bon Voyage testing facility in the Fairmont Airport hotel getting ready to fly home to the US. Super easy and quick. No lines!
When I did the DCL pre cruise testing at the hotel across from Canada Place it was quite the mess. I’ll give them a bit of patience since that was their first time doing it on Vancouver but it was a lengthy mess.
Was this booked independently or is this where they sent you for tests booked through safe passage? So far reports of the precruise testing today look like its still a lengthy mess.

Was this booked independently or is this where they sent you for tests booked through safe passage? So far reports of the precruise testing today look like its still a lengthy mess.
This was the DCL paid for “precruise” testing to get on the ship.
Bon Voyage was who I reserved with for flying home after the cruise. Booked online selecting a 10am appointment time. Did express walkoff, taxi to airport. Got to the testing room by 9am and they let me go ahead early. There were no lines, I was the only person to test at that hour. 20 minutes later I had my email with test results. Easy.

We disembarked the Wonder on Monday from the Hawaii to Vancouver cruise. We booked the Bon Voyage Medical testing at the Fairmont Hotel at the airport as well. We booked the appointment from the ship online while we had cellular service on the last day in Hawaii. I waited until the last minute to book in hope the US would drop the requirement. It was very easy and efficient testing at the Fairmont at YVR. It is right on the lobby level and there were people there testing who were not even staying at the Fairmont. We did spend the night so thought testing there made more sense than the near the port and I am glad we did. We heard the testing by the port was chaos. Our tests cost $56.71 US as it just showed up on my credit card. We took a cab from the port to the Fairmont YVR and it dropped us off right in front of hotel. We booked our appointment for 11:00 am and the timing was good since we were a little delayed in getting off the ship. Results came in about an hour.

MJ

We did a proctored test on Deck 10 while waiting to disembark. We used OnPoint, which allowed us to use our own home test kits that we already had, and they allow up to 2 people test on the same appointment (each with a separate $24 charge). We tethered my iPhone to my laptop, just to be sure we'd have a good connection. After we received our results we uploaded them to Delta and left the ship to catch the train to YVR.

Thank you!

We bought the emeds lab proctored online test and tested in our room the day before. We bought a wifi package. It was slow but we got it done without too much trouble.

Happy to answer any questions.

We waited until we were in port in Vancouver that morning to do our proctored tests so that I could use my iPhone's data plan. But I was very curious about trying to use the ship's wifi. Glad to hear it is possible. Do you know about how much data you used for the appointment? I had a data plan, but I was afraid that the video conference would suck it all away in an instant. It did get sucked up while dealing with other unrelated things. I ended up buying 2 plans (300 and 100) after the 50gb embarkation special.

We did a proctored test on Deck 10 while waiting to disembark. We used OnPoint, which allowed us to use our own home test kits that we already had, and they allow up to 2 people test on the same appointment (each with a separate $24 charge). We tethered my iPhone to my laptop, just to be sure we'd have a good connection. After we received our results we uploaded them to Delta and left the ship to catch the train to YVR.
If you don’t have a laptop could you use a phone?

If you don’t have a laptop could you use a phone?
They said we could, but I didn’t want to try and figure out how to hold or position the phone and take the test at the same time. I have seen that, with some proctored tests, they want to be sure they can see you and the test at all times.

Firstly, I hope you had a great cruise!

Secondly, if you flew from YVR back to the US would you please describe the testing process you did for the flight?
Online (was there a good WiFi signal at Canada Place)?
At the port through Disney?
At the airport?

Future Alaska cruisers appreciate your input.
I did not have a wifi signal at all at Canada Place or at the port. My phone carrier was sprint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter