• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vancouver - getting to Granville Island and suggestions

For taxis you can also use the ECab app which lets you call for a cab and pay using your phone (you can set up an account and add your cc ahead of time)

Interesting, never heard of the app so I made note of it! Thanks!!
To clarify...
  • Vancouver cab companies recognize the main bottleneck is dispatch. By using apps and their websites, your request is processed faster.
  • Each Vancouver cab company has their own app.
  • eCab has an agreement with 4 Vancouver cab operations. Their app shows where each available cab is located and you just click to the one you want.... eCab was designed to work like Uber's app and offer the same convenience.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...who-fought-off-uber-launch-ecab-app-1.3228870
  • these apps may not work well for debarkation.... I recommend dragging your luggage a few blocks away from the cruise terminal for the pickup to work efficiently.

I would recommend getting some CAD especially because of the exchange rate (if you live in the USA). I was the only one to have done this in our group, and others either didn't buy something (they also didn't have free exchange on their credit cards) or paid American $ and paid more than they should have.

The info I had read on the HOHO is the loop can take quite awhile and I didn't want to be on the bus say an hour when we only needed 15 minutes to travel to Granville Island. Thanks for the positive report and I haven't completely ruled it out :)

If you don't have a lot of time, I can completely understand. What we did on the first afternoon was actually ride the bus the whole loop so we could see everything and hear the narration. The second day we did Granville and China Town and the last day Stanley Park. Because we had several stops we got off at, the loop didn't take us an hour, but if you are only interested in one place then it could be too long.

If you have time, try to stop at a Japadog stand or counter service location -- hot dogs with dozens of toppings including lo mein noodles, rice, etc. Very interesting and fun. Lines can be long though, but they move quickly.

Did it today, We used HoHo Trolley! It is the last stop on the Stanley Park loop and they give you a ferry ticket. Once you are done you can walk across the bridge and take the downtown loop of the HoHo trolley. I recommend it if you have time even if you don't get off at any other stops you get a good overview

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter